Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics > The Mighty Reviews

Old 05-12-2005, 01:26 PM   #11
bat_collector
Galactus

Everyone knows I love batman, but he had that coming. But, I think that is the way it shoudl be handled. Batman should mistrust everyone, and GL should be opposed to that. A touchy-feely reuinion would have been just wrong.
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 03:12 PM   #12
Jesse321
Galactus

He TOTALLY had it coming .. and I agree with you, that's exactly the way it should have been handled.

But when everyone finds out that he's the one that created the technology that's being used in OMAC to spy on everyone in creation, all hell is gonna break loose and I think that Batman is gonna find out first hand what it feels like to be ostrasized!
Jesse321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 03:19 PM   #13
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

He felt this already after the JLA Tower of Babel arc. This is not the same thing, though. I'm betting most of the League knows about Bats' satellite and his other tech, and his paranoia would cause him to put in safeguards, so they won't fault him for it's being pirated. The Tower of Babel thing was R'as Al Ghul's stealing his action plans to take down the individual JLA members if he ever needed to do so. Far more subversive.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 03:40 PM   #14
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

Umm, no one here has read Maus besides me and wk? It was on my reading list for one of my college lit. courses back in the day. It was a big deal back in 93, no comic/OGN had ever won a pulitzer prize before.
Sam Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 03:51 PM   #15
Cage
Statueforum Consiglieri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Wilson
As your newly gained pic posting ability has become required viewing for me!

By the by, Cage, if you ever want any of the tpb's we review and can't find them, let me know, and I can help you out.
Thank you, Bro.
Cage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 04:09 PM   #16
Jack8022
Daredevil

This week's FF was pretty good. The fill-in team delivered a good story with nice artwork. I'm looking forward to seeing what JWS does with the team but I'm glad to see I'm not the only apprehensive one after the latest Gwen storyline.

GL Rebirth was definitely the pick of the week. I never remembered there being tension between Batman and GL but was glad to see someone tell Batman where to go.
Jack8022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 04:14 PM   #17
Babytoxie
Ghost

Quote:
The Mutant Massacre review was our first request, taken from Babytoxie. Toxie, I'll be getting aroud to Fall of the Mutants either this week or next. Both fantastic storylines.
Thanks Sam! I picked them both up today! Flipping through MM, I see that I did have a few of the X-Factor issues way back when, but I didn't read them in the context of the entire storyline. Same for FOTM.

Much appreciated!
Babytoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 04:23 PM   #18
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babytoxie
Thanks Sam! I picked them both up today! Flipping through MM, I see that I did have a few of the X-Factor issues way back when, but I didn't read them in the context of the entire storyline. Same for FOTM.

Much appreciated!
No prob Toxie, but that Power Pack issue of the crossover sucks. Power Pack sucked in general. Power Pack sounds like a theme party at Michael Jackson's house.
Sam Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 09:07 PM   #19
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Ugh...now there's an image I didn't need to imagine....
Old 05-12-2005, 09:13 PM   #20
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Umm, no one here has read Maus besides me and wk? It was on my reading list for one of my college lit. courses back in the day. It was a big deal back in 93, no comic/OGN had ever won a pulitzer prize before.
Just to ask this question again, has anyone else out there read Maus? Or thoughts/reactions to it? This was a groundbreaking and critically important series, even before it was compiled in a book, as Sam referenced.