Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 04-26-2018, 06:21 PM   #411
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
Will be 1/4, but also 1/6 according to a comment in the Facebook group.
I was leaning toward 1/6 due to space and expected cost consideration but man this thing looks spectacular. The more I look at it the harder it gets to pass on 1/4. We'll see on pricing I guess. Anybody know when pricing will be set?
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 07:07 PM   #412
SAB380
The X-Men

I was always a 'bigger is better' guy in the past, and loved the industry moving from 1/4 to 1/3 - 1/2.
Now I'm just annoyed at giant boxes and lack of room to display anything.

I like the smaller scales now. Iron Studios doing 1/10 is brilliant.
I want some more companies to downsize. 1/8 would be nice as well.
SAB380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 10:55 PM   #413
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

yeah funds for fighting man and grim are gonna be tight but 1/4 on that piece is gonna make it all the more epic. Gonna shoot for it if possible. Hoping I can roll payments over to next year.
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 07:56 PM   #414
Kurtz
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAB380 View Post
Level52 just answered on Facebook that Frazetta's Monster out of Time (Man vs Crocodile) is still happening.
Not sure how far away, but I'm excited for that beast!
I'll wait to see how that turns out. That may be my last large piece, like you I'm over the large boxes and more specifically the ever larger prices.
Kurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 12:44 AM   #415
Overmind
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Seems like Catgirl is going to be shipping a little later than expected.
Overmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 01:51 PM   #416
desertdragon
Sinister Six

So, I was poking around on the ARH site, and came across this in their sneak peek section... Clearly Ehren had been working on this for a while, and presumably this would have been an ARH piece if things had worked out differently. I'm just glad L52 is bringing this to fruition...

desertdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 03:04 PM   #417
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdragon View Post
So, I was poking around on the ARH site, and came across this in their sneak peek section... Clearly Ehren had been working on this for a while, and presumably this would have been an ARH piece if things had worked out differently. I'm just glad L52 is bringing this to fruition...

ARH would have given her a removable top.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 02:57 PM   #418
pdenham
Teen Titans

Well, My wait list converted for Cat Girl.

I have to be honest and say that it really misses some key aspects of Frazetta's art by a good distance. Ehren seems to hit and miss these female Frazetta portraits with some regularity.

Virgin was good as is the female with Fighting Man. Both seem very Frazetta-esque to me.

However Cat Girl and his last minute fix on the ARH Huntress are pretty wide misses.

It bugged me a great deal on Huntress (maybe it's a good thing I never received the one I paid for ), but a little less so here. While I don't see much of a Frazetta influence in it, at least it's attractive on it's own.

There are other aspects I wish were done a little differently (especially the hair)- but ultimately, despite the miss on a few key Frazetta-isms, I still find it a seriously eye catching piece.
And it's not the nudity (which is actually more of a drawback displaying in three dimensions than it would be as a hung illustration, imo).

It's the way the team here boiled down the art to the basic circular composition. It feels complete and looks fresh as hell in a sea full of knee up Captain Morgan figure comps.
I also love the colors.

It was a difficult decision to make, as I'm still feeling quite burned by my ARH experience.
The more I looked at the Monsterpalooza vid though, the more this one sung out to me.

Looking forward to it and I just hope it doesn't deviate too far from the prototype.

BTW, I only got onto the wait list for this in the last month or so, and it converted on the second day- so that tells me there are likely a few more sales left out there for anyone interested.

Sadly, it looks like 100 is a plenty high edition size for these Frazetta statues. IIRC Aroham said Huntress actually only topped out at 40-60 orders.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 03:40 PM   #419
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

The hair paint app was the one thing about Catgirl I found a little lackluster. I love everything else.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 03:53 PM   #420
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
Well, My wait list converted for Cat Girl.
And it's not the nudity (which is actually more of a drawback displaying in three dimensions than it would be as a hung illustration, imo).

I can so understand that thinking even though I don't agree. People forget that both paintings and statues are illusions with different criteria.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote