Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-06-2017, 08:17 AM   #121
BurningRage
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
She's kicking the rocket IT'S OUTRAGEOUS MAN ! HA HA HA HA!

BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 08:29 AM   #122
dechirico7
The Flash

I have a few concerns though:
1. Potential leaning - a rep on Sideshow live said there would be a rod, but I still have concerns about it.
2. Fragility
3. Price

I think the piece is great and would love to add it to my collection, but if this is even close to Deadpool price....forget it.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 09:59 AM   #123
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
I have a few concerns though:
1. Potential leaning - a rep on Sideshow live said there would be a rod, but I still have concerns about it.
2. Fragility
3. Price

I think the piece is great and would love to add it to my collection, but if this is even close to Deadpool price....forget it.
I just copied and pasted this from Harbottle's reply on the Deadpool thread addressing why Deadpool costs so much:
"What makes this piece different from your standard PF is its complexity: Deadpool is composed of well over a hundred individual pieces; Spider-Man, by comparison, was thirteen. Deadpool has 15 separate pouches as well as separate straps, shoelaces, gunbelts, holsters, muzzle flash, exploding grenade, a giant missile with fire trail, etc. It has 5 separate clear elements. There is a fully sculpted fireball that you can see through the dome of the explosion blast wave, along with 25 separate pieces of flying smoke and rubble. Heck, we even have a string of spent shells ejecting from the side of his machine gun! And that’s just the standard version. We wanted the people who own this to have new things to discover in it for years to come"

It looks like a lot of the things he lists are also in this PF, so I'm thinking this will at the very least be $649 or even $699. It doesn't have the fireball explosion, or the shooting gun, but the car base seems to be a lot of work. Also, I think the EX will be Headpool, another way to justify the price.

PS I don't know how to pull a quote from another thread, though I think I've seen it here before which is why I just copied and pasted.
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 10:02 AM   #124
HulkWins
Frackin!

I think she will be $599 with Dogpool that sits on base exclusive. Id be ok with that.
HulkWins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 10:09 AM   #125
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Whoever is lucky enough to get both the Deadpool and Lady Deadpool pfs will have a bloody amazing display! They compliment each other perfectly, kudos to everyone involved. Throw in that Lifesize Deadpool bust and I think that will be one of the best Deadpool themed displays that money can buy. For super fans of the character, that would be a no brainer!
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 10:37 AM   #126
SONICobra
Batman

does anyone know if will sculpted the "deadpool on vespa" for gentle giant? i know he has done work for them in the past, that would be another fun little easter egg if that were the case
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 11:56 AM   #127
Harbottle
Sculptor
Sculptor

Harbottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 12:15 PM   #128
SONICobra
Batman

nicely done sir
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 01:54 PM   #129
Eky
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

OMG

I wasn't supposed to buy this !
Eky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 03:42 PM   #130
ukshaun
Hercules

Can't wait to see the prototype photo's.

While i appreciate they kept the red material to match that of the male Deadpool. I'm holding out for a Deadpool that has the rough surface red material as featured in the movie, and something Hot Toys used. What are the chances of more Deadpool from SideShow in the future?
..i know Prime1 have a Deadpool planned. Will they attempt the rough surface red material?

If the price is right, i'm still slightly tempted by this new Will Harbottle statue
I was a great fan of all Will Harbottle's work while he was at Gentle Giant
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote