Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 10-31-2014, 02:38 PM   #151
Lionore
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I think the Blue is the one fans were eagerly waiting for a long time!! and i like it a lot. The black was a poor choice.

My main question now is if this is going to be wall mounted only???
Lionore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 02:44 PM   #152
kevin2323
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionore View Post
I think the Blue is the one fans were eagerly waiting for a long time!! and i like it a lot. The black was a poor choice.

My main question now is if this is going to be wall mounted only???
i think blue may be exclusive black reg.
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 03:11 PM   #153
mistermark
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
I think it is a great and inspired idea myself. I have owned dozens of statues in my life and still have between 75-100. It is a departure from the norm and opens up a whole new realm of display space. I think this is a great idea that allows a unique and dynamic display if one so chooses. You do have the option of simply placing it on a shelf you know....
Well that changes everthing. Has it been confirmed he has enough weight in his base to support him being displayed on a shelf without him being screwed in? Wouldn't he just topple over? I like the statue but hate the screw in idea. So if he can be displayed on a shelf by himself without screwing him in that would make me buy. I thought the ONLY option was screw in and that really put me off. Hopefully Jerry clears things up on this.
mistermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 03:48 PM   #154
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Its a little premature for me to be discussing Batman as we havent even released any official images but before too much speculation takes place...

Originally the DC pieces were going to be PVC so we could keep the price down around ~ $125-150. But i didnt like the tests that I was seeing (plus I was worried about bending) so we switched to polystone. That means the price creeps up to ~$200ish

The scale is 1:7 . The total height of Batman from bottom of base to top of ears is 15" (38cm) so these are not tiny, but they arent 1:4 either.

These are meant to hang on a wall. As a collector I am out of shelf space but I do have wall space. its something I thought of because it works for me and I figure if it works for me it can work for other collectors.

That doesnt mean it works for everyone.

Can they be displayed on a shelf ? Technically yes but thats not what they are designed to do nor a priority in our design process.

The connections that mount to the wall could also mount to the back of a shelving unit. Its also possible to create a simple stand under the piece.

But again, its not designed for that so expect to use a little ingenuity to make it work.

We got so many emails inquiring about these after NYCC that we have really jumped into the other characters like Hawkman, Superman, Catwoman and others.

Some have lighting effects and some dont.

The Neal Adams style blue suit batman will be our PCS exclusive.
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 03:57 PM   #155
mistermark
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
Its a little premature for me to be discussing Batman as we havent even released any official images but before too much speculation takes place...

Originally the DC pieces were going to be PVC so we could keep the price down around ~ $125-150. But i didnt like the tests that I was seeing (plus I was worried about bending) so we switched to polystone. That means the price creeps up to ~$200ish

The scale is 1:7 . The total height of Batman from bottom of base to top of ears is 15" (38cm) so these are not tiny, but they arent 1:4 either.

These are meant to hang on a wall. As a collector I am out of shelf space but I do have wall space. its something I thought of because it works for me and I figure if it works for me it can work for other collectors.

Can they be displayed on a shelf ? Technically yes but thats not what they are designed to do nor a priority in our design process.

The connections that mount to the wall could also mount to the back of a shelving unit. Its also possible to create a simple stand under the piece.

But again, its not designed for that so expect to use a little ingenuity to make it work.

We got so many emails inquiring about these after NYCC that we have really jumped into the other characters like Hawkman, Superman, Catwoman and others.

Thanks Jerry. No sure how to create a stand for them but hopefully this will be awesome. The wall mount puts me off but if I can display it without that, then great. Perhaps consider having it come with some sort of support stand to display on its own. I know it is probably too late in the design game but just consider it. Thanks for responding.
Old 10-31-2014, 04:09 PM   #156
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermark View Post
Thanks Jerry. No sure how to create a stand for them but hopefully this will be awesome. The wall mount puts me off but if I can display it without that, then great. Perhaps consider having it come with some sort of support stand to display on its own. I know it is probably too late in the design game but just consider it. Thanks for responding.
I wanted to but 'another company' objected.
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 04:13 PM   #157
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:

Cool, Jerry!! You are the man!

Looking forward to the exclusive and the rest characters in the line. Thanks for the info and the heads up.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 04:34 PM   #158
SuperJ300
Zot

You are awesome Jerry, love your passion for this business!
SuperJ300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 05:19 PM   #159
mistermark
Birdman

Quote:
I wanted to but 'another company' objected.
Grrrrr. This makes me want to support you all the more. Hate when bigger companies try to bully smaller ones. Might just PO that PCS Batman Ex.
Old 10-31-2014, 06:22 PM   #160
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Jerry, could you be a little more specific about what made you switch from PVC to polystone? There is quite a talk about PVC statues recently with some contradictory statements regarding pros and cons. I know you've always been in favor of PVC as a media, what mostly concerns me is the bending issue you mentioned.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote