Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 03-08-2018, 05:03 AM   #631
krawl
Frackin!

Hi guys, just picked mine up from the local distributor. Gotta say i love it... carnage is menacing to behold... in totality.

Issue is when i take it under a microscope i start seeing QC issues ive never experienced before on XM (and i own quite a few and have always been impressed by their quality).

Wondering if anyone else experienced the following:

1) thick stubborn layer of dust, particularly on the body. takes a while to clean off

2) black tendrils where the paint feels sticky (like it wasnt dried properly)

3) paintbrush bristles left behind in several spots on the body... which unfortunately chips microscopic paint off when u try to peel off the bristles

4) some black tendrils that dont fit fully flush on the body (some stick out just far enough that you can still see the colour coding on the connector pop out in the cracks)

5) the red symbiote gunk on the tower base is a darker dirtier red (almost as if the grey paint of the tower got mixed up a bit with the red symbiote on the tower)

6) some minor paint overruns / or missing paint of the black veins on the base red (for the main body). cant be certain if its meant to be this way, honestly difficult to tell

Honestly... i know that carnage is super complicated given
1) the texturing and the mix of painting black lines chaotically all over a textured red body.
2) tonnes of tendrils to connect

so im not sure if im just being unreasonably picky or everyone else face similar things and these are non-issues?

Didnt have time to take pics, was in a rush earlier. just looking to hear if these are common observations with this piece
krawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 04:40 AM   #632
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Pictures from Eddy Kwan

"Manchester is RED ... Maximum Carnage !!!", Eddy Kwan.

XM Studios Facebook

XM Studios Europe Facebook

GrumpyBear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 04:40 AM   #633
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Pictures from Eddy Kwan

Old 03-12-2018, 11:42 AM   #634
sdgs
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krawl View Post
Hi guys, just picked mine up from the local distributor. Gotta say i love it... carnage is menacing to behold... in totality.

Issue is when i take it under a microscope i start seeing QC issues ive never experienced before on XM (and i own quite a few and have always been impressed by their quality).

1) thick stubborn layer of dust, particularly on the body. takes a while to clean off

3) paintbrush bristles left behind in several spots on the body... which unfortunately chips microscopic paint off when u try to peel off the bristles

4) some black tendrils that dont fit fully flush on the body (some stick out just far enough that you can still see the colour coding on the connector pop out in the cracks)

5) the red symbiote gunk on the tower base is a darker dirtier red (almost as if the grey paint of the tower got mixed up a bit with the red symbiote on the tower)

6) some minor paint overruns / or missing paint of the black veins on the base red (for the main body). cant be certain if its meant to be this way, honestly difficult to tell

1) the texturing and the mix of painting black lines chaotically all over a textured red body.

so im not sure if im just being unreasonably picky or everyone else face similar things and these are non-issues?

Didnt have time to take pics, was in a rush earlier. just looking to hear if these are common observations with this piece
just got the piece.

1. yes a bit on dust all over the body but no big issue
2. not in my case
3. not in my case
4. yes the black tendrils dont fit as perfectly as other xm pieces and some black tendril can be fitted in either direction causing some really weird combination (im sure its not intended)
5. meant to be that way same color on the proto.

considering everything its not xm best quality statue but give the complication and the nature of the design it couldve been much worse imo.
sdgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 11:14 AM   #635
krawl
Frackin!

Quote:

UPDATE:

sent it back to the shop and made an exchange. this time the piece came almost perfect. just 3 tendrils not fitting as nicely so i traded those pieces in on the spot. Happy with my piece now.

still an awesome and fearsome figure!
krawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 02:32 PM   #636
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

Quote:

1. Not on mine

2. Yes, out of the box I had a few like that. They all feel normal now...I suspect something was not 100% cured when it was packed up.

3. Not on mine, but I have seen this before. Sometimes you can gently roll it out without damaging paint.

4. Yes, not all fit seamlessly. I used sticky tack to hold some of the loose ones in place...they were not so loose that they would fall out on their own, but would loosen when removing arms etc. The sticky tack holds them firmly in place. I only have one tendril (upper right on his back) that can be installed in two positions...the rest only fit one way.

5. I have not noticed this on mine.

6. I have a couple small blobs of red on the teeth of the tongue portrait. If it was the classic, I'd be a little choked, but on the tongue portrait I can live with it...no plans to ever display.

Quote:
UPDATE:

sent it back to the shop and made an exchange. this time the piece came almost perfect. just 3 tendrils not fitting as nicely so i traded those pieces in on the spot. Happy with my piece now.

still an awesome and fearsome figure!
Great to hear!

Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 05:12 AM   #637
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Old 03-15-2018, 05:12 AM   #638
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Old 03-15-2018, 05:12 AM   #639