Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 08-18-2023, 10:29 PM   #21
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstgamerever View Post
I'm interested - it is just expensive. This isn't a cheap statue and it's not some XM X-Men vs Sentinel dio where you can see why it is so expensive. However, I respect people's choices I was merely voicing my opinion
I take it you don't have any other MC pieces.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2023, 11:39 PM   #22
ovp3664
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
I take it you don't have any other MC pieces.
Stingray did you pre order this ?
ovp3664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2023, 12:16 AM   #23
worstgamerever
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I'm not sure why anyone would assume I don't own from the line. Just because I do doesn't mean I can't have an opinion about the price. It is precisely because I own from the line that I am worried about the pricing direction. The $40 PVC analogy was cute. I won't say it applies to me.
worstgamerever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2023, 08:12 PM   #24
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovp3664 View Post
Stingray did you pre order this ?
Yes, I did
Old 08-19-2023, 08:24 PM   #25
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
I'm not sure why anyone would assume I don't own from the line. Just because I do doesn't mean I can't have an opinion about the price. It is precisely because I own from the line that I am worried about the pricing direction. The $40 PVC analogy was cute. I won't say it applies to me.
Of course it applies, it is the same argument you tried to make. The MC stuff is a cut above their other pieces and most other statue companies in detail and quality.

The MC pieces started ~6 years ago close to 2K now are close to 3K. ~50% increase over that time is about standard to other companies. Compared to the Dio you mentioned this is actually a better deal. That was more than double the cost years ago and if released today would probably be triple.
Old 08-19-2023, 11:06 PM   #26
ovp3664
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Yes, I did

Congrats,
Ive got escape off the road and have also pre ordered .
Old 08-19-2023, 11:25 PM   #27
ovp3664
The Avengers

Quote:
worstgamerever,
Did you get "the dead marshes" ? It's one I didn't pick up. But can still grab it here in Australia through ebay for a reasonable price.

I like the concept very much but still holding off.
Old 08-20-2023, 07:23 AM   #28
worstgamerever

I do have Dead Marshes. It is a very, very good narrative in statue form but expensive. Every sensible collector has to draw the line somewhere. For me that line was the pricing of Dead Marshes. For me the best-priced and best-executed LOTR statue is hands down the Uman Studios Witch King diorama. If you haven't seen that thing in person, try to. Its beyond jaw-dropping and isn't a piece I'll be selling. The lecture on MC origins/pricing, $40 PVC figures, along with the insistence that I said something I did not are all cute. In fact I'll head nod to them and agree. Whatever makes everyone happy.
Old 08-20-2023, 03:23 PM   #29
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
I do have Dead Marshes. It is a very, very good narrative in statue form but expensive. Every sensible collector has to draw the line somewhere. For me that line was the pricing of Dead Marshes. For me the best-priced and best-executed LOTR statue is hands down the Uman Studios Witch King diorama. If you haven't seen that thing in person, try to. Its beyond jaw-dropping and isn't a piece I'll be selling. The lecture on MC origins/pricing, $40 PVC figures, along with the insistence that I said something I did not are all cute. In fact I'll head nod to them and agree. Whatever makes everyone happy.
Just to clarify, I don't think anyone is saying you can't come on this forum and voice your opinion about pricing. (I think we'd all love for statues to be less expensive )

At the same time, I think it is fair to bring up the point that ALL statues have risen in price over the past few years and that you shouldn't be surprised at this development. I mean, 1/3 Prime 1 pieces used to be $899. 1/4 Sideshow pieces used to be $300. 1/10 Iron Studios pieces used to $80. it is, unfortunately, the times we are living through as a statue collector.

And my point about the $40 PVC statue was just an example to show that where you choose to spend your money is different for everyone and that regardless of the price, some folks may still feel like the item is not worth it (whether it is a $40 piece or a $3000 piece).
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2023, 04:50 AM   #30
worstgamerever

Not only have the prices gone up, the secondary market isn't quite the same. You bought a $3k 400 ES piece and you've set up this wonderful eBay auction listing with beautiful pictures, a persuasive pitch et cetera. Good, now prepare to walk away from $1800 when bidding ends. After eBay fees and shipping, you'll be lucky to $1.5k. This isn't a fictional story, its the story of one of the Dead Marshes listings that sold on eBay. The seller couldn't be chuffed at that outcome. I agree prices have gone up, but its also my prerogative to express disagreement, and even surprise, at the trend. Not everyone has to agree with me, but if ageeing with others make them happy, I'll head nod.