Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tsume / Attakus

Old 04-13-2019, 10:06 PM   #1
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Tsume HQS - wtf? real or fake sellout?

For those of you who are closer to this company, can someone explain this to me.

Tsume puts up a HQS piece like below, it cost $800 before shipping and has a 2500 ES. I get it's a pretty popular naruto character... but it sells out in like a few days. I just can't believe that's real. Maybe if it was 3 years ago.. but in today's market, it is impossible to imagine a 2500 ES $800 statue sells out like this...i don't care how nice it looks, and this one for example looks good but nothing earth shattering.

So what's going on? is the company just fake selling out like what PCS/jerry used to pull, to drive up hype. Or you guys think collectors really bought 2500 of them in a few days?

https://www.tsume-art.com/en/shop/sa...mon-of-susanoo
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 10:30 PM   #2
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Apparently this includes all the wholesales/retailers etc

They did the same thing with Goku Vs Nappa, said it was sold out in days but everywhere has it in stock still even now.

Also other "sold out" items have come back up for order eventually.

PCS we're selling Edition Sizes of 200-300 so i do believe they sold out up to a point but as you say 2500 in a day or so at this point in time is crazy....in fact i believe they had sold a 1000 in about 15 minutes according to their posts.

I have a much much harder time believing they sold out their Ichigo bust as quick as they did at 1400 euro and limited to a 1000.....life size bustss are notoriously harder to sell than statues but again Tsume did it in a few days...
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 10:48 PM   #3
Crash421
Sinister Six

This includes all contracted sales with partner stores. These stores are allocated a certain amount, the remainder are sold to the public. So out of the 2500 just sold maybe 500 are sold to partner stores and 2000 direct. That’s how they got a sudden inventory a few months back. They had two premium shops cancel orders (one went out of business or something like that). These are not all direct sales.
Crash421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 05:17 AM   #4
silentwinter92
U talkin' to me?

2.5k es is nothing to them. Fastest was hashirama and Robin. Hashirama 2hrs, robin 4hrs.

They are still market leaders and the anime statue market is very big.
silentwinter92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 06:13 AM   #5
b1azer
Doh!

Wrong. Anime statue market is actually much smaller than comic/game statue market. Simply because anime audience is younger.

Tsume don't have wide publicity nowadays. Take a look at comment count on this forum or myfigurecollection. They also are not listed on biggest retailers, such as Amiami, just recently they started to deal with BBTS.

I doubt they able to sell so fast. In fact I think they are not doing good, that's why they had to increase prices drastically for latest statues. I believe they are trying to get money to pay for production of current statues. Their production is also are far out of schedule. Saitama statue should've been shipped in the middle of last year and is still not.
b1azer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 06:27 AM   #6
daemerz
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1azer View Post
Wrong. Anime statue market is actually much smaller than comic/game statue market. Simply because anime audience is younger.
I think its the opposite. manga seems to have taken over comics even in the western market and the biggest junk of fans is probably between 18 and 35 nowadays.

pretty sure manga trumps comics globaly with ease.
daemerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 09:11 AM   #7
b1azer
Doh!

We are talking about anime/manga statue market. So the people that actually buy these statues and not anime market in general. To be able to afford 800$ statue you should be at least 25 years old.

To prove my point you can read comments about Ichigo bust on myfigcoll, these are voices of people from anime market.
b1azer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 10:34 PM   #8
silentwinter92
U talkin' to me?

You want a comparison? Do you know how big the custom anime market is ? There are so many Chinese companies copying what tsume is doing all down to the design of their bases and these go from 200-500 edition sizes normally.

All these companies only appeared in the last 3-4 years and you are telling me tsume isn’t doing well when there are so many copy cats around.

And your only source of evidence that tsume is faking their sales? Forum post count when the majority of the consumers are not on these boards.

To further point out the idiocy of your post, anime has been around a LONG time. There are a lot of older fans with money to splash out. Just think, DBZ, guyver, berserk all these franchises were created in the 80s -90s and all their fans will be in the 30-40s range.
silentwinter92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 09:12 AM   #9
Drakul
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

B1azer I'm not sure where you're from but it seems you're looking at this from a very US centric point of view.
Comics may still be bigger in the US but in Europe and Asia manga is waaaay bigger.
Tsume is a French company and they cater to the Europe market primarily.
Drakul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 09:50 PM   #10
Balthazar
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Like i said, the count distribution and wholesalers and also they are very tricky. Out of the blue you would see those pieces BACK IN THE WEBSITE.
Balthazar is offline   Reply With Quote