Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-27-2020, 08:24 AM   #41
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

I can't believe anyone gives a ----. I just picture people acting like they're under a time crunch to find something with a little countdown clock in the corner. Find what you want in 30 seconds or miss out on it forever! If only there weren't extra listings in this search!

Personally, I've never searched for something on eBay and been mad about what pops up. I've never done a search and been mad that someone put "NOT ____ " in the title. Sometimes I've found some cool stuff that I wasn't looking for/didn't know about on some searches, but most of the time I scroll past without throwing a fit.

Out of all of eBay's policies to ----- about, this falls at the bottom of my list.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 09:52 AM   #42
adee
Green Arrow

I still can't figure out why Sideshow would care about these kinds of listings. Not sure why ebay would care either. I would think they'd want to get as many listings in front of buyers as possible.
adee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 10:02 AM   #43
built2shred
Phoenix

You guys sound like used car salesman trying to defend a practice of trying to trick people into seeing your ad, where's the honesty?!?
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 10:31 AM   #44
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
You guys sound like used car salesman trying to defend a practice of trying to trick people into seeing your ad, where's the honesty?!?
I’m not defending it, I get that people find it annoying I just don’t understand what eBay has to gain from it other than a slightly more accurate search result. Why Sideshow would even be involved at all in this type of listing escapes me.
adee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 05:23 PM   #45
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

I think putting "not" something in your advertisement is a deceptive practice although creative in beating the search engine. It is a good thing to have such things removed. My 2 cents.
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 06:21 PM   #46
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
No you have an axe to grind and it’s annoying as F’. Almost as annoying as wading through bogus Not listings.

Also a pretty big assumption on the OP’s part on who reported the add. Could have been a frustrated buyer that had enough. Not that it matters, still against eBay policy.
Haha, do you work for sideshow, or are you just trying to argue a point? I've NEVER listed anything that way, I was simply taking up for the other person, if you dont like seeing extra things in your search I'm sorry, but I think it's not a big deal, your just trying to get people to see your listing, which is exactly what the original poster said they were doing because it had been listed forever, and what's annoying as f**k? a different opinion? Because guess what I dont care, I have to read your annoying replies, so get over yourself, theres no axe to grind, if you actually read my post I made it pretty clear, you SHOULD NOT try to scam people or sideshow, however just hoping a few extra people see your listing is not a big deal, some of you take this stuff WAY too seriously, this isn't theft or murder JESUS! I'm done, please feel free to educate me again on YOUR opinion, because I dont give a f**k
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 07:45 PM   #47
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
I can't believe anyone gives a ----. I just picture people acting like they're under a time crunch to find something with a little countdown clock in the corner. Find what you want in 30 seconds or miss out on it forever! If only there weren't extra listings in this search!

Personally, I've never searched for something on eBay and been mad about what pops up. I've never done a search and been mad that someone put "NOT ____ " in the title. Sometimes I've found some cool stuff that I wasn't looking for/didn't know about on some searches, but most of the time I scroll past without throwing a fit.

Out of all of eBay's policies to ----- about, this falls at the bottom of my list.
It falls under junk mail, spam, and robo calls. All annoying just some more than others.
Old 06-27-2020, 09:32 PM   #48
tonytiger
The X-Men

Don't think it was anybody else..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
No you have an axe to grind and it’s annoying as F’. Almost as annoying as wading through bogus Not listings.

Also a pretty big assumption on the OP’s part on who reported the add. Could have been a frustrated buyer that had enough. Not that it matters, still against eBay policy.
We had to remove your listing because it didn’t follow our VeRO Brand Name Misuse Policy. You may not use brands names in your listings if the product isn’t manufactured by or compatible with that brand
What activity didn't follow the policy

Activity on your account didn’t follow our policy. More specific details are provided below.
What you need to do next

Please ensure your current and future listings follow this policy.

What is the policy

- Your listing was reported by Sideshow Inc. dba Sideshow Collectibles for using their brand name inappropriately. eBay’s Verified Rights Owner (VeRO) program offers intellectual property owner(s) a way to report listings that they believe infringe on their rights
- Brand names cannot be used in listings if the product isn’t manufactured by, or compatible with, that brand. You may use "compatible with", "fits", or "for" before a brand name, if the item described is specifically designed to be compatible with the products of that brand
- If you believe a mistake has been made, you will need to contact the rights owner directly. If the rights owner approves your appeal, please have them contact us directly to reinstate your listing(s)

You can send an email to:
sideshowcollectibles-bp@redpoints.com

How this affects your account

Because you may not have been aware of this policy, we're sending this notice to educate you about it and ask that you follow this policy in the future.

- Listings that didn't follow this policy have been ended.

We have credited all associated fees except for payments processing fees and the final value fee for your listing(s).

Listings that don't follow this policy in the future will be ended. In addition, there will be a temporary 3-day restriction placed on your account, and your other listings will be hidden from search during this period. All fees paid or payable for listings that are ended and/or hidden from search will not be refunded or otherwise credited to your account.

Why we have this policy

This rule helps to ensure that eBay users trust our marketplace, and comply with the law.

More information and help

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/l...rogram?id=4349
Listings not following policy

303103818468 - DOOM not Sideshow or XM

We appreciate your understanding.
tonytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 10:18 PM   #49
built2shred
Phoenix

I'm guessing Sideshow doesn't want people to misread it or not notice the "not" in the title and think the statue is actually a Sideshow piece...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 11:03 PM   #50
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post
Oh, I can do that.
You can easily find on Ebay my Ferrari Special Edition NOT Lambo:
I take it all back... the "not" can help you find your dream car!
V4XCollect is offline   Reply With Quote