Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 12-28-2020, 02:34 PM   #851
Blade3327
Nightwing

Still a ways out, could get delayed again, and I'm betting it's the most popular of their Predator statues so they're not in a rush to pressure fence sitters with an ES yet.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 02:41 PM   #852
JAWS
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exorcist View Post
Unassembled, yes probably
JAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 11:29 AM   #853
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
Still a ways out, could get delayed again, and I'm betting it's the most popular of their Predator statues so they're not in a rush to pressure fence sitters with an ES yet.
Yea, there's definitely going to be a lot of eyeballs on this guy when he starts shipping, to seal the deal if it's the definitive best JH statue to date. The other ones they've made are more obscure & didn't get the proper time & love, but I bet they know the pressures on with this guy, so they have to nail it!

I think it will ship this year, but late 4th quarter and I'm personally good with that. (Patience is a Virtue)
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 11:53 AM   #854
komodo112

Message Deleted
komodo112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 02:22 PM   #855
Exorcist
Hydra

Question

I am really curious to see if this Predator from Prime1Studio can defeat the almighty Cinemaquette 1/3 Predator.
Exorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 03:52 PM   #856
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exorcist View Post
I also pre-ordered this fantastic statue. But I am a little bit stuck at the moment.

I currently own the Cinemaquette 1/3 Predator, I absolutely love it but I only have room for 1 Predator in my collection. My collection consists mainly of 1/3 scale Prime1Studio statue's. I absolutely love this new Jungle Predator from Prime1Studio, and I am almost sure it will have more detail then the Cinemaquette Predator.

The biggest problem I have is with the scale, I am scarred that the Prime1Studio 1/4 Jungle Predator will be dwarfed when it is standing next to my other 1/3 scale statue's.....

Any advice or ideas are very very welcome!
First I’ll address scale. I don’t think this will be dwarfed by 1/3 scale statues. He seems to be larger than 1/4 scale, appears 1/3.5 scale in that range. He’ll be smaller but he won’t horribly undersized.

Onto the Prime 1 vs CM question. As of right now even with all of the display options this piece isn’t as special as the CM. The CM has PERFECT proportions and a classic, straight forward museum pose, which sadly these days is an anomaly. The CM’s pose is completely unobstructed perfectly showing off the Predator in his true 1/3
Scale glory. I think the detail on the head sculpt is a little dated but still aside from the Sideshow EX Maquette, I wouldn’t trade it for any other Predator statue.

The detail, finishing and display options on this piece are off the charts. The head and bio sculpts looks great but I really am not a fan of the one-leg-up crouching pose that conceals a good portion of the body. For me, this is the major detractor of this piece and the Prime reason (get it?) why I didn’t order. I can compare this to the first Batman Hush piece. Amazing sculpt and all that but the crouching pose just didn’t WOW me. Now the Batcave Version standing straight upward is just what the doctor ordered. For the most part I just like simple poses. Sadly there aren’t many statues these days like the CM Predator in a neutral museum-style pose.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 04:54 PM   #857
VILE GUILE

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
First I’ll address scale. I don’t think this will be dwarfed by 1/3 scale statues. He seems to be larger than 1/4 scale, appears 1/3.5 scale in that range. He’ll be smaller but he won’t horribly undersized.

Onto the Prime 1 vs CM question. As of right now even with all of the display options this piece isn’t as special as the CM. The CM has PERFECT proportions and a classic, straight forward museum pose, which sadly these days is an anomaly. The CM’s pose is completely unobstructed perfectly showing off the Predator in his true 1/3
Scale glory. I think the detail on the head sculpt is a little dated but still aside from the Sideshow EX Maquette, I wouldn’t trade it for any other Predator statue.

The detail, finishing and display options on this piece are off the charts. The head and bio sculpts looks great but I really am not a fan of the one-leg-up crouching pose that conceals a good portion of the body. For me, this is the major detractor of this piece and the Prime reason (get it?) why I didn’t order. I can compare this to the first Batman Hush piece. Amazing sculpt and all that but the crouching pose just didn’t WOW me. Now the Batcave Version standing straight upward is just what the doctor ordered. For the most part I just like simple poses. Sadly there aren’t many statues these days like the CM Predator in a neutral museum-style pose.
In all fairness, the Prime 1 Jungle Hunter statue had to be in this pose or it wouldn't exist. Would you rather have it not be made at all over the crouching pose you don't like?
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 06:35 PM   #858
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
Yea, there's definitely going to be a lot of eyeballs on this guy when he starts shipping, to seal the deal if it's the definitive best JH statue to date. The other ones they've made are more obscure & didn't get the proper time & love, but I bet they know the pressures on with this guy, so they have to nail it!
100%
This are my thoughts also.

Quote:
In all fairness, the Prime 1 Jungle Hunter statue had to be in this pose or it wouldn't exist. Would you rather have it not be made at all over the crouching pose you don't like?
I like this pose/composition a lot.
Makes him more menacing, with focus on his big arms/hands and head.

Don't have the CM, nice it is 1/3. But i never really liked his face when looking straight at it (hres pics).
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 06:43 PM   #859
Halcyon
Loki

Really..really hope this Prime1 will arrive at all our doorsteps looking like the proto.
For me, Ultimate centerpiece.

Maybe one of the companies can make a new dutch 1/4 when he is laying down in front of a (mud&rocks) ridge and overhanging tree branch with the pointy sticks trap.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 08:23 PM   #860
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
I haven’t been following this thread. Did it have to be in this pose due to the “Big Game“ comic it’s also representing? If yes that’s interesting. Absolutely I’m happy to see it was made, 100%. It’s a beautiful piece, no two ways about it.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote