Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Hot Toys

Old 12-26-2017, 08:46 PM   #1
Robbiezen
Doh!

Hot toys Robocop mms 202 voice issue

I recently purchased a mms 202 robocop and it is not working. It is supposed to speak phrases from the movie being activated by a remote control - but it is not working. What could be wrong with it? I have fresh corresponding batteries in both figure and remote. This is not acceptable. I do not understand how hot toys can charge such high prices for their products without even making sure they work? I am very, very, very disappointed.

1. On the back of robocop there is an on/off switch, and when switching it ”on”, the figure suddenly speaks a phrase automatically. But there it ends. So the speaker apparently works.

2. Also, there is a red light that also lights up on the remote control when pressing the buttons, so its not an issue of the remote being dead.

What is wrong with it guys?

Rob
Robbiezen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 03:03 PM   #2
zimmermouse
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Question

Please this is only just a thought to help you;
Maybe the battery in the remote is not sufficient and powerfull enough to reach the receiver, for translate this to trigger robocop for the voice, or the other way around that the battery in Robo is not powerfull enough to activate the voice when receiving the remote's signal. (Mind that the remotes LED light will light up with very little power needed the infra red needs more power to work properly!)
Maybe something is in the way that blocks the infra red signal between the remote and the Robo-figure, there could be a glitch in the receiver which catches the infra red signal from the remote.
Is it on demo mode!?
Don't you have any warranty anymore?
zimmermouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 11:43 AM   #3
Robbiezen
Doh!

Hi

Thanks for answering! I have fresh batteries in both Robo and remote! Still its not working. Well, after changing batteries in remote, Robo spoke some phrases... but then died down again. There are no interferring appliances around either.

Its like robo cant pick up signal from remote... I feel so disappointed... its like he’s dead...

But again the light lights up red on remote, but it cant make robo speak...
Robbiezen is offline   Reply With Quote