Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 11-23-2016, 12:27 PM   #1061
s_paulik87
Green Lantern Corps

statue was only $350 in the first place.....no one that bought early got "screwed" lmao....
s_paulik87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 12:29 PM   #1062
qz33
Doctor Doom

Well the original poster knew people here would want to know how and didn't post anything so it might not be something available to everyone.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 12:45 PM   #1063
Vpuik
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

What did you guys use to fix your broken parts? My pony tail came broken and I'll be out of town for the b extra several weeks so replacement might not work.
Vpuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 01:44 PM   #1064
Aphotic
A day without sunshine is like... night.

That wow head nov I got mine in before 2PM which might have been when they changed it. I did also check each statue out individually to get ensure I got free shipping. I had to use a different account so I'm not sure if that had anything to do with it.

Screwed maybe too harsh, but I was initially charged both shipping and didn't have a coupon and tax :x haha but yeah it's fine.
Aphotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 10:13 PM   #1065
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Got him in today.

Can confirm.

Dope.

Quality VS Price top notch.
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 06:03 AM   #1066
dwade23
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Geez wade, grow a pair.
Coming from a guy with 31,000 posts, who claims to be from "The Shire" and who spends his entire life online instead of the real world, that is absolutely hilarious! Thanks for the comedic relief haha!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PermaGrin View Post
Got him in today.
Quality VS Price top notch.
Couldn't agree more. Grats!
dwade23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 12:29 PM   #1067
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwade23 View Post
Coming from a guy with 31,000 posts, who claims to be from "The Shire" and who spends his entire life online instead of the real world, that is absolutely hilarious! Thanks for the comedic relief haha!
Glad I could provide mister 6' basketball player who likes to threaten in PMs some comedic relief. And I agree, you are nothing, nobody.
Old 11-24-2016, 10:37 PM   #1068
krawl
Frackin!

Received mine recently, quick shipping, 4 days from order to actual delivery to my country exactly on the other side of the globe. Arrived perfect! luckily with NO broken horns / ears / pony tail (the usual issues ive been hearing about). Also the wings were FLUSH on mine on both sides. My quick and very honest thoughts:

Pros:
- sculpt is very well done. no complaints, including the hand wraps and tiny white stitching on the pants making it look mix media (awesome like Grom)
- pose is imposing and captures illidans brooding perfectly, wingspan gives it presence
- SOLID build and construction, stable, very very solid (base and body) and HEAVY
- translucent wings are like Deathwings, letting light shine through... beautiful
- Paint job overall is excellent, BETTER than sideshow but not as good as XM

Cons:
- Paint in some parts are a little sloppy... the base green fel blood has a lacquer-like layer on top to make it shiny / wet, but you can see it overrun beyond the fel blood onto the stone making tiny splotches of shiny stone instead. Also the war glaives weathering could be a bit better, especially fel blood stain on it (felt messy rather than natural staining)
- Illidans tattoo may be accurate, but how i wish it was bright fel green. would have POPPED more
- Hand connectors sculpt is not accurate, you can see the slight mismatch in size where the hand connects to the wrist, the wrist wraps are larger than the hands.
- Extensive use of non-poly stone pieces (plastic? i cant quite tell what material it is) for the hair, the loin cloth, the stray wraps on the legs, war glaives. Im sure there were reasons to do this, but Grommash Hellscream piece used much less of this
- there are a couple of very small but unsightly cast / seam lines on the head (ears and one part of the hair). almost unnoticeable unless you look extremely close up.

Overall a BEAUTIFUL piece for the great price! a NO REGRET purchase. NOT as good as Grommash IMHO, but you gotta have it!

Maybe im being paranoid if i say, they are making tiny tiny little quality reductions on Illidan VS Grom, perhaps to save costs... and its a slippery slope downwards from here (i.e. Sideshow). But im trying to stay optimistic.

Blizzard if you are listening, please keep the good work up, or even better improve back to Grom-level quality standards for the next statue. KEEP THEM COMING!
krawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 01:19 PM   #1069
polished1
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krawl View Post
Received mine recently, quick shipping, 4 days from order to actual delivery to my country exactly on the other side of the globe. Arrived perfect! luckily with NO broken horns / ears / pony tail (the usual issues ive been hearing about). Also the wings were FLUSH on mine on both sides. My quick and very honest thoughts:

Pros:
- sculpt is very well done. no complaints, including the hand wraps and tiny white stitching on the pants making it look mix media (awesome like Grom)
- pose is imposing and captures illidans brooding perfectly, wingspan gives it presence
- SOLID build and construction, stable, very very solid (base and body) and HEAVY
- translucent wings are like Deathwings, letting light shine through... beautiful
- Paint job overall is excellent, BETTER than sideshow but not as good as XM

Cons:
- Paint in some parts are a little sloppy... the base green fel blood has a lacquer-like layer on top to make it shiny / wet, but you can see it overrun beyond the fel blood onto the stone making tiny splotches of shiny stone instead. Also the war glaives weathering could be a bit better, especially fel blood stain on it (felt messy rather than natural staining)
- Illidans tattoo may be accurate, but how i wish it was bright fel green. would have POPPED more
- Hand connectors sculpt is not accurate, you can see the slight mismatch in size where the hand connects to the wrist, the wrist wraps are larger than the hands.
- Extensive use of non-poly stone pieces (plastic? i cant quite tell what material it is) for the hair, the loin cloth, the stray wraps on the legs, war glaives. Im sure there were reasons to do this, but Grommash Hellscream piece used much less of this
- there are a couple of very small but unsightly cast / seam lines on the head (ears and one part of the hair). almost unnoticeable unless you look extremely close up.

Overall a BEAUTIFUL piece for the great price! a NO REGRET purchase. NOT as good as Grommash IMHO, but you gotta have it!

Maybe im being paranoid if i say, they are making tiny tiny little quality reductions on Illidan VS Grom, perhaps to save costs... and its a slippery slope downwards from here (i.e. Sideshow). But im trying to stay optimistic.

Blizzard if you are listening, please keep the good work up, or even better improve back to Grom-level quality standards for the next statue. KEEP THEM COMING!
Gromm-level-solid review. I'm really hoping the reduction in quality doesn't continue with the next piece. They used a different company for this guy than they did with Gromm. For Gromm they used Happy Worker who's based Toronto, like they've done for a bunch of their stuff. http://www.happyworker.com/work/bliz...e#.WDhyHrIrLmE. My theory is that this change is what caused the reduction in quality for Illidan. Cheaper production = cheaper product.
polished1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 02:56 PM   #1070
s_paulik87
Green Lantern Corps

having Illidan, Gromm, and Arthas I'd say Gromm is the superior piece. Flawless in every way.
s_paulik87 is offline   Reply With Quote