Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Community Corner > Aussies

Old 04-09-2014, 06:49 PM   #231
bamkapow
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordrycon View Post
I'm hoping to add a McKone and a Cheung to my Batman jam this year, I would be happy if I could achieve that.
These guys are great, chatted to Mike McKone for a good 15 minutes, he was awesome!

All of the artists were very accessible, friendly and willing to talk. This for me was the best part of SuperNova GC.

Looking forward to the next opportunity to check these guys out!
bamkapow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 08:26 PM   #232
lordrycon
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamkapow View Post
These guys are great, chatted to Mike McKone for a good 15 minutes, he was awesome!

All of the artists were very accessible, friendly and willing to talk. This for me was the best part of SuperNova GC.

Looking forward to the next opportunity to check these guys out!
Good stuff! Did you get any pieces during the show?
lordrycon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:00 PM   #233
blink90210
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
Just got home from a marvelous night spent at dinner with some of the Supanova guests, including Jim Cheung and Mike McKone! Was really great spending time with them and hearing some personal stories! Really pumped for the weekend now!
That's awesome, I'm sure Jim talked about me from our times at LVCE and NYCC last year
I can't wait to catch up with you and everyone else this weekend, look forward to hearing about some of these "personal stories".
blink90210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:44 PM   #234
Peasant
A day without sunshine is like... night.

1 more sleep peeps!!! Are we pumped and excited or what?!!?! AARRRGGGGHHHH…(I'm ssooo not getting any sleep tonight). lol
Peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 02:32 AM   #235
bamkapow
Doh!

Quote:
Good stuff! Did you get any pieces during the show?
No lordrycon, not this time around but that will come. There will be other opportunities.
bamkapow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 08:34 AM   #236
Peasant
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Guys, just wanted to say, what a good day to catch up with everyone at Supanova! Really had a good time finally getting to meet people on this forum! Putting faces to the name! I'm sure over the next few days lots of artwork will be posted.

I have to say, for the con itself, fantastic to see that we didn't wait too long for artists to show up! That's fantastic stuff Royd!
Not sure if you had to do with that, but seriously, hats off! In the past, we'd have to wait another couple of hours after entering the doors for the artists to show up as well…but i believe we waited no longer than 30 minutes this time, which was great! Looks like Supanova has really picked up their game! I for one, am going to say Supanova Expo…awesomeness.
Peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 07:12 PM   #237
lordrycon

Day 2... Here we go!
Old 04-13-2014, 08:03 PM   #238
lordrycon

Thank you all for a fantastic weekend. All the guests were wonderful and it was great to catch up and put some faces to names on here.

Royd, Rod, Song, Alex, Ken and Terrence... It was a pleasure to see you all. Post all that lovely artwork you all scored!
Old 04-13-2014, 10:11 PM   #239
jollyskeleton
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Thank you all for a fantastic weekend. All the guests were wonderful and it was great to catch up and put some faces to names on here.

Royd, Rod, Song, Alex, Ken and Terrence... It was a pleasure to see you all. Post all that lovely artwork you all scored!
It was a pleasure to meet you too Ryan!
No art from me though... just funny encounters, photos and autographs!
jollyskeleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 05:30 AM   #240
Royd
Producer
Producer

Good to see you Terence! Along with Alex, Rodders, Nik, Ken, Jason et al

Very pleased indeed to hear that you had a great experience and enjoyed the show! I believe it was the biggest Supanova Melbourne to date with very respectable numbers (numbers yet to be crunched)!

Re comics creators starting at their tables, the reason a few were even 30 minutes late was because of a traffic hold-up which delayed the guest bus arrival on-site.

Not sure about those 2 hour (?) waits but then I've only been attending/working all the Supanovas for 2 years now and I don't know what may have occurred before I joined (although I've been attending Supanova Perth as a fan since it started around 7 years ago and there were no significant delays).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peasant View Post
Guys, just wanted to say, what a good day to catch up with everyone at Supanova! Really had a good time finally getting to meet people on this forum! Putting faces to the name! I'm sure over the next few days lots of artwork will be posted.

I have to say, for the con itself, fantastic to see that we didn't wait too long for artists to show up! That's fantastic stuff Royd!
Not sure if you had to do with that, but seriously, hats off! In the past, we'd have to wait another couple of hours after entering the doors for the artists to show up as well…but i believe we waited no longer than 30 minutes this time, which was great! Looks like Supanova has really picked up their game! I for one, am going to say Supanova Expo…awesomeness.
Royd is offline   Reply With Quote