Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prototypez

Old 04-26-2013, 05:07 PM   #21
Ryu
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liad View Post
I was hoping for that face aswell, but it is still a possibility. She looks very bishoujo and innocent in the rough model, which is wrong. Cammy is battle-hardened ,and is always moody. Add these features to the face, and the rough model should come close to sf4 cammy.
I get Cammy has anime features and I'm fine with that but here she looks Asian. It's weird because the Asian characters (outside of fei,honda, chun li) Ryu and Sagat look like white guys in a different style. I just wanted something consistent from the games is all.
Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:16 PM   #22
Artsta
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
I get Cammy has anime features and I'm fine with that but here she looks Asian. It's weird because the Asian characters (outside of fei,honda, chun li) Ryu and Sagat look like white guys in a different style. I just wanted something consistent from the games is all.
She looks white to me. But hey this is just a rough. I'm sure the action pose is gonna scream insanity!!
Artsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:36 PM   #23
statuemonger
Sailor Moon

Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsta View Post
She looks white to me. But hey this is just a rough. I'm sure the action pose is gonna scream insanity!!
I think he is confusing asian with japanamie, looks very japanamie to me, in a good way.

John M.
statuemonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:48 PM   #24
Ryu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsta View Post
Her facial bone structure, cheeks, chin are Asian but her eyes, which are Disney eyes. Something the Japanese having been doing since the 40's,which they started implementing because they were influenced by Walt Disney cartoons. I am sure the body will be refined and turn out well. I know Erick has the ability to make anything wonderful. Just the sudden art direction shifted which has me scratching my head.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:40 PM   #25
Liad
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Quote:
Her facial bone structure, cheeks, chin are Asian but her eyes, which are Disney eyes. Something the Japanese having been doing since the 40's,which they started implementing because they were influenced by Walt Disney cartoons. I am sure the body will be refined and turn out well. I know Erick has the ability to make anything wonderful. Just the sudden art direction shifted which has me scratching my head.
the japanese didn't copy disney when it comes to the eyes. Osamu Tezuka(aka the Godfather of manga) came up with that character template design because he wanted an easier way to have his charactrers emoting. It became extremely popular and have now become the norm for anime/manga characters.
Liad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:44 PM   #26
rhy
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
the japanese didn't copy disney when it comes to the eyes. Osamu Tezuka(aka the Godfather of manga) came up with that character template design because he wanted an easier way to have his charactrers emoting. It became extremely popular and have now become the norm for anime/manga characters.

Good info, thanks!
rhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:49 PM   #27
Ryu

Quote:
his inspirations were Betty Boop and Walt Disney's Bambi and Mickey Mouse.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:19 PM   #28
StatueHunter75
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Boots need to be a little higher also right? And definately tighten up that A$$ that one is way to saggy.
StatueHunter75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:37 AM   #29
Liad
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Quote:
his inspirations were Betty Boop and Walt Disney's Bambi and Mickey Mouse.
Yes, but please don't confuse inspiration with copying.
Liad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 02:36 PM   #30
ZKULPTOR
MASTERING 3D!!!!!!
Producer

Quote:
Nothing to scratch your head about there is consistency as these are all being done by one guy.
So now worries there.
ZKULPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote