Underdog07
Hercules

Very annoying.
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:35 PM   #22
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

I blame Facebook and Twitter . . . people can't take a leak these days without 'tweeting' about it
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:35 PM   #23
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Hell no they shouldn't be allowed to text. I don't care how considerate you are, if one of those assclowns is sitting directly in front of you its a MAJOR distraction as it lights up the area like a spot light. If you can't be away from your phone for a few hours then you shouldn't be there.

People shoving food into their faces as if they haven't eaten in a week, kicking chairs and talking have reduced my movie going considerably. Allow texting and I'll just write it off altogether and wait for the eventual Blu-ray.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:43 PM   #24
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

I'm with Scott.. I don't understand why it takes some people 20 minutes to open a f#cking bag of candy/chips/etc in a movie theater; OPEN THE BAG ALREADY!!
Takes me like... 2 seconds, tops.
Or open it just prior to going into the theater.. or during the previews, when nobody will care... is it impossible for some people to keep their fat fingers out of opened food for the ten minutes until the movie starts?
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:59 PM   #25
Justin
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
Doesn't bother me. Kicking chairs, talking on the phone, talking, chewing like a cow, fighting, excessive laughter... These things bother me.
Could not agree more

and my god, there are some princesses in this thread
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:01 PM   #26
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I go to the theater so seldom now that when I do I pay premium prices to see it at a luxury theater that is 21 & over, Cinetopia here in the great NW. Thank god for this "Living Room" theater.

As you can see they have seats where you can kick your feet up and a drop off in front of you so large that you can't even see the person sitting in front of you. I can even order a beer, and I usually do. They are even starting to do reserved seating which really intrigues me. Its costing me $34 to see The Avengers with my girl tomorrow but its really the only way I'll go anymore. I just can't do standard theaters and most of that is due to generation text and their complete disregard for their fellow patrons.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:05 PM   #27
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

We have one of those about 30 minutes from here.. called a "Galaxy" theater, with a bar in front, etc that you can bring your beer/mixed drink (limited) into the theater from.. or go into the VIP section and watch from couches in there, with food, etc... but I don't get that part; that's like watching from home.

But the theater portion is pretty sweet.

But yeah.. if anywhere's gonna be top of the food chain with tech, it's the NW, seriously.

I know in L.A., they have the same thing, but you can order dinner and have it brought to your seat/table, too. Nutty.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:17 PM   #28
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

You can actually order dinner in there too Ryan. They even have full pizzas. They stop serving 5 min. before the previews start though. The food is actually really good (especially the burgers) but I usually just stick with my Dead Guy Ale.

Amazing sound system too. I've yet to have a bad experience there. Very considerate audience.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:47 PM   #29
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
You can actually order dinner in there too Ryan. They even have full pizzas. They stop serving 5 min. before the previews start though. The food is actually really good (especially the burgers) but I usually just stick with my Dead Guy Ale.

Amazing sound system too. I've yet to have a bad experience there. Very considerate audience.
You have baseline for your Burger scale for the rest of your life, after your Rogue's Brewery visit; use it. (Assuming you had one of their Kobes, I should say).

I'm.. uh... taking a (Rogue) Hazelnut Brown Porter into Avengers with me.. and a bud's bringing a couple of Chocolate Stouts for him and another friend of ours. Ssh. I never bring beer into a movie, but I figure.. it's the Avengers; live it up.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:45 PM   #30
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post

We have something similar called La Premiere and whilst it costs twice as much, it's the only cinema I go to now. They have some great meals (mini burgers, calamari, cheese platters, etc) and you can have a beer or a nice glass of red as well. The only thing I don't like is there is no age limit . . . so cashed up little teenage sh!ts can still get in.

An for some added pre-movie entertainment, you get to watch people trying to sneak in and then get all flustered when they get turfed out

And yes, I'm a snob . . . but that's only because I refuse to sit with the lower class riff raff
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote