Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 03-26-2021, 03:15 PM   #41
nyc1962
Frackin!

Def planning on picking this one up once it goes up for sale on the Spec Fiction site
nyc1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 03:19 PM   #42
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
I hope you are right but with WandaVision ending and no season 2 on the horizon, it seems if they WERE going to do one, they would have at least announced it while the iron was hot.
You have a point there but it seems like Marvel has given Iron Studios and Queen Studios the license to do anything from the Infinity Saga so theoretically they could make a 1/4 Civil War or Age of Ultron Vision.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 04:05 AM   #43
Shoo
Hercules

Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 06:39 AM   #44
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

From Facebook:

VISION LIFE-SIZE BUST BY QUEEN STUDIOS
Pre-order Starts March 29 -8:00pm (GMT+8)
R.S.V.P Now For Exclusive Pre-Order Information http://bit.ly/visionrsvp
----------------------------------------------------
ABOUT THE CHARACTER
Vision is an android with superhuman abilities and a flawless computer brain. His body was created by Ultron, in Doctor Helen Cho’s Regeneration Cradle in Avengers: Age of Ultron. But it was Tony Stark and Bruce Banner that gave him life. An amalgamation of Stark’s AI, J.A.R.V.I.S, Wakandan Vibranium and the Mind Stone. Each part acts as a cog to the machine that is Vision. The AI his personality, the Vibranium his body, and the Mind Stone the lifeblood that powers him.
ABOUT THE BUST
Recreating Vision in the form of a 1/1 bust wasn’t easy, after all, he isn’t human. Our team have worked extremely hard to capture his unique features. From the cog-like eyes facing forward, ready to take on Thanos’ Outriders. To his cold, calculating emotionless facial expression which captures his on-screen persona.
BODY AND BASE
To make the 1/1 Vision Bust so life-like, our design team have accounted for every minute detail. Through trial and error, they have formulated a movie accurate crimson finish with straight lined detailing to make it look like he was created not by man, but by machine. Though this is time-consuming, it is worth every second. The crimson body panels create a contrast against Vision’s teal suit with dulled silver edges. While the base is black with golden accents and has been kept minimal to represent the simple yet logical nature of the character.
UPDATES
Many of you offered your feedback in 2020 regarding what you would like to see featured on the bust. In response to your thoughts, we made some major changes. The first big change is a light feature within the Mind Stone. It has added a much-needed aesthetic to the bust. The other important change is the addition of a cape. More specifically, the one Vision fashioned out of thin air after his birth during Age of Ultron.
As always, we'd love to know your thoughts and please stay safe, thanks for your support!
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 12:52 PM   #45
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Recreating Vision in the form of a 1/1 bust wasn’t easy...our design team have accounted for every minute detail....Though this is time-consuming, it is worth every second....In response to your thoughts, we made some major changes. The first big change is a light feature within the Mind Stone. It has added a much-needed aesthetic to the bust. The other important change is the addition of a cape
Translation: Though this isn't made of silicone and punched hair, we're gonna price it like it was.

Looks freaking awesome though.
I won't be able to afford it in space or cash after my last pre-orders come in at the end of the year, but after WandaVision he's now become one of my absolute favorite MCU characters. One I'll miss a lot, and who's more than worthy of "blowing up my bust budget" on.

If He was going to be priced $500 or so over those last couple Iron Mans, I probably wouldn't have been able to resist.

After that press release, I'm thinking he'll be more in the mid to high 2Ks now.

A shame, as this looks like it would be one bust that will not only impress with it's likeness, but be so much easier to maintain than most of the others.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 01:07 PM   #46
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post

After that press release, I'm thinking he'll be more in the mid to high 2Ks now.
I’m guessing $1000-$1500.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 01:45 PM   #47
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
That would be an...irresistible price point for me.
Even though I still can't afford it in space/storage.

Honestly, pre-press release I thought it would come in $1500-$2K.
That's more than the Iron Man busts, but at least 1/3 less than the silicone/hair busts.

There's still a likeness involved (which may or may not necessitate a % to the actor), as well as needing more intricate paint apps (or rather labor intensive masking prior to the paint apps).

Given how well WV went over, as well as how under-represented the character is in product, I think we're gonna see an added popularity/desirability tax tacked on.

No US license either, so even if it does come in at a reasonable price point, the shipping cost is going to be a hefty surcharge.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 01:46 PM   #48
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Yeah that's my guess also (at least it's my hopeful guess!) They priced the mk85 and rescue too high imo and that shows with them not selling out yet especially rescue which with only 299 being made could have been a quick sell out if priced right.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 02:28 PM   #49
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
That’s my hope as well.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 08:49 PM   #50
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

The light up feature is going to push this price up.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote