Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prototypez

Old 09-06-2017, 11:26 AM   #131
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
^This. The pose is one of my biggest problems with Akuma. The opportunity for the teleport or the so requested Satsui No Hado charge was missed in my opinion. All these Akumas and none of the poses are icons. The back stare is iconic but it only works from one angle.

Attachment 107700

Attachment 107701

People ask for a PCS Ultimate Ryu and I suggest it's already been done with PrototypeZ Ryu and the pose is a huge part of it. That and the killer face sculpt!

No one has done a quality Ken Shoryuken with flames. Whoever makes a realistic Big Boy Toys style Ken will make the greatest Ken of all time.

Sosa already did a bad A$s 1/6 shoryuken pose for ken for his kits. Those poses for akuma would be cool but I don't see them translating well in statue forum. The start up of the raging demon pose with 1 feet up makes akuma look like a dancer. The other pose you know people are going to call that the $hitting akuma based on the pose. Looks like he's ready to go to the bathroom and constipated. It works well as a taunt and only lasts for a few seconds but statue form is forever and I don't want akuma looking constipated.
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 11:36 AM   #132
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

Ken and Ryu facing off in similar poses are as iconic as SF gets. They are pretty much player 1 and player 2 characters. I say have the matching pose and get creative with the second bust. Id skip battle damage for the come get some pose personally. But for a battle damaged one it would be cool to have him charging up his fist to match Ryu's hadoken

If absolutely you dont want one that matches, Id vote for the come get some pose but in a fighting posture.
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 11:49 AM   #133
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuhayabusa6787 View Post
Sosa already did a bad A$s 1/6 shoryuken pose for ken for his kits. Those poses for akuma would be cool but I don't see them translating well in statue forum. The start up of the raging demon pose with 1 feet up makes akuma look like a dancer. The other pose you know people are going to call that the $hitting akuma based on the pose. Looks like he's ready to go to the bathroom and constipated. It works well as a taunt and only lasts for a few seconds but statue form is forever and I don't want akuma looking constipated.
I've never seen PrototypeZ kit painted until today. Looks great but it is only 1/6 and lacks some tenseness that Big Boy's has with the mouth open in rage and looking down after the strike.

The 1 foot up totally looks like a martial artist to me. I've made similar pooping Akuma comments myself regarding the Satsui No Hado pose and though it is iconic it does require the animated tensing to come across to the uninitiated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendlySamurai View Post
Ken and Ryu facing off in similar poses are as iconic as SF gets. They are pretty much player 1 and player 2 characters. I say have the matching pose and get creative with the second bust. Id skip battle damage for the come get some pose personally.

If absolutely you dont want one that matches, Id vote for the come get some pose but in a fighting posture.
I can get on with this thinking. A 2nd bust is necessary though for a character like Ken.

No matter what we're on a better road than what was initially teased for the pose when the statue was announced. I hated that look.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 11:59 AM   #134
CreativeArtFan
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by amloprinzi View Post
What do you guys think of this pose for ken? Should fit perfectly with Ryu.

Really like it, also him watching to his right side is perfect.
CreativeArtFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 02:59 PM   #135
BurningRage
Inhumans

Need a Violent Ken variant.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 03:02 PM   #136
Vendetta
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
I asked for that on the last page too! My ideal scenario would be a Violent Ken variant, and the main pose used is the last pic amloprinzi posted with a switch-out torso with him doing his taunting pose.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 07:54 PM   #137
w00tw00t
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendlySamurai View Post
Ken and Ryu facing off in similar poses are as iconic as SF gets. They are pretty much player 1 and player 2 characters. I say have the matching pose and get creative with the second bust. Id skip battle damage for the come get some pose personally. But for a battle damaged one it would be cool to have him charging up his fist to match Ryu's hadoken

10+ agree
w00tw00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 09:48 PM   #138
Bolo2002b
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Get this moving, Cant wait for KEN...hope they can make a player 2 for him, Blue ken looks nice
Bolo2002b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 10:20 PM   #139
amloprinzi
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
Don't worry, I'm sure it will possibly happen.
amloprinzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 10:23 PM   #140
amloprinzi
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
I asked for that on the last page too! My ideal scenario would be a Violent Ken variant, and the main pose used is the last pic amloprinzi posted with a switch-out torso with him doing his taunting pose.
Come on guys, we all know Erick loves to do variants. If you guys want a violent ken. I'm sure he will be more than happy to do so. Remember he actually listens.
amloprinzi is offline   Reply With Quote