Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-01-2020, 03:57 PM   #51
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
For currently available statues, have the payment plans always been a maximum of 3 payments?
My Hawkgirl PF is on payment 6 of 8 (8th happens when she ships).
Augen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 04:13 PM   #52
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I tried to explain to a friend how their buying habits was counter intuitive and burning money. They got a television on sale from $1500 down to $1000. However, after the accumulated high credit card interest it cost them $2000 when it was finally paid off.

I know denying yourself things is hard, especially when you don't get many luxuries, but these kind of financial practices are keeping people in these cycles of debt and poverty.
I agree. I’ve been fairly fortunate and I think in my entire adult life, I think I’ve only been hit with an interest penalty maybe twice, and both times I was just a couple days late paying off the credit card. I was taught to always pay the credit card in full as it’ll add up extremely fast, as it becomes like a black hole that you can’t escape, and in order to achieve this I’ve sometimes had to be willing to cut expenses.... like food
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 04:23 PM   #53
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
My Hawkgirl PF is on payment 6 of 8 (8th happens when she ships).
thats still on preorder status, hes talking about statues that are in stock. and yes i believe they have always been 3 payments

it was recently brought to my attention though you can use paypal credit which gives you 12 months interest free payments on anything above $300 and 24 months on anything above $600. this hobbies a slippery slope...
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 04:25 PM   #54
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
thats still on preorder status, hes talking about statues that are in stock. and yes i believe they have always been 3 payments

it was recently brought to my attention though you can use paypal credit which gives you 12 months interest free payments on anything above $300 and 24 months on anything above $600. this hobbies a slippery slope...
Oh, my bad then. I've not done payment plans after apiece is available.
Augen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 05:17 PM   #55
tonytiger
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post

Yea paypal is great But? you can only pay it thru your bank account or debit card..Not a credit card which sucks as i have my own credit card and our bank account is joint..See the problem..
tonytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 05:24 PM   #56
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytiger View Post
Yea paypal is great But? you can only pay it thru your bank account or debit card..Not a credit card which sucks as i have my own credit card and our bank account is joint..See the problem..
I’ve currently have my normal Paypal account connected to my credit card facilities.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 05:59 PM   #57
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
Anyone who uses this to buy a statue of a comic book character.....man. They’ve got some problems.
This
Chris
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 09:55 PM   #58
Comicbookguy
Hercules

I bet some people here has at least 25-50 preorders right now with all the companies coming releases. It's very common at one point t I had 30 preorders easy. Many here has even more. The wanting it all mentality is very difficult to break once you're in deep. the obvious reasons would be to want one of every character or everything that looks cool.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 11:28 PM   #59
built2shred
Phoenix

I have about 12 XM pre-orders, 4 SS pre-orders atm, plus 3 custom pre-orders...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 12:26 AM   #60
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
I bet some people here has at least 25-50 preorders right now with all the companies coming releases. It's very common at one point t I had 30 preorders easy. Many here has even more. The wanting it all mentality is very difficult to break once you're in deep. the obvious reasons would be to want one of every character or everything that looks cool.
When I started I had about 20 with SS and a few with other stores. I fell into the trap (my own fault) but learned here how to focus and learn good habits. I learned fast when I had 4 P1 preorder invoices come at the same time. Explaining away what I did with 8K in 1 month was a low point. What I really want is SS to allow me to get rid of my cancelled order list, it’s just embarrassing.
eternalblue02 is online now   Reply With Quote