Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > Statue Reviews

Old 10-11-2017, 11:24 AM   #1
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

STGCC 2017 Wrap Up

Hey everyone,

As you may already know, myself and risingstar were very lucky to have visited lovely Singapore for the annual Singapore Toy, Game, and Comic Convention (STGCC), which took place on the weekend of September 9th and 10th.

We had an absolute blast on the trip, meeting many of the locals, indulging on local cuisine, sight seeing across the beautiful city of Singapore, and of course, getting up close and personal with the amazing statue displays from XM Studios and Hand Made Object (HMO).

Here is a recap of this wonderful event (click the links to watch the videos):
  • Video: Bmutha's Top 5 XM Studios Statues from STGCC

A summary of my personal top 5 most anticipated pieces from the XM Studios booth.

• Video: HMO Booth Tour with Dani Hinze

We walk through each piece on display at the HMO booth with one of HMO's creative collaborators, Dani Hinze.

• Video: XM Studios Star Wars Statues

An overview of some upcoming statues from the Star Wars universe: Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker, and Darth Maul.

• Video: XM Studios Spider-Verse statues

One of XM's most exciting lines, at least for me, is featured here as we take a look at Black Cat (even though I repeatedly call her Catwoman...I blame the J Pop rehearsals in the background for messing with my head), Spider Gwen, Carnage, Scorpion, and Spider-Man!

• Video: Transformers, Top Cow, and Jade Comics

XM is working on more than just Marvel related pieces...here is a walkthrough of their Top Cow, Transformers, and Jade Comics statues.

• Video: XM Studios Asgardians and Winter Soldier

Thor Ragnarok is right around the corner, so now is a good time to have a look at a few Asgard related statues: Beta Ray Bill, Lady Sif, and Jane Foster Thor. Also, the Winter Soldier was on display!

• Video: XM Studios Samurai Batman Line

Wow, these are some of the most unique takes on each character that we have ever seen. Batman came out last year, and now XM is following up with some of the most stunning females they have ever produced in Catwoman and Poison Ivy. We also take a look at the unpainted yakuza Joker prototype.

• Video: XM Studios X-Men vs Sentinel and Storm

After a licensor mandated hiatus, X-Men related pieces will be back with a vengeance. The massive 1/6 scale X-Men vs Sentinel diorama is featured here. Beast, Bishop, Archangel, Jubilee, Psylocke, and Colossus try to take down a massive mutant hunting Sentinel in this unbelievable diorama.

Also, the extremely powerful and beautiful Storm was on display fully painted for the first time.

• Video: XM Studios Avengers Assemble and One Quarter Scale Busts

Ben and Seng from XM talked a lot to us about how they got their start, and one of their passions was the Bowen mini busts. They wanted to revive the bust line, but also take it to a whole new level...and believe me, they are doing it!! Have a look at the 1/4 scale busts on display in this video.

We also have a chance to see the complete 1/6 scale Avengers Assemble line, co-produced with HMO. This line is based on the animated series of the same name. Have a look at that amazing Falcon!

• Video: XM Studios Classic Iron Man and Hulkbuster

The recently released Classic Iron Man is on display in this video. We also take a look at one of the showstoppers, the Hulkbuster! This piece is so massive, it must be seen to be believed!
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 11:24 AM   #2
Bmutha

Of course, we took TONS of photos of the statues on display during our time at STGCC. Below is a selection of photos, as well as links to the Imgur galleries, where you can see better quality photos (click the orange titles to go to the Imgur galleries).
Old 10-11-2017, 11:24 AM   #3
Bmutha

Click the orange titles to go to the Imgur galleries.
Old 10-11-2017, 12:12 PM   #4
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Thanks for doing this Bmutha!
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 12:18 PM   #5
Bmutha

Click the orange titles to go to the Imgur galleries.
Old 10-11-2017, 02:34 PM   #6
risingstar
Jedi Order

Awesome wrap up of an absolutely fabulous trip. It was great meeting up with you and many of the other collectors, artists, and producers in Singapore. Perhaps (hopefully!) we'll do it again soon!
risingstar is online now   Reply With Quote