Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 07-27-2018, 12:37 PM   #181
slickrick
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulhym View Post
I can already picture an XM 1/4 Grievous wielding 4 LED powered lightsabers in a dynamic pose....INSTANT GRAIL!
I was able to pre-order Maul in the last second. The XM dealer had only one spot left! I plan on displaying Maul next to my 1/4 XM Boba Fett and 1/4 Iron Studios Hoth Darth Vader... I could only imagine if they did do a General Grievous. Imagine how awesome that'll look! sigh,,,
slickrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 03:04 PM   #182
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
A big part of XM’s Star Wars product lack of success is the territory restrictions put on it. If it was a worldwide license it’d be much more successful as SW isn’t that popular in large markets like China. Without the US it’s hard to sustain. Add to that the Disney approval process and you’ve got a line that sadly sn’t worth the investment for the company.
You said it all pretty much right on point. I doubt we will see anything beyond Darth Maul...BUT...I could be wrong.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 03:06 PM   #183
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember Me? View Post
Why would they? XM and SS don't really get along.
I don't think that is how it works. I think XM has reached out to SS...but us blabberous XM fans probably rubbed SS the wrong way. Plus XM tends to want to keep ES low...lower than SS does usually. Also add the reasons Hellboy mentioned. Probably all these factors.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 03:20 PM   #184
Conehead
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bObA_fEtt_Ox View Post
Apparently since Lucas and Disney are too slow to give some approvals, XM studios could stop Star Wars licence...

So lame because they make a so awesome job and could provide us so many fantastic statues.

I would have badly wanted an awesome Jango, as nice as Boba...
Would love to see more XM Star Wars ,,,,sad to hear the approvals are slow.
Conehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 06:45 PM   #185
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
I don't think that is how it works. I think XM has reached out to SS...but us blabberous XM fans probably rubbed SS the wrong way. Plus XM tends to want to keep ES low...lower than SS does usually. Also add the reasons Hellboy mentioned. Probably all these factors.

Long story short, one of XM sculptors (before he started working for XM) used to modify Sideshow statues for people in Singapore who didn't want the mix media due to the high humidity, that was ok but then he started casting them and selling them, he says he regrets doing it and apologized for it...

The other factor is probably XM was SS first real competition and everyone was comparing XM excellent QC to SS questionable QC at the time and I'm sure SS didn't like that...

That's what I've heard anyways...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 03:42 AM   #186
bObA_fEtt_Ox
Hydra

Nothing new to report regarding this ?
Did they confirm they cancel the SW licence or is it still a hope they can make fantastic statues like Boba Fett or Darth Maul ?
bObA_fEtt_Ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 04:27 AM   #187
Nebulhym
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Long story short, one of XM sculptors (before he started working for XM) used to modify Sideshow statues for people in Singapore who didn't want the mix media due to the high humidity, that was ok but then he started casting them and selling them, he says he regrets doing it and apologized for it...

The other factor is probably XM was SS first real competition and everyone was comparing XM excellent QC to SS questionable QC at the time and I'm sure SS didn't like that...

That's what I've heard anyways...
That's interesting news!

What's even more funny is that Sideshow's QC has never been worse. So I guess they are well aware of their US monopoly and probably won't do anything to fix that.
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 08:41 AM   #188
sparda
The Avengers

Alex Thomas had a chat with several of the XM lads and they told him that while GG is cancelled, the star wars line is very much alive. So not to worry lads!
sparda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 04:49 PM   #189
bObA_fEtt_Ox
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparda View Post
Alex Thomas had a chat with several of the XM lads and they told him that while GG is cancelled, the star wars line is very much alive. So not to worry lads!
That is a very very good news !
I am sad GG is cancelled since he was supposed to be the most impressive SW statue ever, but hapy to hear they still have the licence, Jango Fett is still possible !
Thanks for your input here sparda
bObA_fEtt_Ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 09:27 PM   #190
built2shred
Phoenix

If they're going to keep the license I hope we get a 100% sculpted Leia and Han...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote