Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 03-27-2017, 04:57 PM   #1751
darb
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectorcol View Post
So Toynami are shipping inferior products direct to authorised dealers?
This statement doesnt even make sense lol. Toynami is shipping products out and to them they probably dont see them as inferior but another piece shipped.

This post does nothing but to stir the pot with some odd implications that a chinease factory is knowingly shipping purposely bad statues out. Come on really ......really...
darb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 04:57 PM   #1752
Webb
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoBE View Post
Anyone got a good meme of trolls receding into their caves? It would be appropriate right about now.
Just because Paul said they look good it is not all hunky dory.He didn't pay for it,we did.
Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 05:01 PM   #1753
Collectorcol
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by darb View Post
This statement doesnt even make sense lol. Toynami is shipping products out and to them they probably dont see them as inferior but another piece shipped.

This post does nothing but to stir the pot with some odd implications that a chinease factory is knowingly shipping purposely bad statues out. Come on really ......really...
We've seen 4-5 pieces that looked bad. Shipped to customers without passing through CC.

CC say thay are inspecting pieces sent to them and they look fine.

You going to call me a troll now? Or remind me how long 5g you've been here?

BTW your first sentence made no sense at all...
Collectorcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 05:04 PM   #1754
Webb
Kindly Asked To Leave

The problem is with the paint job,so the "QC" has to be a repaint.They won't repaint 600 statues.
Old 03-27-2017, 05:10 PM   #1755
darb
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuwi View Post
maybe i had a mistake i didn't notice bud? could you show me what you mean?
Sure... Confusing the islands really.... WHO CARES... Simple mistake and doesnt really mean anything, especially with a statue.

The 3 raptors you speak of i believe are concept pieces that were sketched by Crash for the film but never made, or produced or realized. Im also pretty positive crash just does concept art and probably never sculpts would be fairly difficult​ for him to transfer a sketch to a statue. As for the paintjob its going by again Crashs original vision and he may very well created a back story for them.
I also vaguely remember them mentioning the female​ raptor from the first film killing her litermate,. Maybe those were them in Crashs original. Also just because you might not agree with the look they are original to the source material Crash McCreary who is a visual concept artist.

And yes just because a customer wants expects or thinks one way that doesnt make it right or for them to act a certain way
Old 03-27-2017, 05:22 PM   #1756
darb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectorcol View Post
We've seen 4-5 pieces that looked bad. Shipped to customers without passing through CC.

CC say thay are inspecting pieces sent to them and they look fine.

You going to call me a troll now? Or remind me how long 5g you've been here?

BTW your first sentence made no sense at all...
I could if you want me to and if it would make you happy....

The process of shipping products to international customers isnt new sideshow and most other producers do the same thing. Saves shipping cost which have been increasing yearly sadly.

Also how did it not make sense toynami is sending to international customers. True. The people in the factories making these things probably dont know the value or for all we know not see the problems with the paint work. So to them im sure they think they are fine.

I also think we have seen maybe 3 so far the first images from the one companies website seen a lot of that one. The italian guys statue which really doesnt look that bad or far off from what we have seen and then the zebra face one with the heavy nose strips. Unless im missing more pics of maybe one more.

Also no other company would ever randomly open and photograph the run to check the statues. Hell sideshow doesnt even qc their stuff in house.

Im also just gonna take a step back since this bickering doesnt help the thread pr the people who are looking for updates.
Old 03-27-2017, 05:27 PM   #1757
avenger1212
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Hell sideshow doesnt even qc their stuff in house.
I wish they would.
avenger1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 05:35 PM   #1758
Webb
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
I could if you want me to and if it would make you happy....

The process of shipping products to international customers isnt new sideshow and most other producers do the same thing. Saves shipping cost which have been increasing yearly sadly.

Also how did it not make sense toynami is sending to international customers. True. The people in the factories making these things probably dont know the value or for all we know not see the problems with the paint work. So to them im sure they think they are fine.

I also think we have seen maybe 3 so far the first images from the one companies website seen a lot of that one. The italian guys statue which really doesnt look that bad or far off from what we have seen and then the zebra face one with the heavy nose strips. Unless im missing more pics of maybe one more.

Also no other company would ever randomly open and photograph the run to check the statues. Hell sideshow doesnt even qc their stuff in house.

Im also just gonna take a step back since this bickering doesnt help the thread pr the people who are looking for updates.
Very Museum one and the one with dots all over the face.
Old 03-27-2017, 05:37 PM   #1759
darb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webb View Post
Very Museum one and the one with dots all over the face.
Think they are the same one
Old 03-27-2017, 05:37 PM   #1760
Collectorcol
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

'Toynami is shipping products out and to them they probably dont see them as inferior but another piece shipped'.

This actually confirms what I'm saying.

How can 4-5 pieces sent out internationally have issues and everything sent to CC be 'fine'?

Someone mentioned earlier the worst examples could be sent that route to avoid CC QCing them, which I found hard to believe but who knows.

Anyway, look forward to seeing what Chronicle are receiving and what is being perceived as acceptable.

Knowing i'm getting mine direct from a local dealer is worying right now.
Collectorcol is offline   Reply With Quote