Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-12-2016, 10:01 PM   #11
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Cautiously optimistic based on that trailer but the music couldn't have been worse IMHO.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 11:32 PM   #12
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
Cautiously optimistic based on that trailer but the music couldn't have been worse IMHO.
Really? That trailer along Brittney Spears wouldn't have been worse? Justin Bieber? Selena Gomez? I could go on for dayz but I think you see where I'm going with this.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 10:45 AM   #13
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
Agreed. It doesn't hold up on a second viewing.

I think we need to leave hip-hop to the next Fast Furious sequel.
Hanky Panky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 12:25 PM   #14
SONICobra
Batman

they definitely ruined that trailer, whos the ad wizard genius who came up with that idea?
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 12:33 PM   #15
gomur
The Tick

Oh gods. Dat music selection.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 01:38 PM   #16
Luminous
Cyclops

Out of curiosity, do those of you criticizing the music selection for this trailer listen to hip hop? And no, exclusively listening to Beastie Boys as hip hop does not count.
Old 05-15-2016, 09:34 PM   #17
Luminous
Cyclops

No? Okay...

I've seen the trailer a few times now, and I can't help but feel people wouldn't have a problem with the music in the slightest if it were the same minus the lyrics. The ambience and tone the beat sets is infectious and gives the impression that the tale about to be told is of grand importance. Adding the lyrics about being a man of God and "I am a God" only plays further into the lore of Assassin's Creed. So I find the criticism towards the musical selection hear misplaced and unwarranted. If it isn't your "cup of tea" that's fine. I just wish would people would say that instead.
Old 05-15-2016, 10:13 PM   #18
gomur
The Tick

Hip hop isn't my favorite genre, but I find there is something to enjoy in all styles. Songs that transcend categories. I agree that the beat is infectious. If they left out the lyrics then I would've been fine. However, you hear lyrics and you see the singer and in this case Spanish Inquisition doesn't gel well with Kanye. Same if they inserted a Johnny Cash song in a Victorian era movie.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 12:19 AM   #19
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
Hip hop isn't my favorite genre, but I find there is something to enjoy in all styles. Songs that transcend categories. I agree that the beat is infectious. If they left out the lyrics then I would've been fine. However, you hear lyrics and you see the singer and in this case Spanish Inquisition doesn't gel well with Kanye. Same if they inserted a Johnny Cash song in a Victorian era movie.
I get that, but keep in mind that this movie isn't exclusively a period piece. The movie actually takes place in the present (or future, not sure that's clear yet), and the Animus program allows them to relive the past. So to me the idea of the song having a gothic vibe along with modern lyrics plays even more into the concept being presented by the film.