Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 06-01-2016, 12:52 PM   #1
Serendipity_Art
A day without sunshine is like... night.

60 Day Commission Guarantee - Serendipity Art Sales

Being a rep as well as a collector, I’ve seen both the very good as well as the very bad of commission collecting from two different perspectives. While the majority of commissions go very smoothly, there’s always the odd job where things just don’t work out.

In an effort to protect both artists and clients, I spoke with my clients as well as other artists and have come up with a new commission policy. We’ve eliminated all risk on the collector’s part while at the same time protecting the artists from completing work and getting stiffed.

The key to a successful and fun commission experience is communication. This policy stresses regular communication throughout the process.

The following policy applies to and has been agreed upon with all artists represented by Serendipity Art Sales.

1. 100% free to be on wait list. – Client can be added to any of our artist’s wait list with absolutely no money and no commitment.
2. When the artist is ready to begin piece, payment is due in full from the client.
3. Payment will be held in escrow by Serendipity Art Sales. The artist receives payment when the commission is complete!
4. Commissions will be completed within 60 days of payment or client will be offered a chance to cancel the commission and receive a FULL REFUND. *
5. Client has the option to waive the refund and grant an extension. Extensions will be granted in 14 day blocks. After each 14 day extension, the client will have the option to cancel their order and receive a full refund if the art is still not complete.
6. Any special requests for the commissions must be made before the work begins, such as costumes, settings, etc. This is the stage to make sure the artist understands what the client want.
7. It will be up the artists discretion if they want to send out a preliminary sketch for the client’s approval. Once they’ve approved this prelim any major changes will not be possible. **
8. Upon completion, a scan/photo of artwork will be sent to the client and your artwork will be shipped! ***

* 60 day completion guarantee only applies to standard size (up to 11×17) pieces with no more than four characters. Larger or more complex pieces will have a negotiated completion date agreed upon between the client and SAS.
** All delay time incurred during approval stages is added to the 60 day finish date.
*** All preliminary work/sketches will be retained by artist unless otherwise agreed upon.

Serendipity Art Sales Commissions and Original Art
Serendipity_Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 01:57 PM   #2
Mr. Machismo
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Solid. Nice idea, hope you do well with it.
Mr. Machismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 04:14 PM   #3
Ghost9
U talkin' to me?

I love this, and applaud you for hearing the client's (and artist's) perspectives. This is what the fans have been asking for, and I hope it goes smoothly for you. I'm going to check out your roster of artists. Only potential hang-up I could see is that the client and artist should agree beforehand whether prelims will be sent before finishing the piece. If it's at the artist's discretion, there may be great chance of the client not being happy with the end result. The more communication, the better IMO.
Ghost9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 05:05 PM   #4
Serendipity_Art

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost9 View Post
I love this, and applaud you for hearing the client's (and artist's) perspectives. This is what the fans have been asking for, and I hope it goes smoothly for you. I'm going to check out your roster of artists. Only potential hang-up I could see is that the client and artist should agree beforehand whether prelims will be sent before finishing the piece. If it's at the artist's discretion, there may be great chance of the client not being happy with the end result. The more communication, the better IMO.
As far as the prelims go, just ask and we'll make it happen. We want to make sure you're happy with what you're getting.
Old 06-02-2016, 01:24 AM   #5
Arcusprime
Shadowhawk

This is great! I hope you are successful! I will be checking your site out right away!

Edit to say: Okay, I checked out your site and artist roster, and Oh boy, you're going to be getting some business from me.

Last edited by Arcusprime; 06-02-2016 at 01:27 AM. Reason: additional words
Arcusprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 08:44 AM   #6
carlito1978
Hellfire Club

Has Larry stroman cleaned up his past dues?
carlito1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 01:48 PM   #7
Serendipity_Art

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlito1978 View Post
Has Larry stroman cleaned up his past dues?
All of them he's got through the site he has.

I don't have records of any other transactions that are done outside the site and can't really hold his feet to the fire for those. All I can tell him is that it's bad for business to let them linger out there and not take care of them.

In a perfect world, he would just send clients my way so I could handle the transactions for him and keep him in good standing with his fans. It's something that's a work in progress.

It would also help if clients didn't try to bypass me thinking they will get a cheaper price. I know plenty of people think of reps as an unnecessary middle men. Funny how a lot of those people end up asking me for help in getting their pieces to them.

Some artists are great at handling their own stuff and don't need reps. Then there are artists who don't want to spend the time answering e-mails, negotiating prices on OA, website and social media updates, and deal with shipping. Amazingly enough, that's where I come in and handle it for them so they can concentrate on art and have some kind of social life.

However, I always like helping out people and want to rebuild artists' reputations that have taken a hit. I will pass along messages sent to me regarding unfulfilled commissions and encourage both sides to let me handle things in the future.
Old 06-05-2016, 04:22 AM   #8
rjs1162
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I would love to get a Stroman piece one of these days! I guess it would be sooner than later now!
rjs1162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 11:05 AM   #9
Marcial
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

How would you handle it if I had a "Jam" piece with several characters already sketched out (rough layout) and would like for some of your artists to complete a character? Such as the attached image.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender 2.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	282.2 KB
ID:	96329  
Marcial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 01:00 PM   #10
Serendipity_Art

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcial View Post
How would you handle it if I had a "Jam" piece with several characters already sketched out (rough layout) and would like for some of your artists to complete a character? Such as the attached image.
I've done a couple jams personally, so it wouldn't be a problem. I have quite a few of my artists in local vicinity, but could also ship to other artists. That's where it could get spendy for you though, with shipping to multiple artists, and I wouldn't ship a jam piece without it being insured.
Would love to help out, jam pieces are fun!