Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 03-28-2012, 08:25 AM   #11
SNIKT
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
I used to be terrified of getting up in front of people when I was younger...but trust me...when you get up on stage in a speedo in front of 200+ people nothing will ever scare you again
Haha that's a great point
SNIKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:32 AM   #12
lord odin
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

I lift my girlfriend into bed I love her sets and weights I do lots of reps.
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:07 PM   #13
SNIKT
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord odin View Post
I lift my girlfriend into bed I love her sets and weights I do lots of reps.
Now that's a whole other type of exercise
Old 03-28-2012, 12:10 PM   #14
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIKT View Post
I'm sorry to hear that man... knees and shoulders are the achilles heal of weightlifting in my opinion. the guys at my gym said doing shows is like crack to them.. an "experience unlike any" in their own words. How did you do at the shows? Also what weight class did you do?
Hearing my knees go "pop" when I used to run a couple of miles daily with a bud is what got me to stop doing that. Neither of us are obese, so that shouldn't have been happening, but... the scare was there, nonetheless.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:13 PM   #15
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Congrats on the placings.

I had a friend that did the "food-scale" thing. Powerlifter.. we took my girlfriend at the time, his gf, him and their daughter to Disneyland, back in the day.

We did the Teacups and he basically cranked into the wheel so hard the attendant stopped the ride and told us we were going to break the teacup or cause an accident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
first show competed at 172 lbs (middleweight)...placed 7th out of 11

second show competed at 180 (light-heavy)...placed 5th out of 14

I loved competing but am content with putting it behind me. Massive dedication for months on end basically turned the idea of competing into a 24/7 drive. I'll never forget going to a restaurant with a food scale so I can eat my proper portions...the looks I got from people as I'm weighing chicken breasts on the table

I'm at a comfy 195 lbs now and feel its my optimal weight
Old 03-28-2012, 12:24 PM   #16
SNIKT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonus View Post
Hearing my knees go "pop" when I used to run a couple of miles daily with a bud is what got me to stop doing that. Neither of us are obese, so that shouldn't have been happening, but... the scare was there, nonetheless.
Absolutely.. That's scarey.. This guy at my gym has had three knee replacements on both knees. He limps all the time and can't ever work out his legs.. I feel terrible for the guy
Old 04-05-2012, 01:56 PM   #17
Babytoxie
Ghost

I've been working out for almost 30 years (weights and cardio). When I began, I had two physique ideals in mind, both from the movies: Schwarzenegger from Conan The Barbarian, and Marc Singer from The Beastmaster. As I learned more and realized all the "assistance" I'd need to look like Conan, I quickly put that dream away. So, I've focused more on aesthetics and all-around fitness. I don't look quite like Dar, but I'm close.
Babytoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 04:55 PM   #18
Zombie
The unstoppable force has met the unmovable object

i recently started going to the gym. only been going for about 4 months now and i never touched a weight before that.

im not nearly as strong as i should be.
6'2, 245.

these are all my regular weights, i can max out at more.
bench - 140 lb
leg press - 360lb
curl - 40lb
flies - 35

i am able to add more weight every few weeks.

i find it hard to stay at the gym, i tend to just get bored. its not that i work out everything, or get tired. i just cant find the focus to keep going.
Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:07 PM   #19
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

If you get bored, try something new for a while. When I went to the gym regularly in my early/mid-twenties, I balanced weights with indoor racquetball and (my old favorite) the rowing machine. Or the lap pool.

The rowing machines there (Gold's) kept scores digitally for reps/times... made it all the more fun. You could turn that option off, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
i recently started going to the gym. only been going for about 4 months now and i never touched a weight before that.

im not nearly as strong as i should be.
6'2, 245.

these are all my regular weights, i can max out at more.
bench - 140 lb
leg press - 360lb
curl - 40lb
flies - 35

i am able to add more weight every few weeks.

i find it hard to stay at the gym, i tend to just get bored. its not that i work out everything, or get tired. i just cant find the focus to keep going.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:42 AM   #20
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
yup as Arg said...find the thing you enjoy and go for that. Any form of exercise is better than no exercise

I can go and turn my iPod on and disappear for 2 hours at the gym each day (1 hour weights, 1 of cardio)...I can do it without feeling bored but many people find it hard to do so

my fiancee usually plays some squash with her friend or a yoga class...might throw in some other cardio and light weights if I'm there at the same time as her although she gets bored with the weights as well if I'm not there alongside her.

Basically make it so going to the gym or doing exercise doesn't become a chore...when its a chore you'll just lose any desire to do it
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote