Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 01-19-2016, 06:44 PM   #51
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfchang View Post
Cinemaquette's 1/3 scale Predator was 2500 if I remember right and that was almost ten years ago wasn't it?

Any 1:3 scale Predator is going to be minimum 2k and likely a lot, lot, lot more. Remember Optimus Prime was 2200 and Predator paint jobs can be quite a bit more challenging to do . . .
I think you are right about the CM Predator. I was probably too conservative in my estimates. I really don't think a lot of people realize how much a Prime 1 Predator is going to cost if it ever happens and the longer it takes, the more it is going to cost as production costs keep rising year after year. A good estimate is to plan on spending $2K minimum on one if it happens.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 07:07 PM   #52
dfchang
The Riddler

Most people on here have no idea how much a truly high end film accurate Predator paint job costs.

Whether Joe Dunaway (there's that name again! or Scott Marshall or Steve Wang you are talking about a grand for these full size statue or 1:1 bust paint jobs.

This is ART, and art doesn't and shouldn't come free. A plumber gets paid 50 bucks an hour and these guys are spending sometimes 50 hours on one piece.

People are crazy throwing around 300 to 500 dollars. They don't even know what it takes to take a casting, clean it up, prep it, prime it, and then take an airbrush and put over a dozen layers onto it. Let's not even talk about the micro application of effects on the eyes, the mandible, the gumline, the quills, the armor weathering, the weapons, then the netting has to be dealt with.

Jesus Christ . . . LoL. Now you know why Chinese Factors say "F this, we'd rather do 2000 Power Girls!"
dfchang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 07:22 PM   #53
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Most people on here have no idea how much a truly high end film accurate Predator paint job costs.

Whether Joe Dunaway (there's that name again! or Scott Marshall or Steve Wang you are talking about a grand for these full size statue or 1:1 bust paint jobs.

This is ART, and art doesn't and shouldn't come free. A plumber gets paid 50 bucks an hour and these guys are spending sometimes 50 hours on one piece.

People are crazy throwing around 300 to 500 dollars. They don't even know what it takes to take a casting, clean it up, prep it, prime it, and then take an airbrush and put over a dozen layers onto it. Let's not even talk about the micro application of effects on the eyes, the mandible, the gumline, the quills, the armor weathering, the weapons, then the netting has to be dealt with.

Jesus Christ . . . LoL. Now you know why Chinese Factors say "F this, we'd rather do 2000 Power Girls!"
Indeed. After reading your critique of the Sideshow Predator 2 Maquette, you convinced me that my plan of waiting for a Prime 1 Predator piece was not going to bear fruit because I simply cannot commit to a piece in that price range.

I decided over the weekend to order Sideshow's EX Predator 2 Maquette based on that realization and knowing that if any company ever does another 1/4 scale or larger Predator piece it's going to be out of my price range. Sideshow Predator 2 Maquette may not be 100% accurate but it's close enough for me and a great looking Predator piece from what I have gathered from reading the latest reviews. I seriously doubt there will ever be another quality 1/4 scale Predator piece in the $1200 price range in the future.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 03:28 AM   #54
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Please give us an accurate T1 version of the endo in 1/4 or 1/3 scale! It's never been done right.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 03:51 AM   #55
jaxon
The Herculoids

Lets get this thread back on track and relevant to the title. I wish for a T-1 Police shoot out, or tanker truck T-800, and an Endoskeleton mid stride (broken piston and all).
And make it 1/3 too please!
jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 10:58 AM   #56
Silverine
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruson View Post
Please give us an accurate T1 version of the endo in 1/4 or 1/3 scale! It's never been done right.
did CM not do a accurate job on the TX and T-800?
Silverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 12:16 PM   #57
leplant
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverine View Post
I think it looks pretty darn good.
leplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 12:21 PM   #58
David22Lee
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverine View Post
They did, but the CM T-800 was actually based off of a T3 Endo, although it's supposed to be from T2. The T-800 Endo has slight differences from each movie.
David22Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 12:36 PM   #59
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Cinemaquette's 1/3 scale Predator was 2500 if I remember right and that was almost ten years ago wasn't it?

Any 1:3 scale Predator is going to be minimum 2k and likely a lot, lot, lot more. Remember Optimus Prime was 2200 and Predator paint jobs can be quite a bit more challenging to do . . .
Wow! Close enough! About 7 or 8 years I believe. Damn....time flies when you are collecting.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 12:43 PM   #60
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
Indeed. After reading your critique of the Sideshow Predator 2 Maquette, you convinced me that my plan of waiting for a Prime 1 Predator piece was not going to bear fruit because I simply cannot commit to a piece in that price range.

I decided over the weekend to order Sideshow's EX Predator 2 Maquette based on that realization and knowing that if any company ever does another 1/4 scale or larger Predator piece it's going to be out of my price range. Sideshow Predator 2 Maquette may not be 100% accurate but it's close enough for me and a great looking Predator piece from what I have gathered from reading the latest reviews. I seriously doubt there will ever be another quality 1/4 scale Predator piece in the $1200 price range in the future.
Is that so?
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote