Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-30-2020, 06:54 PM   #41
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ten View Post
Sorry to go off topic but no reveals then today?
No, nothing today. I imagine they'll be saving up reveals until the Online Con stats on July 20th.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 08:51 PM   #42
The World
Justice League

You know, I'm wondering if producers are going to look at the cost savings of doing these online instead of having a physical convention presence and think...why not just do this from now on?

How much could we see the industry change in the post-COVID future?
The World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 09:09 PM   #43
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by The World View Post
You know, I'm wondering if producers are going to look at the cost savings of doing these online instead of having a physical convention presence and think...why not just do this from now on?

The problem is that I don’t see them capturing new customers with the online event, which I think is a big plus of setting up at shows.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 09:17 PM   #44
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by The World View Post

Saving money is great but it also depends on the potential to make more money. This year will give insights as to how these virtual events impact sales differently than in-person events and we’ll see by next year how companies move forward once they analyze their sales.

It also depends on buying/spending habits of people. Virtual events sound great during this time but there’s also nothing like actual collectors and fans experiencing events, taking pics and videos in person, delivering feedback to the community, etc, like what It’s Sisko does.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 09:22 PM   #45
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
The problem is that I don’t see them capturing new customers with the online event, which I think is a big plus of setting up at shows.
That, too. I recall going to a convention with a friend and I wanted to see the statues, something he didn’t pay attention to at the time but he was impressed with what he saw and now he buys statues, too.

Unless they’re doing some heavy external advertising, online events are really just preaching to the choir, the ones already invested and know that things are coming. Great for us, not great for the business’ potential reach beyond the existing regular customers.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 10:59 PM   #46
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
taking pics and videos in person, delivering feedback to the community, etc, like what It’s Sisko does.
Aw man, just realized we likely aren't going to get any new content from Sisko this year...hearing her adorable Aussie accent as she delivers great quality footage across numerous conventions
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 11:01 PM   #47
Mister H
Gen 13

Maybe nearmint can do a video review of nbr3bagshotrow’s display? That’s like a whole convention itself.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 01:36 PM   #48
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Maybe nearmint can do a video review of nbr3bagshotrow’s display? That’s like a whole convention itself.
This is a pretty damn solid idea. Have people with larger collections, and skills from doing videos walk around their displays and talk about the pieces. It would be great to see old pieces featured while we sit here...bored...waiting for new statues. Or rather, pictures and outlines of new statues.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 01:50 PM   #49
Biggunz
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulhym View Post
You are wasting your time with this guy. Sideshow is the company that has raised its prices the most.

Sheepshow could crap on his head, he would still lick their butt.

The other companies don't do the gimmicky reward points because they actually put VALUE in their statues. None of that 6k production run crap. Do you honestly think that any factory can spend as much time on QC on a 900 run as on a 6k run? And I am not even talking about the most hollow and thinnest casting in the industry. It's a well known fact.

In the end, you know what you are paying for. The lowest production value and quality by far! But hey! Look over here, you can get SWAG!!
Your right in a lot of ways NEB. I feel what your saying for sure and I too was at fault for thinking similarily until I got crapped on enough. Prices have gone up dramatically and Greedshow has paved the way. Allegory of the Cave.When you can literally get a lot of their big ticket stuff at half the price and at better quality that's a problem. When sideshow tried to raise the prices so high to cut out scalpers on the aftermarket they created an even bigger problem for themselves at least IMO. In some of these instances based on options a collector has customers are now paying at least $500-$600 extra dollars for a cardboard box and to top that off now some are ok without even getting an art box and think it's ok to just get cardboard SMHiii.

Riddle me that Batman
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 02:06 PM   #50
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Yeah, Greedshow, they only company to raise prices, everyone else is free! Oh what magical force do you possess Greedshow to force people to continue buying from you?

Broken record.

How it relates to this online comic con I have no idea. Guess I’ll go buy three XM statues with the $5 they just gave me.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote