Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 06-25-2014, 01:13 PM   #91
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

Badass Digest Presents DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES With A Killer Livestream Q&A! | Badass Digest
Spideristic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 02:01 AM   #92
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

Few tweets from Devin Faraci:

"DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES is absolutely awesome, incredibly smart and has a truly APES-worthy ending."

"I really liked RISE, but I think DAWN is WAAAAY better. The ape stuff alone is complex, emotional and totally cool."

"DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES is the movie of the summer, and one of the year's best."

"BTW DAWN is very much a redo of BATTLE. But much better."
Old 07-10-2014, 05:35 PM   #93
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes is a powerful and worthy sequel.

One of the biggest strengths of Dawn of the Planet of the Apes is its invoking sense of realism which results in an immersive experience.

The visuals effects by Weta Digital in the movie are so great and seamless that one would forget they are CGI apes and early on it pretty much gets taken for granted that they are inhabiting the world.

Leading the charge is Andy Serkis as Caesar. He has many moments of verbal dialogue and sign language (shown with subtitles), but even during scenes where he doesn't even speak a word he is able to display such range of emotions, it's a fine example of his staggering performance. His collaboration with the visual effects team along with the rest of the performance capture team is leaps ahead of the first film.

Michael Giacchino has given the movie an audacious musical score and I look foward to listening to the whole score when it gets released.

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes is a much darker film than Rise of the Planet of the Apes. And it doesn't really have any lighthearted moments. The movie demands your attention and it's gripping till the end as the events unfold.
Old 07-15-2014, 01:56 PM   #94
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Saw it today and really liked it! Thumbs up and hope they keep making more.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 12:52 AM   #95
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

honestly, at the end of this movie, i wanted to stand up and cheer! i thought it was fantastic. no question, one of the most enjoyable film experiences i have had in the past few years. Andy Serkis deserves an Oscar nod for his performance.
Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 03:05 PM   #96
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplyrob View Post
honestly, at the end of this movie, i wanted to stand up and cheer! i thought it was fantastic. no question, one of the most enjoyable film experiences i have had in the past few years. Andy Serkis deserves an Oscar nod for his performance.
I felt much the same. All around great movie experience.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 04:17 PM   #97
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

I liked the movie. The story was predictable, but the execution was well done. The ape characters were really compelling.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 07:10 PM   #98
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

That's two for two with this rebooted franchise. Outstanding movie. Further thoughts tomorrow but for now this is a 9/10.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote