Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 04-18-2011, 11:17 PM   #11
pavehawk78
Hellfire Club

By the way...how many "famous" artists are cranking out pieces for $15 a pop??????
pavehawk78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:25 PM   #12
samhain88
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchet View Post
Really? What's that all about? I will contact the guy about a Hulk - his stuff looks fantastic!
LOL. That was a joke from a thread I posted in earlier. I thought someone would find it funny but I guess it's kida hard joking through typing.

But seriously, the guy does some fine work. And at $15 a pop you can't go wrong.
samhain88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:26 PM   #13
The Batfan
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhain88 View Post
Is he famous and or published? If not, Im out...
No Steve is not Famous but he has done work for DC and etc on their coloring books in the last few years.. Steve is a buddy of mine the whole Onixan crew are some talented guys.

your whole art snobbery attitude is just ignorant have you ever thought that you might buy art from an artist BEFORE they are famous.... with more than a 1000 commissions/sketches in my collection and 20 years in collecting comic art. I have been lucky to get pieces by artists before they got a lucky break this is why I say give the non name guys a chance you never know who they will be in 5 years.....
The Batfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:49 PM   #14
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batfan View Post
No Steve is not Famous but he has done work for DC and etc on their coloring books in the last few years.. Steve is a buddy of mine the whole Onixan crew are some talented guys.

your whole art snobbery attitude is just ignorant have you ever thought that you might buy art from an artist BEFORE they are famous.... with more than a 1000 commissions/sketches in my collection and 20 years in collecting comic art. I have been lucky to get pieces by artists before they got a lucky break this is why I say give the non name guys a chance you never know who they will be in 5 years.....
Oh man, posted right after this:

Quote:
LOL. That was a joke from a thread I posted in earlier. I thought someone would find it funny but I guess it's kida hard joking through typing.

But seriously, the guy does some fine work. And at $15 a pop you can't go wrong.
Bad timing!

Yeah - sarcasm is hard to put through typed word - especially if you've never seen the other thread...
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:50 PM   #15
ratchet
Mandarin

By the way - I would love to take advantage of this list - but am not aprt of the Deviant art site - is there a way to contact him without being a member?

Maybe Lee knows how I can get a hold of him - I would love a Planet Hulk head sketch!
Old 04-18-2011, 11:52 PM   #16
liamsynclair
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchet View Post
By the way - I would love to take advantage of this list - but am not aprt of the Deviant art site - is there a way to contact him without being a member?

Maybe Lee knows how I can get a hold of him - I would love a Planet Hulk head sketch!
Do u FaceBook...its easy to get a hold of him there...if not let me know n Ill shoot him a PM for ya
liamsynclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:52 PM   #17
samhain88
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batfan View Post
with more than a 1000 commissions/sketches in my collection and 20 years in collecting comic art. I have been lucky to get pieces by artists before they got a lucky break this is why I say give the non name guys a chance you never know who they will be in 5 years.....
Im curious. Who did you get a sketch by before they ''made it big''? Out of 1000 random ass pieces of art, how many actually became successful in the industry?
samhain88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:55 PM   #18
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
Im curious. Who did you get a sketch by before they ''made it big''? Out of 1000 random ass pieces of art, how many actually became successful in the industry?
I was able to snag a few McGuiness sketches when he was a nobody at the cons - his stuff was always great!
Old 04-18-2011, 11:56 PM   #19
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by liamsynclair View Post
Do u FaceBook...its easy to get a hold of him there...if not let me know n Ill shoot him a PM for ya
I am on FB - I will try to locate him there - thanks!
Old 04-19-2011, 12:00 AM   #20
liamsynclair
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I don't think art has to be created by a "name" to be viewed as great art...don't get me wrong their are plenty of "names" I would love to score pieces from but if not...there are plenty of up and coming artists that could create brilliance just as nice...for me, I love the characters n possibilities far more than who is drawing them...so the charcters far out weigh the artists...
liamsynclair is offline   Reply With Quote