Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 01-12-2018, 06:43 PM   #751
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman585 View Post
its up who is ordering it?
i like the ex much more than i thought i would and dont want to chance it, the deed is done
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 06:47 PM   #752
Slamboni
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

EX ordered
Slamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 07:01 PM   #753
Vendetta
The X-Men

I only lasted a few hours - I’ve decided I’m going to order it. I’ll wait until it gets waitlisted though since I don’t have any coupons to use anyway and won’t use rewards points - might as well wait on paying the NRD then.

What sold me was looking at a post from Kelvin (FB group admin) again in which he outlines P1’s vision on how Batman, Supes, Ivy and Huntress are to be displayed together - Batman essentially is kind of in front of Superman, and the two of them look better together that way vs. being placed side-by-side.

The only problem is finding a place to display them that way - their bases (especially Superman’s) are absolutely enormous.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 08:31 PM   #754
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon3000 View Post

I think both feet are on the ledge, looking at the drawing. The statue is great but I'm not so sure if I'm going to order it (too many POs already for this year, all P1).
Seems like the perspective to me, which is why the statue better matches the art in the site photos P1 tilted or shot from below (I agree with many of the above members who've said this piece will display better from above, as difficult as that'll be to pull off once adding the companion pieces, like Supes.)

You'll notice on the art, the gargoyles aren't on the same plane, whereas on the second photo with the statue level with the ground, the gargoyles are. That would suggest the drawing's perspective is also from slightly below and that the left leg is farther back than it looks at face value. Also, the right leg is bent to point where his calf is touching the back of his leg, while the right leg is more spread out, so they can't both be on the ledge if they're at the same level or they'd be in the same position, like Spider-Man crouching in the third photo.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dc-comics-batman-hush-statue-prime1-studio-903353-03.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	177.8 KB
ID:	110537   Click image for larger version

Name:	dc-comics-batman-hush-statue-prime1-studio-903353-05.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	172.3 KB
ID:	110538   Click image for larger version

Name:	spider-man_2002_cropped_crouch.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	110539  
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 08:45 PM   #755
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

As a huge Batman fan I was hoping to have this along with the Iron Studios 1:3 and P1 Frank Miller 1:3 to represent the character in large scale but I’m finding myself hesitating here. Looks good but it’s not blowing me away. Might be the pose. Need to step back and reevaluate after a bit but the 1k price tag sure isn’t helping in convincing me I need this.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 09:38 PM   #756
Platty
Fantastic Four

EX ordered!
Platty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 10:23 PM   #757
Xaerius
The Herculoids

I ordered this right away because that sculpted musculature is absolutely amazing. For me, this is the nicest Batman that P1 has put up for pre-order...
Xaerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 10:52 PM   #758
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I’m very tempted by this. Very. I have too much on order right now and I know if I order this, I need Superman to go with it and $2000 later....
ComicJesus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 11:56 PM   #759
khrisc
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadekite22 View Post
This is implying Lee is infallible at posing, whereas the statue looks like the source material to me. Lee can make just about any pose look good, but that's because, much like Mike Mignola*, he draws it at one angle and hides things, like the legs here, in shadow. If one took a Jack Kirby panel, even prior to his anatomical drawing becoming more concrete-looking, and rendered it in 3D, the pose would at least appear off or uncomfortable-looking at some angles because it was originally drawn to maximize the dynamism at only its intended perspective.

Looking at the original art, it only becomes more impressive to me how P1 rendered the image. The right forearm on the drawing for example doesn't look three-dimensional in the slightest, especially the transition to the wrist. I can't imagine that being an easy to translate, but P1 managed to give the musculature a tangible, bulky feel by comparison.

*Mignola actually requested guest artist on Hellboy, for example, to keep the Right Hand of Doom obscured because he'd never drawn the palm side. We also deservedly criticize Liefeld for not drawing feet, but artists use all kinds of "shortcuts" which make for better 2D images.
I think it looks awkward for me because of the head placement and how he is leaning a little bit backwards not like ready to lunge forward..i think thats what makes this piece looks like he fell and just caught his footing.
khrisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 12:29 AM   #760
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrisc View Post
I think it looks awkward for me because of the head placement and how he is leaning a little bit backwards not like ready to lunge forward..i think thats what makes this piece looks like he fell and just caught his footing.
To me it looks like he's getting ready to throw the batarang (and really works best for me with the batarang in his left hand and the rope in the right).

I forgot about Huntress being planned... ugh. I do like Huntress, but she's not normally a character I'd drop $1K on and I just know I'll feel the need to complete the line since it sounds like they intend this to turn into the biggest diorama ever. Maybe I'll be able to get myself to stop with Superman.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote