Did Paul leave the company?
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 03:26 PM   #122
Blue Sphinx
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader View Post
Did Paul leave the company?
Yeah he left last summer. It was pretty quiet too - I didn't even hear about it until a couple months afterwards. If his post is to be believed, it's because he had a lawsuit going on (presumably with one of the other founders of CC).
Blue Sphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 03:28 PM   #123
BrineBlank
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefka2200 View Post
Well this is terrible...I have 2k in products on order...paid in full. Soooo...there’s that
My wife has ordered it all through SS...she has one more order she placed and paid for a year ago and is going through SS to see what info they have. I'm not sure how SS handles their stock but I'm guessing that since she hasn't received the actual merchandise it hadn't been release to SS yet.

Derek Coss posted on the CC FB page a lengthy post that the issue may revolve around an unpaid franchise tax issue with the state that would have to be resolved for them to continue normal operations...but can't state with 100% confidence that takes care of the entire issue.

He further states it appears the Ebay side of things is listed as separate entity which would account for them not to have been forced to immediately stopped selling their merchandise...if true they may have pulled all of that to avoid even more public relation issues or trying to take away 'static' that would cost more money on the legal front to prove as a completely separate venture.

Even if the company goes into bankruptcy I think that if they have the merchandise that was paid for it would have to be released at some point. Any liquidation would not involve the ability to 'resell' merchandise that was already paid for by customers as that would constitute fraud. At that point you are beyond bankruptcy but looking at jail time. Even though I'm in a different state I'm going to run some questions through our accountant and see what his take is...I wouldn't imagine it would be too different with regard to the basic legalities.
BrineBlank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 03:55 PM   #124
ambulanceartist
Fantastic Four

Pretty sure everything that was being sold on eBay was released long ago and either items that were no longer moving, QC issue items or customer returns, as most were being sold with “minor cosmetic blemishes”. figured they were trying to recoup money to pay back refunds. I purchased a few items couple weeks ago and received them all quickly. Only item I ever preordered directly from them was the NV Goggles, which I canceled and got refunded for last year in August.
ambulanceartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 04:18 PM   #125
BrineBlank
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambulanceartist View Post
Pretty sure everything that was being sold on eBay was released long ago and either items that were no longer moving, QC issue items or customer returns, as most were being sold with “minor cosmetic blemishes”. figured they were trying to recoup money to pay back refunds. I purchased a few items couple weeks ago and received them all quickly. Only item I ever preordered directly from them was the NV Goggles, which I canceled and got refunded for last year in August.
I actually figured the 1:1 baby blue, even with minor cosmetic blemishes, would have been a bit of a steal. I figured it would have had a much better paint job since it was apparently from their 'vendor booth' setup if I read correctly. I got the pachy several months ago and, per the usual, the factory paint lacked a lot of nuance. I'm about to the point now that I've been ordering from established individuals and buying their items and letting them do the builds. My wife discovered SS after I had abandoned them for QC issues...and since she was excited she was able to get me dinosaur stuff I just went with it. I mean you can't really say"when you're going to surprise me with b-day gifts then go to Joe and order this and that" and not come off as a bit ungrateful.
BrineBlank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 05:01 PM   #126
Thorondor_33
Blue Falcon

For what it's worth I reached out to Partil.ly asking if the orders are not fulfilled if we'll get out money back. I received this response:

Quote:
Hello -------,

Yes, Partial.ly will make sure you either receive your order or a refund. We have contacted the merchant and required they provide you an update on your plan's status by Friday. If you are not updated by Friday, please let us know.

Partial.ly Support
support@partial.ly
So hopefully if this is worst case scenario and Chronicle is done, those of us who paid through Partial.ly will be refunded.
Thorondor_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 05:11 PM   #127
Kefka2200
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I contacted Paul Francis directly and he had something very different to say. I don’t know what to believe anymore. I just hope everyone get some relief soon.
Kefka2200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 05:11 PM   #128
ArishemTheJudge
Doh!

Here is what it sounds like. For whatever reason they cannot move forward with every project.

So they are analyzing which projects to continue and which projects to cancel.

I don't think it is nefarious, but would be nice if they were more communicative, but doing the ostrich seems to be par for the course with these companies.
ArishemTheJudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 05:18 PM   #129
Blue Sphinx
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefka2200 View Post
I contacted Paul Francis directly and he had something very different to say. I don’t know what to believe anymore. I just hope everyone get some relief soon.
Interesting, what did he say?
Blue Sphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 05:21 PM   #130
Vader
Ghost

So Chronicle will continue to operate?
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote