Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-31-2015, 01:46 PM   #3581
worstgamerever
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by floreairfoot View Post
Would you have originally pre-ordered it if it didn't have a signature of any kind?
Good question. Personally I think Power Girl is one of the best prints. Quite possibly one of the top five IMO. Maybe the price is nonetheless steep, especially if not signed by Lau. But the art itself is so nice! I'd maybe consider floreairfoot's question above, before returning...
worstgamerever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 02:08 PM   #3582
Drahmin
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by floreairfoot View Post
Would you have originally pre-ordered it if it didn't have a signature of any kind?
Yes, I would have pre-ordered without a signature at a reduced price. I would rather not have a signature at all than having a fake signature. The edition is pointless now and current price is unjustified.
Drahmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 02:15 PM   #3583
Vallos
Jubilee

They provided me with only two options, none of which included a credit or partial refund. It was either return for a full refund, or keep the prints. Perhaps my complaint to BBB was held against me. In any case, a full refund was one of two considerations, so that is what I chose. They have sent me pre-paid labels to send all my six framed COTD prints. I am more than happy to get back $1,360.
Vallos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 02:16 PM   #3584
k-9
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drahmin View Post
Yes, I would have pre-ordered without a signature at a reduced price. I would rather not have a signature at all than having a fake signature. The edition is pointless now.
I agree with a reduced price but if this particular piece of art is only available from ssc are you going to pass for say $20?

the thing is we don't really know if any of ssc piece's can be sold by others in a different format do we?

if lau can replicate any of his ssc art in a larger or smaller size the image we have bought from ssc isn't even limited never mind if its signed or not!
k-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 02:19 PM   #3585
k-9
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

[QUOTE=Vallos;5116327]They provided me with only two options, none of which included a credit or partial refund. It was either return for a full refund, or keep the prints. Perhaps my complaint to BBB was held against me. In any case, a full refund was one of two considerations, so that is what I chose. They have sent me pre-paid labels to send all my six framed COTD prints. I am more than happy to get back $1,360.[/QUOTE]

nice!
k-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 02:26 PM   #3586
worstgamerever
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I don't think we'll see these art prints released by anyone else. So its simple really, if you have the statues and you feel the art is important to displaying the statue--edition size or signature regardless--then keep it. This isn't a u-turn from my position, however different buyers may have purchased these for different reasons. Depending on what was important to your purchase, you may be worse off returning the piece.

Ironically, those who hang on to theirs might be able to sell with hefty profit margins down the line. So I suppose its worth giving some serious thought before returning.

A lot of the rhetoric here, so far, has been from upset members; myself included. I think, for those personally affected, it may be worth taking a step back from all this forum chatter, before deciding.
worstgamerever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 02:31 PM   #3587
Drahmin
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by k-9 View Post
I agree with a reduced price but if this particular piece of art is only available from ssc are you going to pass for say $20?

the thing is we don't really know if any of ssc piece's can be sold by others in a different format do we?

if lau can replicate any of his ssc art in a larger or smaller size the image we have bought from ssc isn't even limited never mind if its signed or not!
$20? sure. I don't care if it's only from SSC. I can't accept SSC using fake signature to boost their price. It's unethical and company should be brought to court for this. I know I'm going to lose the $24 deposit on the framed PG but I rather do that then waste another $220 plus shipping for something that isn't real or as advertised . Boy I'm glad I didn't use any of my reward points on the prints. Already brought framed Poison Ivy, unframed Psylocke, and Vampirella. Invested money into the custom frames and stuff.

I can now see why people go to comic con and other events to get their autograph themselves.
Drahmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 02:38 PM   #3588
CtrlAltElite
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Same here. Im sending mine back also. Its the principle of the matter.
CtrlAltElite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 02:50 PM   #3589
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

keeping all of mine. am on the same boat...i mean ssc does say these are "exclusive" prints on the ad page...so they got that going for them.
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 03:21 PM   #3590
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

^Exclusively faux signatures.
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote