Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 09-20-2013, 09:16 PM   #41
Xaerius
The Herculoids

I completely agree! If the upcoming pictures of the prototype look good, I'll definitely pick this one up as well. I'm quite certain that the resin 1:4 is going to be far superior to the 1:6 PVC version...and even if it is comparable, I simply like the feel of the resin ones better.

They said that better pictures will be released soon...
Xaerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 11:59 AM   #42
3stun
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Already on pre-order at AmiAmi. Priced the same as Lilith (I guess due to a larger base). It says release date "late Nov. 2013", but I doubt we should expect it before 2014. Still, you never know what Yamato guys are up to!
3stun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:51 PM   #43
Vallos
Jubilee

New image posted on Facebook (still need close ups):

Vallos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:01 PM   #44
Y3E
Gen 13

Still looks like the PVC verison
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 02:13 PM   #45
3stun
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

The base is huge... When space becomes an issue, you just can't afford displaying pieces that large. One could fit a couple of premium formats on that space...
3stun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 04:26 PM   #46
Vallos
Jubilee

Right now, that is the main factor for me not getting it.
Old 10-04-2013, 09:33 AM   #47
Vallos
Jubilee

This is where they got the base from, another Royo painting. I am unsure of the painting's title.

I always found it odd with having this base for Medusa. The discomfort wasn't overly apparent to me but now seeing this painting, I can pinpoint why Medusa doesn't fit this base. Medusa's Gaze as painted by Royo, always seemed to me as if she was coming out of a fog. It had an air of mystery to it that I feel is lost with her on the base. I think having her without one, or one that conjures up the same feelings as in the painting would portray her better. The 1:4 Medusa is two ideas that is out of sync. It is haphazard. With the painting above, Royo depicted the woman to interact with the snake that is interacting with the pillar. It all flows. There is synergy to it, where as Medusa does not. Perhaps I am tainted by the originality of both paintings, but the 1:4 scale Medusa looks like a photoshop gone bad. If you are going to have a base for Medusa, it need to be subtle and subdued. It doesn't have to be flat but more that she is the focal point of the display. With this base, she is overwhelmed by it.
Old 10-04-2013, 09:38 AM   #48
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallos View Post
This is where they got the base from, another Royo painting. I am unsure of the painting's title.

I always found it odd with having this base for Medusa. The discomfort wasn't overly apparent to me but now seeing this painting, I can pinpoint why Medusa doesn't fit this base. Medusa's Gaze as painted by Royo, always seemed to me as if she was coming out of a fog. It had an air of mystery to it that I feel is lost with her on the base. I think having her without one, or one that conjures up the same feelings as in the painting would portray her better. The 1:4 Medusa is two ideas that is out of sync. It is haphazard. With the painting above, Royo depicted the woman to interact with the snake that is interacting with the pillar. It all flows. There is synergy to it, where as Medusa does not. Perhaps I am tainted by the originality of both paintings, but the 1:4 scale Medusa looks like a photoshop gone bad. If you are going to have a base for Medusa, it need to be subtle and subdued. It doesn't have to be flat but more that she is the focal point of the display. With this base, she is overwhelmed by it.
Well said Vallos. You should post this on Yamato's FB page and maybe they will listen.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 09:53 AM   #49
Vallos
Jubilee

I will, but I think it's too little too late. It is scheduled to ship in January.
Old 10-06-2013, 02:56 PM   #50
Haliem Monstrom
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallos View Post
New image posted on Facebook (still need close ups):

it isn't 1/4. Here, the base is to huge for the figure.

Otherwise, it's diferent to the base of the others 1/4 (Ritual, Luz, Malefic) more simples.
Haliem Monstrom is offline   Reply With Quote