Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-24-2019, 04:27 AM   #41
Rom-El
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Arnold passing the torch to the girl terminator or something ? I saw so little Arnold.... :/ I want more Arnold, No Arnold, No Sale...

Arnold ! Arnold !! Arnold !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I have a feeling Arnold only has a very small cameo in this movie...
I'm worried about Arnold's role too. A new interview with James Cameron came out and he said [*POSSIBLE SPOILER*] the filmmakers weren't planning on including Arnold but when Cameron got involved he insisted they include Arnold to "pass the torch".

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
Dark Fate looks to be the dictionary definition of a rebootquel. My guess as to how it goes: Just like T3, Skynet becomes self-aware, it just happens later. So the events of T1 happen again with different players, at a later time and with different tech. The young woman being the mother of the resistance leader (most likely to be a woman this time because that’s what Hollywood does now). You’ll have Sarah still expecting Judgement Day to happen. Arnie possibly the Miles Dyson replacement in the story. Female Kyle Reese replacement hinted as so advanced technoganic cyborg human enhancement.
You're probably right. What they did at the end of T2 probably delays Judgement Day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I'm gonna ----- and moan and then go see it.
Same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruson View Post
Love 1 and 2 and even liked 3 but hated the rest.
There's a lot of 3 that feels cheap but I like the feel of the California desert and that a lot of time is spent there.

Genisys was woeful. I liked some parts of Salvation mainly the scenes with Kyle and Marcus on the run near the beginning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post
If they had did the future war as depicted in the first film that would have been great. But we never got that and it's far too late now.
Yes that is what we have been waiting for and we never really got a full and satisfying depiction of it. Guess the T1 and T2 flashbacks will have to do.
Rom-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 10:16 AM   #42
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
A good villian would be a human sent back in time to kill whom ever. You could show them being offered godlike power upon the completion of the job. You could see the true evil of the villain by the way he is willing to doom all of mankind for a more pleasurable life for himself.
That...actually sounds really cool and compelling. The "unstoppable force" chasing you was done great twice, but that well feels dry.

"Humanity's downfall is inevitable. I saw us for what we were, a species bent on causing its own extinction. If not the machines? War, pollution, disease, we would find a way. I have no delusions of morality, I've done horrible things in my pursuit of immortality. You'll have to forgive me, for I am only human."
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 10:18 AM   #43
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

The trailer was kind of underwhelming IMO...
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 10:33 PM   #44
Rom-El
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
A good villian would be a human sent back in time to kill whom ever. You could show them being offered godlike power upon the completion of the job. You could see the true evil of the villain by the way he is willing to doom all of mankind for a more pleasurable life for himself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
That...actually sounds really cool and compelling. The "unstoppable force" chasing you was done great twice, but that well feels dry.

"Humanity's downfall is inevitable. I saw us for what we were, a species bent on causing its own extinction. If not the machines? War, pollution, disease, we would find a way. I have no delusions of morality, I've done horrible things in my pursuit of immortality. You'll have to forgive me, for I am only human."
That could be interesting to see. Some of the twists they tried with Salvation and Genisys weren't that successful, but this kind of reversal could be good. A human assassin would have to be very skilled to go up against Terminators, obviously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
I'm hoping for the best for this movie. Hope there are some pleasant surprises.
Old 05-25-2019, 10:41 AM   #45
nameivom
The Herculoids

I am worried a bit. Cameron seems to be attached not because he cares about the story but that he only cares to pad his Avatar sequel budget. If it was a story worth telling he would be directing wouldn't he (with his ego)? I am also getting the feeling the Linda + Arnold show is going to be mostly fan service bit parts. I would not be surprised if Linda is going to ultimately get the Harrison Ford/Jaime Lee Curtis treatment (From TFA and Halloween) here...small role to end her character arc and move on.
nameivom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 07:03 PM   #46
Rom-El
Blue Falcon

I seem to remember Cameron also endorsed Genisys at its time of release. I really hope he has made some real contribution.
Old 05-25-2019, 07:55 PM   #47
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rom-El View Post
I seem to remember Cameron also endorsed Genisys at its time of release. I really hope he has made some real contribution.
Highly doubtful. For the better part of the past decade he’s been all in on his Avatar sequels nobody asked for.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 12:21 AM   #48
off
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
Yep. Right there with you.
off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 03:01 PM   #49
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

I'll pass.
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 12:20 AM   #50
Gruson
Suicide Squad

New trailer is out and so much better than that first one. They actually used the Terminator themes in it instead of some dumb song. Works so much better and I’ll actually see it now.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote