Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 08-24-2007, 12:02 AM   #21
Who's who
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony D View Post
it depends on the quality of the resin. if they used real cheap resin some of those cleaners can melt/mush up surface details. even though JR screwed up the paintjob, i don't think their resin would be of cheap quality.
if you send it out to saul or danno or rickdtm or phil etc... i'm sure they'll know thier way around it.
Well said Tony D
Who's who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 05:37 PM   #22
Gir
Death is hereditary.

Wasn't this statue originally going to be repainted faux bronze? I think that would have turned out better.
Gir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 05:44 PM   #23
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gir View Post
Wasn't this statue originally going to be repainted faux bronze? I think that would have turned out better.
Frank Jr. told me on the phone that he was going to do about half and half and was more or less giving the option either way. But he also told me that this "wash" technique was looking really good as well. I haven't seen any in the Faux Bronze, but that has been part of the problem all along. There have never been ANY pictures to go by. The only ones on the Frazetta site before shipping were of the raw sculpt. No pictures were ever posted showing how they look after Frank Jr redid them. I honestly don't know if faux bronze would have looked better or not, but at the price we paid for it I wish we could have looked at them before hand. Very few people are putting any pics out there now in any case. Other than mine and Returning Son's I haven't seen any. I don't know if others are satisfied with theirs and I just got a lemon or if they are embarrassed at having got ripped off or if out of respect for the Frazettas they just aren't posting them, but I for one would love to see any other pics if anybody has them, especially the faux bronze.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 08:21 PM   #24
ReturningSon
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Yeah, maybe Alex Castro could repaint them...He did one a while back and it looked kick ass...but the finished versions still need alot of work...I was planning to order a plenthora of products from the Frazetta gallery like one of the Master Collection Deluxe giclees but now, after seeing this product, I am not so sure...
ReturningSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 12:23 PM   #25
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony D View Post
it depends on the quality of the resin. if they used real cheap resin some of those cleaners can melt/mush up surface details. even though JR screwed up the paintjob, i don't think their resin would be of cheap quality.
if you send it out to saul or danno or rickdtm or phil etc... i'm sure they'll know thier way around it.
I took your advice Tony D, it is now enroute to the capable hands of Saul Alvarez. I will post pics of it once he finishes it. I really think it was the best thing to do under the circumstances. I also sent my Barbarian PPS to Alex Castro to repaint. He is going to do WIP photos in the painters section once he receives it so I won't have to post them. I am looking forward to having two kick A$$ Frazetta statues once Saul and Alex have worked their magic
Old 03-24-2008, 09:07 AM   #26
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Saul just finished repainting my Dark Kingdom, here are the results. It looks 100 times better.

Old 03-24-2008, 10:58 AM   #27
miseroth
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Congrats TNovak - that looks great....much better!
miseroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 04:51 AM   #28
warhead
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Congrats TN great score and well deserved...another home run by Saul.
warhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 09:30 AM   #29
apetrucc
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

TNovak Looks great ..much better than the original
Saul does great work . He did up my Frazetta Death Dealer Kit from Brothers In Resin and just hit it out of the park!!!!!!!!!
apetrucc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 03:50 PM   #30
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
Saul just finished repainting my Dark Kingdom, here are the results. It looks 100 times better.

man im happy you finally got the piece you deserve,i think Jr should give some of your money back!
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote