Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 07-15-2014, 10:42 AM   #1
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Justice League: Throne of Atlantis

alright cool. i was hoping there would have been a sequel to WAR on how it ended. killah!!

Warner Bros. has revealed the next DCU Animated Original Movie release, Justice: League: Throne of Atlantis, a direct sequel to director Jay Oliva's Justice League: War. The new film is based on Geoff Johns' 2013 New 52 comic arc of the same name and picks up where War left off, with the Atlanteans responding to the actions of the surface world after Darkseid's attack on Earth. An exact street date has yet to be announced for Throne of Atlantis, but a Blu-ray release is expected in late 2014/early 2015.

In Johns' comic crossover, Atlantis -- led by Aquaman's brother Ocean Master -- attacks the East Coast of the United States, flooding major cities including Metropolis, Gotham City and several others. The Justice League comes together to help Aquaman turn back the tide, but soon learn they're woefully over matched by the Atlantean Army, and must find a way to save the world from total annihilation.The crossover was spread across "Justice League" 14-17 and "Aquaman" 14-16. A DC Comics collected edition is available on Amazon.

An extended sneak peek of Justice League: Throne of Atlantis is set to be included on the Blu-ray release of Batman: Assault on Arkham, which streets on August 12th. Further details will be made available at the San Diego Comic-Con (July 24-27th). Most of War's voice cast is expected to reprise their roles for Throne of Atlantis.

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=14386
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 12:26 PM   #2
Warpath
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Awesome! Thanks for sharing.

This seems like a marked attempt to get Aquaman's name out there, and update his image a bit. I think they will do it well.
Warpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 02:10 PM   #3
DynamicMenace

yeah could be.
this should be a killer film. looking forward to it.
Old 07-15-2014, 11:44 PM   #4
SONICobra
Batman

yeah knew this was coming after I saw the post credits scene on war. I really enjoy most of the dc animated movies but didn't care for "war" hopefully this will be more up to snuff
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 12:56 AM   #5
DynamicMenace

i do too. but war wasn't all that bad. i really like the whole origin story of cyborg in that. that was killah.
plus i really liie the size of Darksied too.
but what i didn't like was the whole new 52 vibe that was going on with batman and superman and the rest. i understand it was the beginning of the JLA. but. i didn't like how superman seem like so much of a bad ass rather than the boyscout he was meant to be. i hope they end the new 52 and go back to the way things were. or at least bring some of the classic aspects to the characters back. Batman is supposed to be the bad ass. not superman. hes just known not to be f*cked with. know what im saying?
Old 07-16-2014, 01:08 PM   #6
Warpath
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
yeah knew this was coming after I saw the post credits scene on war. I really enjoy most of the dc animated movies but didn't care for "war" hopefully this will be more up to snuff
Shoot, I missed that. Can you provide a description?
Warpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 01:16 PM   #7
RadicalThrasher
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Really looking forward to this! I collect and enjoy all the DCU animated movies. Sounds like this will be out after Batman: Assault on Arkham.
RadicalThrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 04:51 PM   #8
DynamicMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpath View Post
Shoot, I missed that. Can you provide a description?
shows dead sea anials floating in the water and Ocean master surfaces in one of his ships holding one of his fallen comrades and vows revenge. in a nut shell.
but here it is on video.. starts at the 1:32 mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2q1FRD4YjaI

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadicalThrasher View Post
Really looking forward to this! I collect and enjoy all the DCU animated movies. Sounds like this will be out after Batman: Assault on Arkham.
yeah same here. and yes out after Batman.
Old 07-16-2014, 06:37 PM   #9
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

YES!
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 08:48 AM   #10
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

http://screenrant.com/justice-league...antis-trailer/
metroid is offline   Reply With Quote