Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-20-2018, 08:34 PM   #2731
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyborgHunter View Post
I like my Magneto better by far, and he's just sitting around.

Attachment 112430
I envy you. Will you be getting professor X?
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 08:37 PM   #2732
CyborgHunter
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
I envy you. Will you be getting professor X?
I think I'm going to pass on Professor X, but I'm definitely getting Cyclops & maybe Gambit. What about you?
CyborgHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 08:42 PM   #2733
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
I think I'm going to pass on Professor X, but I'm definitely getting Cyclops & maybe Gambit. What about you?
Yea i want one, i'm undecided on which at the moment(wheel chair or hover chair) but plan on getting cyclops aswell and storm. I don't have mags but atleast i'll have the professor lol.
Old 03-20-2018, 08:48 PM   #2734
CyborgHunter
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Yea i want one, i'm undecided on which at the moment but plan on getting cyclops aswell and storm. I don't have mags but atleast i'll have the professor lol.
Yeah, I love Storm too. Thinking about getting her. You could always get White Magneto.
Old 03-20-2018, 08:56 PM   #2735
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Yeah, I love Storm too. Thinking about getting her. You could always get White Magneto.
I like white magnetos base, boots and gauntlets more but prefer the sculpt, suit and portrait of SS pf more and the cost will be less for me which is the one i'll likely get. But man mags on throne is the definitive, there is no substitute for that one.
Old 03-20-2018, 09:11 PM   #2736
CyborgHunter
Blue Falcon

Old 03-20-2018, 09:12 PM   #2737
CyborgHunter
Blue Falcon

Quote:
I like white magnetos base, boots and gauntlets more but prefer the sculpt, suit and portrait of SS pf more and the cost will be less for me which is the one i'll likely get. But man mags on throne is the definitive, there is no substitute for that one.
I love the White Magneto and if I didn't have the throne piece I would buy it. The only problem is he is huge and will take up a lot of real estate. Storm is the same way. I'm glad XM is starting to do smaller bases now.
Nothing wrong with SS Magneto, I really like it, especially the un-masked portrait.
Mags on the throne is! the definitive. It should be in a museum.
Old 03-20-2018, 11:52 PM   #2738
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytiger View Post
Thanos is not just sitting on his throne which is what he actually does by the way..His right hand is crushing the skull on the arm chair and the other hand is holding the infinity gauntlet which would wast your puny mag away. Also their is more detail in the throne alone then in this statue..Just saying..

Sometimes he does, but I’ve read enough Thanos to observe he sits on his throne just as much or not as any other character whose had a throne. I liken it to Black Panther crouching in almost every statue of him out there, yet in the actual comics (not counting pin up/internet Google search art) he’s standing the overwhelming majority of the time. It’s peoples idea of the character VS what the characters are actually like. Anyway, you have a nice set there, I dig your display. I just prefer characters not sitting around unless it’s Professor X and there’s no choice (although Professor X in the comics has been walking for like 10 years now).

Quote:
I like my Magneto better by far, and he's just sitting around.

Attachment 112430
Good for you, we have different wants is all. I very much like this Magneto as well. XM did an amazing job with the details and updating the costume. I prefer Magneto in action for my collection. The XM is good but I never felt I needed it. I want the ss in my collection. Magneto, aside from Apocalypse, is my favorite villain.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 06:49 PM   #2739
tonytiger
The X-Men

[QUOTE=Peedi;5583747]Sometimes he does, but I’ve read enough Thanos to observe he sits on his throne just as much or not as any other character whose had a throne. I liken it to Black Panther crouching in almost every statue of him out there, yet in the actual comics (not counting pin up/internet Google search art) he’s standing the overwhelming majority of the time. It’s peoples idea of the character VS what the characters are actually like. Anyway, you have a nice set there, I dig your display. I just prefer characters not sitting around unless it’s Professor X and there’s no choice (although Professor X in the comics has been walking for like 10 years now).

We all have to sit down eventually lol..I really wanted to dig this Mag but the cape did me in....Sorry but mix media is a no no on this in my opinion..Really cheapens it and this is not cheap either. What do think of the Daniel Bel RCB Magneto Custom Statue?
tonytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 07:29 PM   #2740
aa909
The Green Hornet

[QUOTE=tonytiger;5584094]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Sometimes he does, but I’ve read enough Thanos to observe he sits on his throne just as much or not as any other character whose had a throne. I liken it to Black Panther crouching in almost every statue of him out there, yet in the actual comics (not counting pin up/internet Google search art) he’s standing the overwhelming majority of the time. It’s peoples idea of the character VS what the characters are actually like. Anyway, you have a nice set there, I dig your display. I just prefer characters not sitting around unless it’s Professor X and there’s no choice (although Professor X in the comics has been walking for like 10 years now).

We all have to sit down eventually lol..I really wanted to dig this Mag but the cape did me in....Sorry but mix media is a no no on this in my opinion..Really cheapens it and this is not cheap either. What do think of the Daniel Bel RCB Magneto Custom Statue?
IMO the render on that peace was perfect but the final statue isn't worth $2K that's being asked for it now. The legs are too skinny below the knees, and the paint apps are "just OK" IMO. The purple is too bright, especially on that large cape (It should've been more of a matte finish) and the shading on the body is off IMO as well.

Don't get me wrong, it's a nice piece, but not worth the price given the issues I see. Anyway, that's just my personal take.
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote