Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-04-2018, 05:55 PM   #2161
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie21 View Post
Just realized. How is it that this was not nominated in 2016 or 2017 as a finalist for Statue of the year?? Im relatively new, so I don't know the exact release date... but if Batman vs Bane is here, Wolverine vs Hulk definitely should be on one of these!!!
I personally don't care who wins that contest but it does bring up some statues for me to re-evaluate or look at something I may have missed. I definitely did not miss the Wolvie v Hulk.
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 12:17 AM   #2162
Bernie21
Sailor Moon

I dunno, I'm glad I didn't miss it. And though the award or nomination doesn't change anything, I really think people they missed the boat. The teeth thing was overblown so that can't be it either. It's a great piece and top for its category for me. Cheers
Bernie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 08:35 AM   #2163
Korath24
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

To those that own this piece, how small is it compared to true 1/4 scale pieces? I wanna pick this one up but the one thing stopping me is that it's not 1/4. I may just get it and give him his own corner or something so that he's away from my other statues.
Korath24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 09:07 AM   #2164
tonytiger
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korath24 View Post
To those that own this piece, how small is it compared to true 1/4 scale pieces? I wanna pick this one up but the one thing stopping me is that it's not 1/4. I may just get it and give him his own corner or something so that he's away from my other statues.
The hulk and the base is bigger them some of my 1/4 scale statues like my mark 6 ,carnage ect..wolfie is closer to 1/6 scale..Really is how you display it with some other statues.I have it by itself with the print.
tonytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 09:42 AM   #2165
FJC
Midnighter

I have this MAQ and it's EXACTLY as advertised. It's 1/5 scale. I have to disagree with tonytiger, Wolverine doesn't look like a 1/6 scale piece to me. If you put Wolvie next to almost any 1/6 scale statue, he dwarfs it. People also need to remember that Logan is only 5' 3" in comics. In 1/5 scale, Wolvie clocks in at 12.6" and he's every bit of that in this MAQ. His scale is spot on. HULK is the same size as the HULK COM. He's big but not 1/4 scale. This piece won't mix well with most other PFs. I have it displayed in a corner as a stand alone piece.

Saying all this, I'm a HUGE Wolverine and HULK fan. I had to have this MAQ. It's so damn magnificent looking that I had to own it even though it's not in my preferred 1/4 scale.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 10:52 AM   #2166
tonytiger
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
I have this MAQ and it's EXACTLY as advertised. It's 1/5 scale. I have to disagree with tonytiger, Wolverine doesn't look like a 1/6 scale piece to me. If you put Wolvie next to almost any 1/6 scale statue, he dwarfs it. People also need to remember that Logan is only 5' 3" in comics. In 1/5 scale, Wolvie clocks in at 12.6" and he's every bit of that in this MAQ. His scale is spot on. HULK is the same size as the HULK COM. He's big but not 1/4 scale. This piece won't mix well with most other PFs. I have it displayed in a corner as a stand alone piece.

Saying all this, I'm a HUGE Wolverine and HULK fan. I had to have this MAQ. It's so damn magnificent looking that I had to own it even though it's not in my preferred 1/4 scale.
I have to agree and kind of disagree too.Even though he is 1/5 scale wolfie feels closer to 1/6 scale. Also the hulk is bigger then some my 1/4 scale statues in size alone not scale is what i said..He goes well with other dios and I agree he's best alone.
tonytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 11:28 AM   #2167
adee
Green Arrow

I think Wolverine is awesome, one of my favorite sculpted Wolverines yet in any scale. Hulk I wasn't as crazy about but I still think it's an awesome piece.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 12:26 PM   #2168
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytiger View Post
I have to agree and kind of disagree too.Even though he is 1/5 scale wolfie feels closer to 1/6 scale. Also the hulk is bigger then some my 1/4 scale statues in size alone not scale is what i said..He goes well with other dios and I agree he's best alone.
I'm strictly referring to scale. As I said, at 1/5 scale, Wolverine would be 12.6 inches tall. He's easily that in this MAQ. When I look at him next to my Koto pieces (which are 1/6 scale) he's definitely bigger than them. He may "feel" 1/6 scale to you (I get that), but strictly speaking, he's every bit 1/5 scale.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 01:25 PM   #2169
jac1066
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korath24 View Post
It's smaller than quarter scale but doesn't look out of place when displayed with quarter scale IMO. One of my favorite pieces I own.

EDIT: Hulk and Wolverine figures are about 1:5th scale by themselves, smaller than 1:4 scale. At 23" high the Hulk vs Wolverine Maquette is as big as you would expect from a 1:4 scale statue so it fits in nicely with a quarter scale collection IMO.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1166_1.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	194.7 KB
ID:	112614  
jac1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 01:40 PM   #2170
SONICobra
Batman

if you compare a smaller to larger scale, the smaller of the two will always appear smaller than it actually is. compare a 1/3 scale to 1/2 scale and it looks smaller than it should be, just an optical illusion
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote