Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 06-14-2014, 03:49 AM   #11
Sledge Hammer!
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I wouldn't hold your breath. I don't get the logic of it either, but I've seen plenty of statues sit on Ebay for, quite literally, years, because of the ridiculous never-gonna-sell prices they have attached to them. And then, of course, other sellers come along, see the ridiculous asking price, think that represents the market price of the statue they want to sell, and put it up for a similar price as well, which often leads to a whole bunch of over-priced statues sitting on Ebay, collecting virtual dust.

The other thing that happens a lot is that people will see that one particular statue is a hot commodity, and then for some reason think that means that every statue featuring the same character must also be equally expensive and in demand, so they list statues that no one is looking for, or would ever pay premium prices for, at ridiculously high prices.

Crazy stuff.
Sledge Hammer! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 08:02 PM   #12
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Getting that Christmas Harley. Very cute. Passed on the original version too.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 09:20 AM   #13
rykerw1701
Justice League

Since there's no set edition size on any of the Bombshells I know about, I suspect DC will happily keep issuing them as long as they see demand. So the big prices are pretty nuts. I accidentally ordered 2 Harleys, and was happy the second one paid for the first.

As an aside, I've been on ebay sporadically since 1998. It seems to me there's more "Buy it now" at nuts prices rather than real auctions than ever before.
rykerw1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 10:14 AM   #14
Markhatestoys
Justice League

Yeah, that's how it works--auctions tend to be where items go for their actual value (unless the seller starts the auction at a ridiculous price, then no one bids) while the Buy It Now sales can often tend to be asking for the moon prices. And with Harley, these sellers do not want to change their tune. They want a 250% - 300% markup, seemingly for anything Harley related. I wonder how long it will take for the Sideshow 1/6 Harley action figure to start getting insane prices.
Markhatestoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 10:16 AM   #15
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

At the Denver comic-con Tim MIller had a booth which was obviously partnered with DC as he had models at his booth for many of the DC Bombshell statues.

Old 06-16-2014, 03:24 PM   #16
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Does anyone actually think the factory has learned their lesson with the other Bombshells and have figured out how to keep the nameplates from breaking???

No rivets on the nameplate for the Holiday Harley?
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 06:18 PM   #17
SculptorTim
Sculptor
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rykerw1701 View Post
Since there's no set edition size on any of the Bombshells I know about, I suspect DC will happily keep issuing them as long as they see demand.
The maximum edition size on each of the Bombshells is set at 5200. If there's a reissue of a previously released statue, it's because they didn't sell through the entire 5200 pieces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markhatestoys View Post
Yeah, that's how it works--auctions tend to be where items go for their actual value (unless the seller starts the auction at a ridiculous price, then no one bids) while the Buy It Now sales can often tend to be asking for the moon prices. And with Harley, these sellers do not want to change their tune. They want a 250% - 300% markup, seemingly for anything Harley related. I wonder how long it will take for the Sideshow 1/6 Harley action figure to start getting insane prices.
Bombshell Harley did sell through the entire 5200 pieces inside of a month. Just saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
At the Denver comic-con Tim Miller had a booth which was obviously partnered with DC as he had models at his booth for many of the DC Bombshell statues.
Thanks for the vote of confidence, but DC wasn't partnered with me at DCC. The cosplayers just love the Bombshell designs!
SculptorTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 07:20 PM   #18
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SculptorTim View Post

Thanks for the vote of confidence, but DC wasn't partnered with me at DCC. The cosplayers just love the Bombshell designs!
Cool. Was the Supergirl the one model you typically use?

She is hawt!
Old 06-17-2014, 01:49 AM   #19
CallMeTheDoctor
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

I'd love to meet that Mera cosplayer
CallMeTheDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 12:00 AM   #20
Doctor Doom
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Harley for me please!
Doctor Doom is offline   Reply With Quote