Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 09-17-2022, 05:10 PM   #621
K1NG J0RDAN
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Unfortunately to get the hair perfect you'll need more than a simple brush. I still remember those photos of people taking their WW bust for an actual professional wash and styling.
Yeah I had a feeling. It seems like a lot more than I'm willing to do.
K1NG J0RDAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 05:11 PM   #622
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
Good point. It probably will change over time with basic environmental exposure now. Makes sense to wait and see to what extent that will be, and then go from there.
If kept within a sealed display cabinet, it should limit such issues quite significantly. Though some say the opposite.

However dusting silicone continuously over time has always concerned me.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 05:13 PM   #623
K1NG J0RDAN

Quote:
If kept within a sealed display cabinet, it should limit such issues quite significantly. Though some say the opposite.

I use compressed air to dust Alita and probably do it about once every 6-8 weeks. Seems to be pretty good. I'm very careful as to not mess up the hair when doing so. That is a pain to restyle.
Old 09-17-2022, 05:14 PM   #624
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by K1NG J0RDAN View Post
Yeah I had a feeling. It seems like a lot more than I'm willing to do.
Same.

My issue is not any frizzleness, but that it looks a bit too flat on top, and that I would like to give the hair more body, if you know what I mean.

But given that I'm a bit too lazy, I'll probably keep mine as is.
Old 09-17-2022, 05:18 PM   #625
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:

This was the dust , that I couldn't reach, that accumulated behind my LBS Thor over the last five months.

So yeah, dust is a major concern for me with these things (and why my Alita has a bag over her right now).

Other than that, in the case of King's WW here- I have no idea what the humidity is like where he is. Or how cool/warm he keeps his house. That could certainly affect the hair as could any propensity for static electricity in the room.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 05:20 PM   #626
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by K1NG J0RDAN View Post
I use compressed air to dust Alita and probably do it about once every 6-8 weeks. Seems to be pretty good. I'm very careful as to not mess up the hair when doing so. That is a pain to restyle.
I've always been hesitant to use those cans, unless you're talking about the motorised versions.

I used one of those air blowers on my Hulk bust quite a bit, but the damn thing is so damn noisy, and I dare not use it on most of my statues for fear of loosening a interchangable part. But luckily (or unfortunately) most of my collection is in cabinets.
Old 09-17-2022, 05:27 PM   #627
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
This was the dust , that I couldn't reach, that accumulated behind my LBS Thor over the last five months.

So yeah, dust is a major concern for me with these things.

Other than that, in the case of King's WW here- I have no idea what the humidity is like where he is. Or how cool/warm he keeps his house. That could certainly affect the hair as could any propensity for static electricity in the room.
Me too. Heck dust probably accumulates faster in my home unfortunately. I'm one of those odd people who prefers carpet in the main living areas of the home, so that does make dust an issue for me.

And I've personally always lived with air-conditioning on pretty much all the time, to maintain a fairly constant temperature etc.
Old 09-19-2022, 06:40 PM   #628
K1NG J0RDAN

I've had a few folks make comments on the eyebrows. It's frustrating that Queen couldn't get those closer to the prototype. I don't like having to risk messing it up to modify them.
Old 09-19-2022, 10:23 PM   #629
superdude
The X-Men

Yeah the hair is my biggest frustration with this piece. They did a decent job curling it initially, but you spend even a little time trying to position it and it turns into a frizzy, tangled mess. And it was always a bit too flat on top. I tried to use a hairdryer to puff it up a bit, but that was only so effective.

If they ever make a Black Widow bust I hope they choose one of her much simpler hairstyles like from Winter Soldier. Lol
superdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 11:59 PM   #630
K1NG J0RDAN

I had a heck of a time trying to make the hair look better last night. I eventually gave up altogether lol. I definitely appreciate Alita's straight hair so much more now.

The sad thing about Black Widow is we may never see it since Disney doesn't want to do female busts like that.