Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 08-21-2019, 05:00 PM   #1791
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram O View Post
I love my blue Hush Batman. The statue imo is perfect besides the cape issue. As long as the statue is in perfect condition I’m cool. I just don’t see this statue ever breaking by leaning concerns. The statue itself is well put together only thing I’ve seen move is obviously the cape itself but imo is no big deal. Now pumped about tomorrow to assemble my Hush Sculpted Superman to pair them together.

So you acknowledge that the cape has moved because of the weight but don't ever see the statue breaking eventually from leaning?
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 06:23 PM   #1792
ram O
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermetroid View Post
So you acknowledge that the cape has moved because of the weight but don't ever see the statue breaking eventually from leaning?
The cape moved because of the cape itself not the statue but again is really not a big deal. And leaning problems I just don’t see it. I think people are overreacting. I have held it with both hands and shook it and it doesn’t move. Like any other statue I own only way it breaks is if I break it myself. This is a beautiful statue in person. And going to sell my other Batman statue maybe and just keep this one.
ram O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 06:44 PM   #1793
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
The cape moved because of the cape itself not the statue but again is really not a big deal. And leaning problems I just don’t see it. I think people are overreacting. I have held it with both hands and shook it and it doesn’t move. Like any other statue I own only way it breaks is if I break it myself. This is a beautiful statue in person. And going to sell my other Batman statue maybe and just keep this one.
Shaking a statue doesn’t prove a thing. Leaning can be caused by the actual statue warping because of weight distribution issues, which slowly occurs over time. And it can be exacerbated by climate etc.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 08:07 PM   #1794
ram O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Shaking a statue doesn’t prove a thing. Leaning can be caused by the actual statue warping because of weight distribution issues, which slowly occurs over time. And it can be exacerbated by climate etc.
Eh... Again I just don’t see it. Have many statues with unique poses. And they are all just fine.
Old 08-21-2019, 08:15 PM   #1795
supermetroid
Teen Titans

It's probably my favorite looking Batman statue yet(I don't own it), I guess it's too soon to say if the issue is overblown or not. To me it's almost worse if it's a long term problem and there's no returns or fixes. I've only had 3 leaning statues out of around 100 and one of them was SS Superman which I know was a common problem.

I think it's good knowledge though if there is a leaning problem, and I definitely would hesitate ordering based on that. You can tell from pictures that the balance is off, perhaps as someone mentioned they didn't account for that when changing the pose.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 08:50 PM   #1796
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Eh... Again I just don’t see it. Have many statues with unique poses. And they are all just fine.
Unfortunately I have a few statues which have various leaning issues.

The worst is the Sideshow Superman premium format. I currently have it leaning against the side of the Besta cabinet in which it’s displayed in. But I’ll probably box it up as new statues come in to replace it.

I also have the Sideshow Dark Phoenix premium format which leans a bit. But that seems to primarily have been caused by the foot peg loosening over time rather than the body bending.

I also have maybe another 1-2 which have minor leaning issues, but note that I have over 80 large scale pieces between 1/6 to 1/2 scale statues (not including 1/10 scales or Hot Toys etc). So percentage wise it’s not too bad.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 09:47 PM   #1797
Biggunz
Loki

So is sideshow giving refunds or credit on this ?
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 10:07 PM   #1798
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Yeah I mean for how much everyone posts pictures of what it looks like from the front, a picture from the side really tells the story. There's just so much weight leaning towards the front and if you haven't done any due diligence on at least trying to offset it, I think you've got a chance for some issues eventually. Doesn't mean it will definitely happen, I mean you could have it for years and years and nothing happens. But just looking at it from the side, there's clearly just a ton of weight leaning to the front of the statue.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190821_190311.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	314.9 KB
ID:	125192  
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 10:41 PM   #1799
ram O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Unfortunately I have a few statues which have various leaning issues.

The worst is the Sideshow Superman premium format. I currently have it leaning against the side of the Besta cabinet in which it’s displayed in. But I’ll probably box it up as new statues come in to replace it.

I also have the Sideshow Dark Phoenix premium format which leans a bit. But that seems to primarily have been caused by the foot peg loosening over time rather than the body bending.

I also have maybe another 1-2 which have minor leaning issues, but note that I have over 80 large scale pieces between 1/6 to 1/2 scale statues (not including 1/10 scales or Hot Toys etc). So percentage wise it’s not too bad.
I have that same SS Superman mines it’s in perfect condition. But yes I definitely heard stories about that specific statue. I guess all you can hope for is yours doesn’t turn out bad witch could be a headache shipping back.
Old 08-21-2019, 11:16 PM   #1800
Glencairn
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
Yeah I mean for how much everyone posts pictures of what it looks like from the front, a picture from the side really tells the story. There's just so much weight leaning towards the front and if you haven't done any due diligence on at least trying to offset it, I think you've got a chance for some issues eventually. Doesn't mean it will definitely happen, I mean you could have it for years and years and nothing happens. But just looking at it from the side, there's clearly just a ton of weight leaning to the front of the statue.
That pic says a lot, it doesn't reguire much more forward leaning and the risk of toppling over will increase dramatically
Hopefully these things won't kill anyone's kids or pets in the future
Glencairn is offline   Reply With Quote