Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 03-15-2015, 07:59 PM   #61
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

apparently there won't be any cross region network play, so basically you can only play against people from the same region as you. Not the best descision imo
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 08:30 PM   #62
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasong888 View Post
i want to get the game, but at the same time i'm not too happy about the DLC that you buy as it's released. i may just wait a year from the game's release until they release an ultimate edition with all the DLC content like they did with Injustice.
I've heard quite a few people complain about this, I'm just not sure why. This is the case with like 95% of games these days. Not sure why anyone would expect this game to differ from what has become (unfortunately) an industry standard.
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 08:32 PM   #63
biglebowski9999

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
apparently there won't be any cross region network play, so basically you can only play against people from the same region as you. Not the best descision imo
I'm fine with it but then again I live in the U.S.. If I didn't, I would be slightly disappointed, as well.
Old 03-15-2015, 08:47 PM   #64
jasong888
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglebowski9999 View Post
I've heard quite a few people complain about this, I'm just not sure why. This is the case with like 95% of games these days. Not sure why anyone would expect this game to differ from what has become (unfortunately) an industry standard.
i understand that video game companies want to milk it as much as they can. i guess i'm too ol' school of a gamer that if i buy a game, i buy the whole game. if you release extra content/DLC, then it's purpose is to thank/award, rather than charge, those devoted fans for continuously playing their game.
jasong888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 09:53 PM   #65
s_paulik87
Green Lantern Corps

Dlc and micro transaction games are here to stay unfortunately.
s_paulik87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 09:45 AM   #66
biglebowski9999

Saw a clip of Ermac's 2nd fatality. OUCH
Old 03-16-2015, 12:15 PM   #67
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
And this mentality is exactly what the industry has been striving towards for the past several years. That it becomes so common that the majority of the consumer base simply says " Meh, everyone is doing it. I might as well just go with it."

Personally, I don't see a need to rush and pre-order games anymore. Like jasong mentioned, they will eventually release (it won't take long either) a version of the game that will include all the DLC for a bargain. I've got plenty of other games I can catch up on in the meantime. I won't be nickle and dimed anymore.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 01:58 PM   #68
biglebowski9999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
And this mentality is exactly what the industry has been striving towards for the past several years. That it becomes so common that the majority of the consumer base simply says " Meh, everyone is doing it. I might as well just go with it."

Personally, I don't see a need to rush and pre-order games anymore. Like jasong mentioned, they will eventually release (it won't take long either) a version of the game that will include all the DLC for a bargain. I've got plenty of other games I can catch up on in the meantime. I won't be nickle and dimed anymore.
That's a choice everyone has to make for themselves. It bothered me for a long time, but so do a lot of things. Gasoline is over-priced, cell phones/cable/internet are some of the biggest ripoffs going. Not much is going to change these things, either.

I'm not going to wait a year for the GOTY complete edition to come out for my favorite franchise. Others, sure...but not a MK game. I personally never wait on games I want to play. Best Buy's Gamers Club Unlocked program is phenomenal...I get new releases for $48 and many come with an additional $10 gift card. I played Dying Light for a month until I was tired of it and sold it for $50 to come out money ahead (I'm not even counting the unwanted preorder DLC that I sold for $20). There are ways to play games when you want and do it rather cheaply, if you're willing to put the effort in.
Old 03-16-2015, 02:37 PM   #69
Drahmin
Kindly Asked To Leave

I miss the good old days where we could play the game and unlock stuff for free.....sigh
Drahmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 04:36 PM   #70
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
That's a choice everyone has to make for themselves. It bothered me for a long time, but so do a lot of things. Gasoline is over-priced, cell phones/cable/internet are some of the biggest ripoffs going. Not much is going to change these things, either.
The big difference there is necessity. We need gas to commute. If you need cable and Internet you have very few options and all those companies are on the same page. Do we "need" games? Do we "need" to play them at launch? The simple truth is that game companies, much like Sideshow, only have as much power as the weak-willed nature of the collector/hobbyist allows them to have.

Quote:
I'm not going to wait a year for the GOTY complete edition to come out for my favorite franchise. Others, sure...but not a MK game. I personally never wait on games I want to play. Best Buy's Gamers Club Unlocked program is phenomenal...I get new releases for $48 and many come with an additional $10 gift card. I played Dying Light for a month until I was tired of it and sold it for $50 to come out money ahead (I'm not even counting the unwanted preorder DLC that I sold for $20). There are ways to play games when you want and do it rather cheaply, if you're willing to put the effort in.
I'll have to look into that program. Seems interesting.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote