Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tsume / Attakus

Old 03-13-2014, 01:35 AM   #451
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Netflix streaming kinda sucks. Takes forever for the HD to kick in and even then it just looks okay. Nowhere near the quality we're used to with BD which is one of the reasons I only use the service when there's no other option. Luckily I don't pay for it and mooch of my sister's account as my Netflix acct. is disc only. She benefits from my Amazon Prime membership though so it balances out somewhat.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 01:44 AM   #452
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

See, now why didn't I think of doing that. I should have "borrowed" my sister's Netflix streaming, since she benefits from my Prime as well. I just upgraded my service for the month, but I'll cancel the streaming as soon as I finish watching CW.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 11:18 AM   #453
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I'm surprised you didn't think of that Tony. I'll be by to collect your frugal buyers card later in the day.

Btw Prime is going up to $99 this year.
Old 03-13-2014, 11:57 AM   #454
Marvelito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I'm surprised you didn't think of that Tony. I'll be by to collect your frugal buyers card later in the day.

Btw Prime is going up to $99 this year.
I know, I guess I'm slipping.

I just got the Prime notice. I am not really bothered by the increase. I've been with Prime almost from the get go and let me tell you, I've MORE than gotten my money's worth. They probably want me to cancel.

I'm very close to signing up for Fresh, but I will probably try it first. It seems like a lot of money, but the way I use it it's really a steal. And if I am now able to grocery shop, and get same day delivery on many other things, I will most likely be signing up soon.
Old 03-16-2014, 12:00 AM   #455
John828
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
Has anyone in the states picked up the two most recent clones?
No I haven't. I've been looking and like you said other than BBTS nothing else has it yet. I've been looking at MWC (thanks to you and Scott for telling me about them during the last Elite Clone releases) and Razors Edge and have not yet seen anything about them. I really want these two clones but am not willing to pay full price....yet. I may drive over to Razors Edge and ask Michael if he knows anything about them.
John828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 12:02 AM   #456
Marvelito

Yeah, it's either a smaller ES on these last two or maybe smaller orders do to lack of interest, but they are pretty scarce.
Old 04-20-2014, 10:42 AM   #457
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

1) i don't care what anyone says, attakus still makes some of the BEST non-human 1/5 statues on the market. Their details especially done fully sculpted is a true work of art, and the paint app is flawless.

2) They have some of the star war characters noone else has - standalone yoda, crumb, royal guard, tie pilot, jawa, ewok etc..all done perfectly and must haves for any sw collectors

3) That said, attakus marketing is absolutely crap, it's as if the company is trying NOT to sell their products. There is never any news updates, website is crap, and noone knows what's going on.

Very sad story, but i am happy with all the star war pieces i have, they also goes especially well with the mythos line.
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 10:45 AM   #458
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
1) i don't care what anyone says, attakus still makes some of the BEST non-human 1/5 statues on the market. Their details especially done fully sculpted is a true work of art, and the paint app is flawless.

2) They have some of the star war characters noone else has - standalone yoda, crumb, royal guard, tie pilot, jawa, ewok etc..all done perfectly and must haves for any sw collectors

3) That said, attakus marketing is absolutely crap, it's as if the company is trying NOT to sell their products. There is never any news updates, website is crap, and noone knows what's going on.

Very sad story, but i am happy with all the star war pieces i have, they also goes especially well with the mythos line.
QFT.

I would say Attakus and Gentle Giant are the two leaders in the non-human Star Wars sculpts. Attakus is better at the human sculpts than GG IMO.
Old 04-20-2014, 01:39 PM   #459
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post

QFT x 2

No company can even touch Attakus when it comes to full size Star Wars statues. As an owner of 33 of them I don't ever see another company rivaling them in terms of character diversity.

I also own 3 pieces from Sideshow's Mythos line and they do indeed pair up brilliantly with their 1:5 scale Attakus counterparts. Hopefully we see that line (or something similar in that scale) continue because I've enjoyed expanding my collection for the first time in years.

As far as the human sculpts go they're hit and miss. Unfortunately more miss than hit. I only own 4 of the human sculpts myself. Luke Jedi, Han Solo, Slave Leia and Padme Amidala. None of the likenesses are perfect but they're not terrible either. It's quite obvious who they are. I don't agree that Attakus human sculpts, in terms of likeness, are better than GG's though. Not even close.

It is unfortunate Attakus has more or less dropped off the map. I remember the days where they used to have a presence on these boards with reps that answered questions and even provided replacement parts for some of the members here including myself.
Old 04-20-2014, 03:13 PM   #460
Josh2K4
Nightwing

attakus: awesome statues, worthless company.

however, as the last three elite pieces sold out quit fast I still have hope they will continue this line
Josh2K4 is offline   Reply With Quote