Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 01-13-2018, 12:44 AM   #761
Vendetta
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
To me it looks like he's getting ready to throw the batarang (and really works best for me with the batarang in his left hand and the rope in the right).

I forgot about Huntress being planned... ugh. I do like Huntress, but she's not normally a character I'd drop $1K on and I just know I'll feel the need to complete the line since it sounds like they intend this to turn into the biggest diorama ever. Maybe I'll be able to get myself to stop with Superman.
I think just having the two together looks good, but only really when Batman is in front of Superman (I was underwhelmed at Tokyo Comic Con when they had them side by side).
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 12:46 AM   #762
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
To me it looks like he's getting ready to throw the batarang (and really works best for me with the batarang in his left hand and the rope in the right).

I forgot about Huntress being planned... ugh. I do like Huntress, but she's not normally a character I'd drop $1K on and I just know I'll feel the need to complete the line since it sounds like they intend this to turn into the biggest diorama ever. Maybe I'll be able to get myself to stop with Superman.
Agreed on both points. I thought the Miller Bats had a similar ideal switch-out scheme with the grappling hook compared to the other options.
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 12:49 AM   #763
VindictvePotato
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
As a huge Batman fan I was hoping to have this along with the Iron Studios 1:3 and P1 Frank Miller 1:3 to represent the character in large scale but I’m finding myself hesitating here. Looks good but it’s not blowing me away. Might be the pose. Need to step back and reevaluate after a bit but the 1k price tag sure isn’t helping in convincing me I need this.
It's risky, but I'm thinking it will pay off to wait. It's why I'm opting out. From what I've seen, most of the 1/3 pieces sell for less than retail in the aftermarket. And so far, the waitlist I've jumped on for P1 pieces convert very quickly.....and this is almost coming out in a year and half...potentially more if delayed. ...
can't think of a single reason to order it right now
VindictvePotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 03:46 AM   #764
Synzaic
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Ya...i paid full price for harley and bane....they where throwing some serious discount at them fir a while.
Synzaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 09:05 AM   #765
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

May - July 2019? Sheesh.
I'm not getting this but that's a ridiculous wait time, by the time he ships Id be like meh, I'm over it.
And at $1k IDK why they don't start flex pay sooner.
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 02:53 PM   #766
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbusts View Post
Staged yes, but there are pics there where it is at an angle you would see at on display.
Personally, I don't have statues diaplayed below waste level- I feel it's a loss not to have a full view. This piece is going on the top shelf or on top of the shelf. That is probably the best displaying height for this piece to see all the awesomeness.
But in the end, it's all about room and displayability(I made that word up)
I meant more the dynamic lightning and hard angled pictures. On my top shelf I still foresee my buddies asking why he looks like he is slipping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrisc View Post
this is the source. It looks more natural right? well at least for me..batman is crouching ready to attack..the prime1 statue to me looks like he lost his balance and fell but he caught his footing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
2D to 3D will never be exact. The most we can hope for is when in hand someone manipulates the statue and photographs from the EXACT position the art is in to actually gauge how close or off this is. But his head is clearly turned more and his left arm is tucked in further on the statue.
I remember Jim Lee himself joking about how he learned his art does not translate properly into 3D when he did all the initial designs for the DCU Online game. I guess the game designers tounge in cheek gave him the gears because "his art sucks" (as a source for 3D modelling)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
As a huge Batman fan I was hoping to have this along with the Iron Studios 1:3 and P1 Frank Miller 1:3 to represent the character in large scale but I’m finding myself hesitating here. Looks good but it’s not blowing me away. Might be the pose. Need to step back and reevaluate after a bit but the 1k price tag sure isn’t helping in convincing me I need this.
Exactly where I am on it brother HB, save using Arkham Knight in lieu of Miller Bats for the same purpose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
I think just having the two together looks good, but only really when Batman is in front of Superman (I was underwhelmed at Tokyo Comic Con when they had them side by side).
110% this. Paired with Superman he's perfect. But I'm not in the market for a 1/3 Supes.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 07:50 PM   #767
ram O
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Omg. Thank god I noticed it and purchased the Ex before it sells out. I’m worried now when Superman will come out. Any ideas guys? And did anyone have any heads up on this batman being up on the SS site? Only reason I found out was checking my status on my Thanos Ex.
ram O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 07:52 AM   #768
Joel
The Herculoids

There is a real presence to this and the Superman Hush peices. I have the Frank Miller Bats and it’s truly incredible. I think this is going to have the same impact/room presence on me as FMB so PO’ed without the slightest hesitation.

Just look at these peices! https://youtu.be/gXeFertxNtI
Joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 08:49 PM   #769
ram O
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel View Post
There is a real presence to this and the Superman Hush peices. I have the Frank Miller Bats and it’s truly incredible. I think this is going to have the same impact/room presence on me as FMB so PO’ed without the slightest hesitation.

Just look at these peices! https://youtu.be/gXeFertxNtI
Agree. I don’t get some of the comments lol but to each his own. Imo I think every company makes great statues and I think they all look awesome. There’s few out there yes that look cheap but the bottom line is taste. Imo this Superman and Batman Hush is perfect and will stand out in my collection. Can’t wait to add my first 1/3 prime 1 pieces and I’m out after I purchase the SS cap soon to come out.
ram O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 09:21 PM   #770
Castor Troy
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

pre ordered EX...this statue is so damn sick!Hope i dont die before i received ..long waiting time but worth it...
Castor Troy is offline   Reply With Quote