Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-21-2018, 05:32 AM   #91
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
A keyboard warrior. Well hello!

Time to put on my social justice armor thong.

Well if I must say Miles Morales is one of those few characters that have been attached to the growing failure and market decline of Marvel Comics which was part of an apparent failed attempt at diversity. Interesting.

Repackaging an existing character and calling it someone else? Sad.

No real offense to any of you other fans out there as I respect we all like different things. This is just my opinion and my rant on why no Miles in my Universe. Does diversity of thought exist in this new diversity continuum?

Anyway, maybe it's the Super Mario plant? I defer to your defecation and knowledge on this subject.

Well said.

Getting called ignorant which is a veiled way to say racist just because you don't like a certain comic book character is out of order.
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 05:47 AM   #92
RadAsGhoul
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
Well said.

Getting called ignorant which is a veiled way to say racist just because you don't like a certain comic book character is out of order.
He's being called ignorant because he was too lazy to familiarize himself with the book that was essentially the best spider book that Marvel has spewed in years. Why? Laziness? Stubbornness? And he obviously doesn't know the character, hence his jabs at the base. So how can you NOT like the character, without giving the book a go?

I know I did the same mistake when they first announced Miles as the next Ultimate Spidey. But I gave it a go, and hey, what do you know, it turned out to be better than core book.
RadAsGhoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 05:51 AM   #93
RadAsGhoul
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
A keyboard warrior. Well hello!

Time to put on my social justice armor thong.

Well if I must say Miles Morales is one of those few characters that have been attached to the growing failure and market decline of Marvel Comics which was part of an apparent failed attempt at diversity. Interesting.

Repackaging an existing character and calling it someone else? Sad.

No real offense to any of you other fans out there as I respect we all like different things. This is just my opinion and my rant on why no Miles in my Universe. Does diversity of thought exist in this new diversity continuum?

Anyway, maybe it's the Super Mario plant? I defer to your defecation and knowledge on this subject.

I was pretty much in your shoes on this subject, until I read it. Pick up the book. You might actually like it. I wouldn't defend it if it wasn't good.
RadAsGhoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 06:55 AM   #94
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

I am old school Spidey and no very little about Miles but this is absolutely brilliant. It really displays nicely with the other comiquette. I might order this. I wish we had been given this pose earlier for Spidey.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 08:07 AM   #95
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I personally think this piece looks awesome. I have 0 knowledge of the character, but the statue itself looks great. I think the base is very interesting, and while I can see similarities to the plant in Little Shop, I can also see Venom in it as well.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 08:40 AM   #96
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 09:39 AM   #97
Y3E
Gen 13

I've been reading Miles' book since it came out and he is a great character but like all good books it has slowed down a bit and the stories are becoming less entertaining.

Great statue though and goes great with SS Spidey. I might just get this if I can use enough reward points or international discounts.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 10:11 AM   #98
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Miles was created well before the diversity push at marvel.... this statue is awesome and they should make an ultimate Venom to go with him a whole run of ultimate universe statues would be cool
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 11:59 AM   #99
AC_808
Hercules

This statue is not bad, but the price is outrageous. I feel like the price is more for the base than the actual character statue. Unreal!
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 12:26 PM   #100
IzeroI
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
I've been reading Miles' book since it came out and he is a great character
Yup same here. Comic accurate statue and a character I like. Day 1 PO for me.
IzeroI is offline   Reply With Quote