Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-16-2018, 11:16 PM   #1131
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nice Guy View Post
I am surprised that a custom hasn't surfaced on this piece. The character has a lot of hype and I think the pose is likely a good base to work with.
Id still like to one day if i ever get caught up with my other projects, i think it could be cool - has a lot of potential i think
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 12:21 AM   #1132
Punisher_
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nice Guy View Post
I am surprised that a custom hasn't surfaced on this piece. The character has a lot of hype and I think the pose is likely a good base to work with.
There has and its awesome. Look up Vizion 1/4 Custom Deathstroke. NOW that is how sideshow should of made instead of trying to be all creative and making their own version of Deathstroke. I swear they let their creative team do way to much instead of just sticking to the easy source material that would of sold instantly and might of been grail status. Oh well.
Punisher_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 02:53 AM   #1133
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher_ View Post
There has and its awesome. Look up Vizion 1/4 Custom Deathstroke. NOW that is how sideshow should of made instead of trying to be all creative and making their own version of Deathstroke. I swear they let their creative team do way to much instead of just sticking to the easy source material that would of sold instantly and might of been grail status. Oh well.
I don't think he was talking about an unlicensed custom 1/4 Deathstroke in general. I'm fairly certain he was saying he's surprised no one took the sideshow Deathstroker PF and tried to customize it. There were some members saying they were going to buy the PF and have it customized. As far as I can tell, that hasn't happened yet.
FJC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 09:22 AM   #1134
Mister H
Gen 13

OK, we're coming up on 3 years since the reveal of this "Deathstroke". Time for Sideshow to reveal a new comic accurate version. We got 2 Supergirls in less time I believe, come on Sideshow let's get with it.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 09:30 AM   #1135
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
OK, we're coming up on 3 years since the reveal of this "Deathstroke". Time for Sideshow to reveal a new comic accurate version. We got 2 Supergirls in less time I believe, come on Sideshow let's get with it.
Absolutely! Well past time for a classic Perez Deathstroke PF. Sideshow needs to move on from the Deathstroker PF debacle and give us a proper Deathstroke PF.
FJC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 09:44 AM   #1136
SONICobra
Batman

i was just thinking to myself the other day im hoping they revisit deathstroke with another pf, i never thought this was terrible but i know they can do better
Old 08-20-2019, 11:39 AM   #1137
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Absolutely! Well past time for a classic Perez Deathstroke PF. Sideshow needs to move on from the Deathstroker PF debacle and give us a proper Deathstroke PF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
i was just thinking to myself the other day im hoping they revisit deathstroke with another pf, i never thought this was terrible but i know they can do better
Yeah, he's one of the only 1/4 statues that I still need for my office:

1. Comic Batman
2. Comic Captain America
3. Comic Deathstroke
4. Comic Thor - museum pose

Already have or on order:
1. Punisher
2. Judge Dredd
3. War Machine
4. Colossus
5. Mr. Sinister (upcoming from XM hopefully)
6. Green Lantern
7. Cap holding Mjolnir
Old 08-20-2019, 12:42 PM   #1138
SONICobra
Batman

is the xm sinister still happening?

as far as deathstroke goes i know everyone wants a classic perez but id be really happy with something like this as well

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8xNzQvNzc0L29yaWdpbmFsL0RlYXRoc3Ryb2tlX1JlYmly.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	341.6 KB
ID:	125181   Click image for larger version

Name:	D_MpG4OWsAMfTxp.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	113.1 KB
ID:	125182  
Old 08-20-2019, 01:50 PM   #1139
Mister H
Gen 13

Perez Deathstroke is my #1 preferred version, I'd take that one too though.
Old 08-20-2019, 05:21 PM   #1140
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Agreed. My villains display still needs him. P1 has already created 2 awesome versions of The Terminator. SS just needs to keep it simple, Perez it up, and not trip over their own creativity.

I'll agree that Tony Daniel's take on Deathstroke is also head and shoulders above the SS version.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote