Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 09-02-2022, 11:36 AM   #261
starwind5353
Doh!

Kinda late on posting (as I got them in February) but I can't say enough how much I love these statues. Been collecting Mika stuff for years and these really are centerpieces. Both of mine have fantastic paint apps and I am so glad they came out when they did (as the $650 price tag now on new PCS SP would have forced me to pick one or pass).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20220213_005241.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	376.5 KB
ID:	153424   Click image for larger version

Name:	20220209_180002.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	381.1 KB
ID:	153425   Click image for larger version

Name:	20220829_162517.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	373.3 KB
ID:	153426  
starwind5353 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 11:57 AM   #262
goatchumby
The Herculoids

So glad that you’re happy with them. The PCS Mikas were in my top 3 favorite releases of all time, so it’s great to see people get well-painted ones. Also, cool Megahouse Mika!
goatchumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 12:07 PM   #263
Westhelle
Shadowhawk

Mika looks amazing. Looks exactly like the source material. I hope Menat will turn out as good as her.
Westhelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 02:32 AM   #264
goatchumby
The Herculoids

As of now, both Mikas are included in Sideshow's current BOGO 50% off sale. Very jealous of that price point.
goatchumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 04:19 AM   #265
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Effectively 25% off is nothing to write home about when this line is inflated in price by nearly 100%. Some of these are $600 despite having the complexity and size of a $300 statue
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 04:46 PM   #266
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
Effectively 25% off is nothing to write home about when this line is inflated in price by nearly 100%. Some of these are $600 despite having the complexity and size of a $300 statue
I remember when PCS was bought, there was a claim about keeping edition sizes low...(nope). Then keeping prices low...(nope). Now it's about quality...(middle of the pack, at best)...
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 04:51 PM   #267
Fullscale_PCS
Company Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
I remember when PCS was bought, there was a claim about keeping edition sizes low...(nope). Then keeping prices low...(nope). Now it's about quality...(middle of the pack, at best)...
Deadpool 1/3 is 500 es. Last Ronin supreme is 1000 and we probably could have easily done 3000 on the supreme and sold it cheaper and still easily sold out. We are leaning more into larger and more premium pieces with lower edition sizes. It takes time to make big changes and keep supplier relationships in good order. We have new factories working on newer pieces and we're very pleased with the results. Last Ronin in particular looks like a prototype paint app. What's the last piece you had in hand?
Fullscale_PCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 05:25 PM   #268
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullscale_PCS View Post
Deadpool 1/3 is 500 es. Last Ronin supreme is 1000 and we probably could have easily done 3000 on the supreme and sold it cheaper and still easily sold out. We are leaning more into larger and more premium pieces with lower edition sizes. It takes time to make big changes and keep supplier relationships in good order. We have new factories working on newer pieces and we're very pleased with the results. Last Ronin in particular looks like a prototype paint app. What's the last piece you had in hand?
To be fair, you have a point - I'm not speaking from much first-hand experience. My last piece would be Chun-Li swimsuit. But this line in particular has consistently given the impression of being over-priced (compounded by being under-sized), with too high edition sizes. Being a Street Fighter fan though, and realizing the current difficulties selling Street Fighter product, I hesitate to complain too much. (I'm biding my time until you guys hopefully put out more 1/4 Street Fighter content that isn't just swimsuits.) I'm committed to PCS Street Fighter, and consider - but ultimately pass - on other companies.

As for other licenses, I've been a spectator. I'm aware of the consensus on the forums though, and I see how product sits at Sideshow. I realize that it's a different time in the industry now than just a few years ago, and sellouts aren't as common. But we'll have to agree to disagree regarding defining 500 of an expensive 1/3 statue, or 1/4 statues in quadruple digits as 'low edition sizes'.

I'm primarily interested in fighting game lines. I hope your Killer Instinct line does well, and I'd like to see you get the license to the recent Samurai Shodown (2019) reboot. PCS's style is well suited to that game's animated artstyle.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 05:41 PM   #269
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullscale_PCS View Post
Well I?ve been pretty happy lol. Mika was my last piece, but I?ve enjoyed seeing the 1/3 ladies and whatnot.

Please, may I divert your attention to the HUGO/POISON thread, where we $1,600 dollar customers desperately require an update of ANY kind.

Thank you.
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote