Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-29-2020, 08:27 PM   #61
MgMorden
Frackin!

A lot of auction sites have this issue. I've seen airplane listings listed as "Luscombe 8 NOT Piper, Cessna, Beechcraft, Aeronca".

Or on a firearms listing "Ruger P95 NOT Glock, Beretta, CZ, Remington".

It's annoying. Personally, I have a personal rule that even if the listing IS for what I'm searching for, I won't buy from anyone using the "NOT" listing. If I search for "Sideshow Jean Grey" and I get a "Sideshow Jean Grey NOT Bowen, XM, Kotobukiya" then I'll not bid on it even if its what I'm looking for.

That may sound silly, but from my perspective as a buyer, the seller is already starting out with deceptive and dishonest behavior. If anything goes wrong in this transaction its already an indicator of their character and I want nothing to do with it.
MgMorden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 11:00 PM   #62
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Doesn't sound silly at all...in fact, I think I'll adopt the same philosophy.
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 04:16 AM   #63
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by MgMorden View Post
A lot of auction sites have this issue. I've seen airplane listings listed as "Luscombe 8 NOT Piper, Cessna, Beechcraft, Aeronca".

Casually shopping for airplanes, way to make us all feel insignificant

This is the listing you're looking for, fully restored F4u (Not P-51, P-47, Spitfire MK.9 or ME-109)

https://www.platinumfighters.com/f4u5n
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 12:10 PM   #64
built2shred
Phoenix

I'm going to start using that in my posts of new threads...

I'll post in the Sideshow Section "NEW X-MEN NIGHTCRAWLER not ss, xm, koto" and then posts pictures of an action figure, that way people will read my posts more
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 03:43 PM   #65
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 04:11 PM   #66
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
You had the audacity to claim people would be happy to get blasted with adds for Corollas when looking for a Lexus. What a moronic take! The entire site would be useless if they followed your lead.
Hey buddy, I'm sorry for getting personal, I dont know you or anybody else on here, I understand its Ebay's policy and that's fine, I just think it's not that big of a thing if the person means nothing misleading, and of course the car thing was a joke, I own a toyota 86 right now, I know the difference between a Corolla and a Lexus, but honestly nothing wrong with a Corolla those things will run forever, and I'm not a sideshow hater, I love them actually, but I know most of this stuff isnt gonna be valuable down the line because in 20 years there probably gonna be life like or something, so last thing, I'm with you guys it's better to not list stuff that way, but I dont hate anybody who does
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 06:09 PM   #67
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Sideshow is using some automated software to remove people’s eBay listings if they mention iron man or Spider-Man with ss, I had bunch marvel art prints I picked up from nycc removed for vero (whatever that means), only thing I can think of is I might left sideshow as the brand as I just reuse my old auction, who wants to refill all that listing shipping details. Now all my art prints listings are gone I can’t even edit them to fix it, have to create brand new listing and write all that descriptions again

What a dick move. Why don’t you actually go after the Chinese sellers who is recasting your statues instead of ppl like me trying to sell some art prints I purchased directly from the artist in comic con. ,,!,,
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 03:47 AM   #68
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
Sideshow is using some automated software to remove people’s eBay listings if they mention iron man or Spider-Man with ss, I had bunch marvel art prints I picked up from nycc removed for vero (whatever that means), only thing I can think of is I might left sideshow as the brand as I just reuse my old auction, who wants to refill all that listing shipping details. Now all my art prints listings are gone I can’t even edit them to fix it, have to create brand new listing and write all that descriptions again

What a dick move. Why don’t you actually go after the Chinese sellers who is recasting your statues instead of ppl like me trying to sell some art prints I purchased directly from the artist in comic con. ,,!,,
They can careless about the recast. And there is a ton of them out there from doom, hulk, wolf predator lsf, Thanos, to many of the new releases. I guess as long as they make the money from buyers they just don't care what happens afterwards. Sucks for the buyers knowing people could buy the recast thinking it's real along with recast ex parts that devalue our statues. I've reported those recast years ago many times and ebay and sideshow does nothing. So I gave up. Sideshow could use the Vero to end all the tons of sideshow recast out there if they reported it too ebay. But nothing has happen at all.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote