Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 07-26-2012, 10:10 PM   #1
BornFreeSF
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

New to ARH

Hey guys

I'm new to ARH statues and would like to understand how things work.

The Angle of Death has sparked some interest and The Minotaur looks good.

Can you help me? I have a few questions!

1. Where is the best place to buy ARH statues?

2a. What's all this AP business? Seems like ARH makes about 30-50 of the statue (pre-factory) and puts them up for sale on the ARH website. My question is why?

2b. Is it to gauge interest? Is it possible that if the APs do not sell quickly they will not produce an official factory run?

2c. How much more expensive are the APs vs the factory run in general? I mean % wise?

3. Where's the best place to get ARH news? Here?

4a. Is there always a Sideshow exclusive? Historically has the Sideshow exclusive been better of worse or not worth it?

4b. Can you but the regular through Sideshow?

4c. Are there exclusives that are not on Sideshow? I've seen a "bloodied" Barbarian on eBay a number of times.

Sorry if these questions have been answered in the past but there's a lot of threads and no apparent "stickied" thread with FAQs.

Appreciate the help.

Thanks
Mark
BornFreeSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:42 PM   #2
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornFreeSF View Post
Hey guys

I'm new to ARH statues and would like to understand how things work.

The Angle of Death has sparked some interest and The Minotaur looks good.

Can you help me? I have a few questions!

1. Where is the best place to buy ARH statues?

2a. What's all this AP business? Seems like ARH makes about 30-50 of the statue (pre-factory) and puts them up for sale on the ARH website. My question is why?

2b. Is it to gauge interest? Is it possible that if the APs do not sell quickly they will not produce an official factory run?

2c. How much more expensive are the APs vs the factory run in general? I mean % wise?

3. Where's the best place to get ARH news? Here?

4a. Is there always a Sideshow exclusive? Historically has the Sideshow exclusive been better of worse or not worth it?

4b. Can you but the regular through Sideshow?

4c. Are there exclusives that are not on Sideshow? I've seen a "bloodied" Barbarian on eBay a number of times.

Sorry if these questions have been answered in the past but there's a lot of threads and no apparent "stickied" thread with FAQs.

Appreciate the help.

Thanks
Mark
Hey Mark I'll try and answer this as best I can. Thanks for the SDCC videos this year.

1)Either through Sideshow or through Secret Compass Collectibles via their website. Really nice and reliable store that sells ARH products. Sideshow usually carries the Exclusives though. I don't know if any other store does.

2a)The APs are all painted in ARH's studio. When you get one its done in house. In addition APs are usually up for sale on ARH website before anyone else gets them, even months in advance.

2b)This is probably done so that the most loyal ARH fans can get it far before others can. I've never bought an AP so if there are other reasons, I am unaware.

2c)I believe the APs are around the same price. The difference may be with the shipping and that I am unsure about. Now that ARH uses high quality foam, its not a problem to buy directly from them like it used to be.

3)The best place to get ARH news is directly via ARH website. They have a forum (really small right now) that just started up in May. There are three sections and you can ask any and all questions there. Either Arahom or Averone will answer them. Not much up right now in terms of sneaks, they put up really well done videos showing WIPs and finished products not yet for sale so you can see what it looks like in video. I like this part the most.

4a & 4b)Usually, both the regular and Ex. are sold through SS. The Ex. are sold directly through SS, that's the only place you can get it I think. Secondly, in terms of what is better. That depends of preference. Some ex. are better. The Valkyrie Ex. is much better than the regular that you can buy now on ARH site. Leonidas (both ex. and reg.) were sold through SS as well. You can buy both ex. and reg. through SS.

4c)Occassionally, a store might get a special version of a certain statue. For instance, the bloody Barbarian is available ONLY through Secret Compass Collectibles with an edition of only 50. Once they are gone, that's it for good. The price is the same as the regular I believe.

Hope this answers most of your questions.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 12:26 AM   #3
BornFreeSF
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Yes that's REALLY helpful. Thanks so much Loricstone.

I've seen the videos. They are great. I wish they would put links in the description of the video so you know where to buy - the 50 ES bloodied barbarian is definitely worth knowing about!

Thanks again. I will check out Secret Compass Collectibles website.

I would expect APs to be of a very high standard - especially from a paint standpoint, if they are not done by the factory. So that's good.

I still have one outstanding question though which you weren't able to answer. Do the APs cost more, and if so, how much more - examples would be great if anyone has them.

Thanks!
Mark
BornFreeSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 02:01 AM   #4
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
They're usually the same price. For instance, the Barbarian AP cost the same as the Bloodbath Barbarian version at Secret Compass. At least I think it is.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:33 PM   #5
mad titan
A day without sunshine is like... night.

go thru sideshow or retailer,arh burnt me on an ap. one of 30 confirmed and even paid more, never again there are other reputable compnies to deal with.before i ordered i heard bad talk from other statue colletors but found out the hard way on my own.don,t get me wrong the statues are great just don,t deal direct.
mad titan is offline   Reply With Quote