Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 11-21-2006, 01:25 AM   #21
bat_collector
Galactus

Bats Wins All The Way

And I love how wolvie goes from nothing more of a streetfighter/brawler vs cap to someone with decades experience vs batman. Logan gets no respect. But neither does bats.
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 01:38 AM   #22
Perna
Budda Budda Bamfer!
Artist

That's right, Batman poops himself.
Perna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 02:03 AM   #23
Justin
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat_collector View Post
Bats Wins All The Way

And I love how wolvie goes from nothing more of a streetfighter/brawler vs cap to someone with decades experience vs batman. Logan gets no respect. But neither does bats.

I agree 100% with this statement

I've read people on this board and others say that Bat's could take out Sups, so I believe he does get a bit of respect, I just believe in this match up Wolvie would take the points
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 11:58 AM   #24
lord odin
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perna View Post
Wolverine wins. Batman and his gadgets, bah!!! Wolverine has way more years of experience then Bats. People seem to think that all Wolverine is is berserker rage. He's got a brain and he'd use it. Batman would poop himself.
But there`s one big problem when wolvie goes into a berserker rage he doesn`t think.
He almost killed Nightcrawler for joking with him if Kurt hadn`t teleported away he would have killed him and he`s about the best friend wolverine has.
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 12:45 PM   #25
Sniper
Objectivo Bastardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by whd View Post
Hell, if the Punisher can get the best of Wolverine then Batman is definitely the winner here. Wolvy has the edge physically, but he loses control too easily and Batman is all about using his opponents anger against them.

it's the batman
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 01:02 PM   #26
lord odin
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post

it's the batman
It`s the go***** batman.
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 01:04 PM   #27
mwf6171
internet forum tough guy

Location: Gore/Aussie Land!!! well Kansas City, MO actually..
Batman would not be able to get back to the Bat Cave as he would be dead. If by some bizarre chance he did survive the first encounter, Wolvie would just track him back to the Bat Cave and kill him there.
mwf6171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 01:11 PM   #28
Teague
Iron Man

Any of these fights could go either way. But all things being equal, with no gimmickry or trick-plot devices or whatever? I have to give the edge to Wolverine. (Edge, get it? Yes, I'm ashamed of that pun, too.)

No disrespect meant to Batman whatsoever, but you take two great fighters but add that one of them has an incredible healing factor and huge unbreakable claws that extend his effective reach by a foot or so? Yeah, the guy without the powers is going down.

For what it's worth, I agree that Bats is the better fighter in this scenario, but I don't think it will make much of a difference.
Teague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 01:13 PM   #29
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat_collector View Post
Bats Wins All The Way

Well, I never thought of Wolverine as just a brawler (though certainly he can be a brawler) vs. Cap. I'm not sure who made those comments but I'd disagree with them as well.

I also don't see Logan and Batman not getting respect, just because we're saying they can be defeated.
wktf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 01:25 PM   #30
Teague
Iron Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Well, I never thought of Wolverine as just a brawler (though certainly he can be a brawler) vs. Cap. I'm not sure who made those comments but I'd disagree with them as well.

I also don't see Logan and Batman not getting respect, just because we're saying they can be defeated.
Agreed. I think all the characters mentioned here are formidable to say the least. And this is all for fun anyhow.

I think I may have said something about Logan being mainly a brawler, because I do believe that, but if that was me, I want to clarify my position on that. I don't mean in any way that he's "just" a brawler as compared to Cap. Logan knows two things better than most: brawling and swordplay. And his claws play a big part in how good of a brawler he is--without them (and I'm sure Tet can provide us with several instances of this!) he gets his clock cleaned in barroom fights all the time, at least against big guys. Yeah, he's tough, and he's scrappy, but he has the claws, man, the claws. And he relies on them, as you'd think he would. He's still one of the best fighters in the MU, but if you're talking fighting styles (and admittedly, I might be splitting hairs here...), Cap's better. Logan is a street fighter, trained by experience and many years. Cap's a tactician, formally trained, self-taught, etc., and in addition having the experience of many years. While that difference is significant, I don't think it means that Logan is "just" a brawler, you know?
Teague is offline   Reply With Quote