Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 07-15-2018, 09:20 PM   #21
Frankierock
Omega Red

Fortnite sale starting this coming Tuesday...not sure what will be on sale but it looks to be a few founders packs. So just a heads up.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 08:27 AM   #22
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankierock View Post
He works for the company in Finance...but not on actual game.

Still cool in my book, especially since game took off out of nowhere.

It's all my son and his friends want to play.. I tried it and I think it's cool, don't love it but it's definitely different.
My 11 yr old still doesn't get I've been playing video games since Atari 2600, so a game has to have a lot of new stuff for me to get excited over. He thinks I'm nuts not playing this 24-7.
Yep, I'm in Finance. Still get to play a little bit as stuff is developed. Glad your son and friends are enjoying it!!
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 08:49 PM   #23
Frankierock
Omega Red

Son of a B!!! So been playing this with my son....now I am totally into this as well...the challenges make this game what it is...very very good...
Old 09-14-2018, 09:52 PM   #24
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Son of a B!!! So been playing this with my son....now I am totally into this as well...the challenges make this game what it is...very very good...
awesome to hear! I play with my youngest daughter!
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 01:35 AM   #25
Frankierock
Omega Red

So it's official, my son and I are both addicted to this game. He's much more into than I am with his friends, but I can not deny I play at least an hour a night. And forget about the Skins, I have about 40 now..wish i could get the exclusive Xbox or Galaxy skins...but not willing to shell out big bucks for those..but definitely have spent over 300 bucks for my son and I, including battle passes for us both.
Old 01-22-2019, 12:13 AM   #26
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Quote:
So it's official, my son and I are both addicted to this game. He's much more into than I am with his friends, but I can not deny I play at least an hour a night. And forget about the Skins, I have about 40 now..wish i could get the exclusive Xbox or Galaxy skins...but not willing to shell out big bucks for those..but definitely have spent over 300 bucks for my son and I, including battle passes for us both.
Nice. Glad y’all kept playing. I play almost daily with my geo boys too. Been playing since season 1, the only other games I enjoyed this much and played this long were Doom 2 back in early 90s and Quake 3 in late 90s and 2000s. Pretty exciting they’ve kept people interested this long. Probably spent close to a grand between the three of us.
Add me DarkGruson
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 09:21 AM   #27
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruson View Post
Nice. Glad y’all kept playing. I play almost daily with my geo boys too. Been playing since season 1, the only other games I enjoyed this much and played this long were Doom 2 back in early 90s and Quake 3 in late 90s and 2000s. Pretty exciting they’ve kept people interested this long. Probably spent close to a grand between the three of us.
Add me DarkGruson
Will do!

I think what keeps me going the most is #1 the challenges and #2 the always changing landscape and items added. I haven't played a game this long either, not in a very long time.
Plus I have Gaming ADHD, because since I was a kid in the early NES days, I was always very fortunate and had tons of games for every console that was out.. And I have owned every System made except Atari Lynx and Jaguar. I buy tons of games even now, but either some are easy and beaten quick or some just don't hold my attention for long. So this is an amazing testament for this game...IMO.
Old 01-24-2019, 09:35 AM   #28
adee
Green Arrow

I know I'm old because I hate Fortnite.

I don't hate the game itself mind you, just the idea of it. My son is consumed by it and there are daily fights about playing time.

Makes me think back to how unfair it was to take away my Colecovision.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 10:56 AM   #29
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

My son plays a LOT. I hosted a "24 hours of Fortnite" party at my house with him and 4 friends. We had 6 TVs going in the basement. They had a blast and I am planning a summer party as well (so they can get outside when they come up from the basement to burn off steam (my Christmas tree was a casualty of horseplay at the party). I have only played a couple times myself but I often hang out in the basement while he is playing with his friends on headset as I know most of them.

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 09:35 PM   #30
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
I know I'm old because I hate Fortnite.

I don't hate the game itself mind you, just the idea of it. My son is consumed by it and there are daily fights about playing time.

Makes me think back to how unfair it was to take away my Colecovision.
Lol, yes same thing happens here...and I'm a couple of yrs older than you...it's a phase as long as you control it now. Honestly playing with him helped in a big way. he started to calm down, especially if I embarrass him while his friends are online...it works wonders

And as Jade mentioned above, make sure you know who is on the other end of that Mic/headset...I will shut it down in a heartbeat if I don't know who he is playing with..it's friends/family or nothing (with headsets of course) if he has them off he can play till his heart is content.