Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 02-13-2021, 03:18 PM   #931
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

So there's 350 ES on the Hunter's Victim hanging from the tree. I didn't order one, even with the $200 discount off. I think if the JH statue comes out nicely & right, I may pick one up to pair it with him.

I'm thinking there's going to be plenty of time to snag one even at 350 ES? I think it's honestly too overpriced & it may get discounted over time & then it'll be on the radar. If you want one someday, I'd recommend waiting for the price to drop. I'm betting they only sold around 100-125 or so? I just wonder if the $200 discount will still count if they reduce the price in the future?
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 03:37 PM   #932
dao2
Cyclops

Even with the 200 off it was kinda overpriced, without it jesus.....
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 04:29 PM   #933
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
So there's 350 ES on the Hunter's Victim hanging from the tree. I didn't order one, even with the $200 discount off...
Forgot this one, I will add him to the ES list.

Would want to see production pics of it first, if you order it. I do not like the connection between the hands and the wrist. There is a band (ring) and seam around the wrist. Something like ball joint with 1/6 figures
And yes 600usd is to much.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 04:38 PM   #934
VILE GUILE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post

Would want to see production pics of it first, if you order it. I do not like the connection between the hands and the wrist. They is a band (ring) and seam around the wrist. Something like ball joint with 1/6 figures

I see what you mean about the wrists. My issue with it is how the sculpted rope around his ankles, don't really match the mixed media rope on the tree where it's suppose to connect seamlessly. Not a major eyesore, but something to note.
Old 02-13-2021, 04:46 PM   #935
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
My issue with it is how the sculpted rope around his ankles, don't really match the mixed media rope

Yes have seen that too, but think (hope) they will use better looking rope? Fully sculpted, without mixed media stuff even better. Kind of an invisible hook connection with sculpted ropes on tree.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 05:13 PM   #936
VILE GUILE

Quote:

Yes have seen that too, but think (hope) they will use better looking rope? Fully sculpted, without mixed media stuff even better. Kind of an invisible hook connection with sculpted ropes on tree.
Yea, I agree totally. I'm usually never a fan of any type of mixed media, on any statues in general. Hate to say it but, they won't change that I'm sure unfortunately. When you see the pictures up for order, that's usually what you get with them....
Old 02-14-2021, 04:15 AM   #937
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:

Would want to see production pics of it first, if you order it. I do not like the connection between the hands and the wrist. There is a band (ring) and seam around the wrist. Something like ball joint with 1/6 figures

Prime 1 skinned them? Why did they skin them.......
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 05:20 AM   #938
Python
Omega Red

I've never really been tempted by the victim. It's too expensive for what it is. That said it seems to be a good candidate for one of their future sales. If it is available in future with a sizeable discount, I might consider grabbing one. No real loss if not, I'll consider it space saved for now. But yeah, the wrists have always bothered me, they don't look right at all.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 09:32 AM   #939
VILE GUILE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
I've never really been tempted by the victim. It's too expensive for what it is. That said it seems to be a good candidate for one of their future sales. If it is available in future with a sizeable discount, I might consider grabbing one. No real loss if not, I'll consider it space saved for now. But yeah, the wrists have always bothered me, they don't look right at all.
If you Google Human Atonomy, you'll actually see there is a muscular band around the wrist. I think it's called the Extensor Pollicis Lungis...? I had to look because I was sctratching my head like, what the hell is he wearing sweat bands? Lol...
Old 02-14-2021, 11:16 AM   #940
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
If you Google Human Atonomy, you'll actually see there is a muscular band around the wrist. I think it's called the Extensor Pollicis Lungis...? I had to look because I was sctratching my head like, what the hell is he wearing sweat bands? Lol...

Yeah, I did when I first saw this. There's a very thin band, but nothing like what is sculpted on this. It looks like he's wearing two fleshy sweat bands.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote